need help from our sifu here about rims...

zeromitos

Jan 3, 2006
hello to all ZTH sifu out there...
im a newbie in this car modding world, but looks like car modding can be my new hobby beside playing futsal. HAHA...
ok enough said, i would like to gain more knowledge on changing my standard rims for sport rims...
well, im using a proton wira 1.5(M) - my wife this one, just bought it october last year...
ok, the first thing i want to know is which size of sport rim is better, 15" or 16"...
well both rims should have their pros & cons, 17" is too big for me(and its way too expensive)...
i need to know the pros & cons of these size of rims before buying them (if possible before this coming raya, if not end of this year la)...
and the other thing i want to know about these sport rims are the "PCD" thing that ppl always mentioned in the forum...
what is this PCD thing...??
and whats the PCD for wira (or any PCD that can fit into proton wira)...???
so far i have done a few light modification on my car...
i have installed Greddy FATT, Apex'i Dual Funnel Air Cleaner, and sport steering, which all the item are bought from our ZTH member...
i also have bought the 06' ZTH sticker...
thank you in advance for any sifu who have helped me on this topic...
millions of thanks for your opinion...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
brader, the question u asked has been discussed and answered quite many times in this forum. I guess that is why no one is willing to help out. Best way for this is do a SEARCH in this forum. I'm sure you will be overwhelmed with the answers to your question. Good searching.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
go for 16" rims lo... nice looking as well... 1.5L should have enough juice to move around in it....

PCD: pitch circle diameter... wira PCD is 100.... so, only rims with PCD100 can fit ur car....

btw, Greddy FATT??.... apa tu??...

X-Koma

Dec 18, 2004
15" would be the better choice in my opinion. 15" is lighter, cheaper ( in term of both rim and tyres), somemore 15" on proton, civic like car are very well balance, especially those witt standard power.

go for some 15" and stick some 195/50 on it, this should improve the road holding and handling.

Skywalker : Greddy Fatt is a Turbo timer ( FATT = Full Automatic Turbo Timer )

Pie_Wira_AB

Known Member
Oct 28, 2005
yeah...go for 15", more lighter,cheap and the tyre is also more cheaper than 16"....but choose branded one....like OZ,Sparco,Enkei,Volk etc...

X-Koma

Dec 18, 2004
SkYwAlKeR said:
hehehe.... i dunno got FATT mah.... i noob, never use before... hehe...
hahaha, no worries la, everyone is learning here. :>

zeromitos

Jan 3, 2006
thanks for the replies...
well now i know what PCD stands for, & also know what is the PCD for wira...
well i've decided to go for 15" rims...
thank you all for the replies...

emechelmi

Jul 5, 2006
btw, dun forget to a buy a set of rim lock nuts. Rim thieves are rampant nowadays.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey im bit complicated....now im using 1.5i saga standard engine..then i want to change the engine to use 1.5 dohc mitsubishi is it right the we need to change the dash board because some of my fren said carburetor engine n injection cant use the same speedo meter.....is it we can still use the saga dashboard.....after all i cahnge the injection engine....want thing is it using injection better consumtion than carburetor?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience