change from 1zz-fe to 2zz-ge engine

jasonw800i

Jan 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all,

i own a tyt wish 08 model and wish to convert to 2zz-ge engine becasue of power
i have a question is i wish get 2zz-ge engine with 6 speed manual type and pnp to my wish triptonic gearbox, so is it possible to run 6 speed with triptonic gearbox ?
waht other i need too for this 2zz, what othewr price for engine and labour fee?

2nd option is if above 2zz type if eveyone think is too old and sparepart hard to get it then i have another mind is can i get 2zr-fae(wish 09) type with 7 speed cvt mode to pnp for my wish 08
any price and cost for it?

pls share your all mind think thks

sorry another thing is can i trade-in my 1zz engine too?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
trade in with who?? Another owner or halfcut shop? Workshop?

I suppose trade-in is always an option, provided the price is right...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If you want power, rather than swap 1zz to 2zz.. just bolt on a turbo la... swap engine damn troublesome, have to endorse, and turbo sure make more power than stock 2zz

jasonw800i

Jan 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I dunno who can trade or how
if let say add on a bolt then the power will auto push without makan minyak.
if after add on then it is auto open power like VTEC when reach 3k rpm then open VTEC jor?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Anything that adds power sure to makan minyak loh.
Once power is increased make sure the brakes and suspension are upgraded too.
As for trade in, can ask the chop shop owner if you are doing engine swap. Mine was sold to my mechanic's customer who drive a same car.

jasonw800i

Jan 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi vr2turbo, if let say change to 2zz engine and i still keep brake and suspension as ori. so the car still can handle the power mah?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi vr2turbo, if let say change to 2zz engine and i still keep brake and suspension as ori. so the car still can handle the power mah?
Depends on your power increase. You can do the transplant first then test and see if the suspension is capable to hold it power and whether the brakes can stop the car fast enough....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Even with 1zz, i don't feel the brakes is enough for me. I would change to twin pot or better brake system. Suspension, if u have been driving this car long enough, if u have the cash, I bet u would want to change to adjustables or Sports suspension at least. The body roll is really bad...dont u think so?

If u r not the type of person that speeds, then 2zz is not necessary.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even with 1zz, i don't feel the brakes is enough for me. I would change to twin pot or better brake system. Suspension, if u have been driving this car long enough, if u have the cash, I bet u would want to change to adjustables or Sports suspension at least. The body roll is really bad...dont u think so?

If u r not the type of person that speeds, then 2zz is not necessary.
My VR power band increase a lot. I did test after transplant with stock setup, no way it can be driven. Suspension and brakes have to go it, but if engine is half cut can transplant the brakes too if plug and play. My brakes upgrade are the transplant ones....plug and play from VR4 half cut

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
i have a little bit of doubt in your plan but please correct me if i'm wrong...

first is the characteristic of the chosen engine...to put it in comparison its similar to compare 4afe with 4age...1 is docile while the latter is high revving...the same can be said with 1zz and 2zz engine...so even if you successfully transplant it and manage to get it to work...power band will shift higher in the upper range of the RPM...given you transplanting it into an mpv probably it will also decrease drive-ability and comfort...

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My VR power band increase a lot. I did test after transplant with stock setup, no way it can be driven. Suspension and brakes have to go it, but if engine is half cut can transplant the brakes too if plug and play. My brakes upgrade are the transplant ones....plug and play from VR4 half cut
Celica brakes, I'm not sure plug and play or not but can find any half cut twin pots that can fit the car, then can be done. My friend fit a half cut twin pot in his alza previously. Can't remember from what car, but it fits.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
herm....if like that if only transplant the 2zz engine and celica twin pot brake cost how much ah?
Manual or Auto? Manual IINM RM8K+ half cut. RM6K+ will be auto. You will have to go half cut shop to ask around. Is not easy to find. Sometimes they do post online, but it will be sold within days.

Is like once see it, have to decide or proceed to see the engine. If okay then take. Think few more days, then forget about getting it. Will be sold.

Brakes also just go half cut shop. Mun Lee got many parts but price a bit high though.
If u serious about it, will ask my friend to try to get it for u. No promises.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Manual or Auto? Manual IINM RM8K+ half cut. RM6K+ will be auto. You will have to go half cut shop to ask around. Is not easy to find. Sometimes they do post online, but it will be sold within days.

Is like once see it, have to decide or proceed to see the engine. If okay then take. Think few more days, then forget about getting it. Will be sold.

Brakes also just go half cut shop. Mun Lee got many parts but price a bit high though.
If u serious about it, will ask my friend to try to get it for u. No promises.
If getting half cut, the brakes comes together mah!....NO??? or different model?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
power without grip would be useless.

With upped power need better brakes to stop.
If good brakes with lousy tyres, then it is useless.

imagine huge hp, coupled with good bite on the brakes....but poor tyre grip on the road.

So, eventually, one need to upgrade to better tyres if they had upped the HP of the car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm driving a pajero io. my right rear brake light is dead. can anyone recommend a shop for me to get it fixed?

i read from some postings saying that a shop in taman sea is not bad. they only sell the bulbs or they do provide labor as well? i only need to buy a bulb and not change the whole light rite?

another problem i have is with my fog lamps. they are supposed to be on together with my hi-beam. but both of them don't on now, so i don't know its the bulbs or the wiring or the fuse. is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience