Need help for Supra upgrade!!

yes supraman, I think you've got my points now.

So ok, to people who still don't quite get it, the biggest limitation when modding a 2JZ lies in the twin turbos setup, particularly, it's small single wastegate.

Easy upgrades such as boost controller, aftermarket exhaust and open pod intake will make the engine response to increase dramatically, but to an extent when the wastegate runs out of its efficiency then the next level of modifications will involves a lot of money.

The nevel level will involves a replacement turbos with a proper wastegates. I've seen many perfect examples of 2JZ works here, the best hidden power of Supra lies at the exhaust side.

For your information, the exhaust gas flow for the 2JZ is so highly inefficient for stock configurations where often, even when you replaced the turbo with a single operation unit with an external wastegates, some owners still face the problems with the wastegate feed collector not efficient enough for that sort of levels.

More than often, you will need a proper fabricated and tuned length and width for your manifold, more important than anything else I would say, then only then the true potential of the 2JZ will be significant.

A simple external wastegate job, plus a good exhaust system with an increased boost, will show an healthy easy increase of 30kW or more, and this has been proven.

The stock bottom block of the engine everything from piston to conrods to cranks are bulletproof enough to sustain power figures of up to 500bhp, only when you are seriously chasing higher power figure, then should you consider a bottom end rebuild.

edgar it is not easy to modify an external wastegate to the stock turbo system because of the sequential setup. the stock system has internal wastegate and actuators, complicated shit, i wouldnt want to go there to gain 30kw. I have seen people did it tho it was messy and it has ruined the car's response

for 30kW i simply removed my first cat, put in a boost ctrller and a fcd and dial boost to 1.2 bar i get more than 30kw, its near 40kW gain. A new bigger exaust system will help gain torque too and better spool up response.

For your info this is what i did and i have dyno sheets to prove it.

Cheers!

TOPEnd:

Then i guess you are the rich boy then! good luck with your mod tho.

BTW those comments are good comments about lousyblade nothing negative at all. I dont mind being rich and being able to afford a new ecu right away. perhaps a big single turbo. Is your car an auto or 6 speed? Dont tell me you are spraying at Daiichi.......

nope not there....told u i'm a decent kid.get it done at kayu ara.
cheers respect bro.

i like supra..but i'm not a racer!every driver wants the best 4 the car! so my point is gettiing wat is best 4 the car but not increasing the power maybe just moderately. cam gears or cam pulleys...but i like the way u guys reacted cause i get alot of options and opinions from u guys really appreciate it.

Topend check out www.mkiv.com by just taking out the first cat, a boost ctrller and a FCD will get you where you want. No need fancy stuff here with supra. Cam gears are for later stage... we are talking about a turbo car not NA unless you have a NA 2JZ-GE then different story lah

Top Bottom