Lightweight Rims 4x108

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Bring weight scale la when shopping for rims! 2kg lighter is quite decent already.
For 18' rims, 7-8kg per rims is very good, will need to get forged ones like Rays or at least special casting type like Enkei RPF1 or some SSR. So far I think original Japan Enkei RPF1 is the best cast type light weight rims (18' maybe around 8+kg) but still be prepared to spend >rm4k though. :D

For your reference, my 17x8.5 forged Prodrive rims is already about 7-7.5kg, so if you go 18', getting the same weight will be more difficult and need to spend a lot of $$$ (Rays TE37, CE28, RE30 etc2.). That is if you can find for your PCD some more! :D
I hate your last sentence........:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Hahahahhahaha. But yeah so maybe i aim for around 8-9kg. But damn damn damn hard to find 4x108 :banghead::banghead:

My 17" is 6.9kg :biggrin:
Chehhhhhhhhh.......Apa brand sifu?? Got 4x108?? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I hate your last sentence........:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Hahahahhahaha. But yeah so maybe i aim for around 8-9kg. But damn damn damn hard to find 4x108 :banghead::banghead:

Chehhhhhhhhh.......Apa brand sifu?? Got 4x108?? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Change car lah! :P Or permanently modify your hub to 4x114.3/5x114.3/4x100. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Good, Advanti is it? How wide though?
I just did some research and what I found (or didn't find) is worrying. Konig doesn't seem to make the RRF rims I'm using in 17". The "Dial-in" model only seems to have 15" and not 17" which is what I'm using.

So if I'm using ori Konig Dial-in RRF 17", it's supposed to be pretty strong because of the RRF forming of the rims. But I've recently seen that it's not all that strong so I'm beginning to worry my rims are fakes. Gonna email Konig and see.

As for width, I have no idea! Even the website doesn't say much. Sigh. My precious rims. *Sobsob*

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I just did some research and what I found (or didn't find) is worrying. Konig doesn't seem to make the RRF rims I'm using in 17". The "Dial-in" model only seems to have 15" and not 17" which is what I'm using.

So if I'm using ori Konig Dial-in RRF 17", it's supposed to be pretty strong because of the RRF forming of the rims. But I've recently seen that it's not all that strong so I'm beginning to worry my rims are fakes. Gonna email Konig and see.

As for width, I have no idea! Even the website doesn't say much. Sigh. My precious rims. *Sobsob*
Konig is made in USA right?
If the price you get is around RM1500 - RM1700 then I think is fake. Cuz I ask PTS tyre when I bought my Tyres there. Saw your rims the same one you are having. Ask price is around there and he said is Taiwan rims when I ask is it ori.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Like Izso said, too much work for rims.....:biggrin::biggrin:

Well, will keep searching. Worst case, use adaptor lor
I read around also. To change pcd, really best to mod the hub instead.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

I downloaded the 2015 catalog and it shows the "Dial In" model in 15inch. But have 3 types of width :eek::eek:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Konig is made in USA right?
If the price you get is around RM1500 - RM1700 then I think is fake. Cuz I ask PTS tyre when I bought my Tyres there. Saw your rims the same one you are having. Ask price is around there and he said is Taiwan rims when I ask is it ori.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I read around also. To change pcd, really best to mod the hub instead.

Really??? If use adaptor also not as good as mod the hub??

Konig is a Taiwan brand la. Not USA. If USA where got so cheap?
Really?? I thought it is US brand. I see the website Konig Wheels, all say is USA.....:hmmmm::hmmmm:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Konig is US brand, but i think made in their Taiwan factory.

Read another article some say Made in Japan....:hmmmm:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Konig is US brand, but i think made in their Taiwan factory.

Read another article some say Made in Japan....:hmmmm:
Ya that's why when I google up, seems like vr2 said is USA brand but maybe made in taiwan, unless is all made in USA then yours could be just a replica taiwan rims then.

Really??? If use adaptor also not as good as mod the hub??

Really?? I thought it is US brand. I see the website Konig Wheels, all say is USA.....:hmmmm::hmmmm:
That's what I read only bro, havent done before so I can't really say which is as good. Unless you can do like some, they write in to Hypertune Magazine the Q&A page. Then they answer your question.