Light weight crank pulley good or bad

how about those custom made LCP? where they take ure original disc n clone it or something. not really clear on it..:sleep:

ah well, forums.evolution.net forumers said it's a bad idea as it doesn't absorb vibrations and bla bla bla unless it's those ati harmonic dampers.....the gain there isn't that much. i think i'll just pass ...
hee...ati's are way beyond my budget :D

ah well, forums.evolution.net forumers said it's a bad idea as it doesn't absorb vibrations and bla bla bla unless it's those ati harmonic dampers.....the gain there isn't that much. i think i'll just pass ...
hee...ati's are way beyond my budget :D

ati is not that expensive, just tat if u r willing spent tat money on that thing or not only

ati is not that expensive, just tat if u r willing spent tat money on that thing or not only

haha...of course.but.i'm just driving a perdana.ati plus heavy mods would do good.my little pony if put it in...better upgrade something else or plonk in evo engine first. heha....

im using lcp also but those normal ones without dampers...bought from rev performance rm250 if not mistaken...C&C t6061 material...forgot wat brand edi aiya...

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

so far so good...pick up better, faster rpm gain....but not so good on hway cruising...

If engine is balanced along with the LCP without damper then there's no problem
Else it is recommended to get one with a damper if you don't plan to change car and use it for very long term

Okay, asking is arospeed lcp with hardened anodized belting surface? Cos aluminium on high torque applications will not last...

im using lcp also but those normal ones without dampers...bought from rev performance rm250 if not mistaken...C&C t6061 material...forgot wat brand edi aiya...

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

so far so good...pick up better, faster rpm gain....but not so good on hway cruising...

Bro, why is it LCP not so good for highway cruising? Hope you can elaborate more on this. Now I'm not sure whether to install LCP or not.. :confused:

Bro, why is it LCP not so good for highway cruising? Hope you can elaborate more on this. Now I'm not sure whether to install LCP or not.. :confused:

maybe it decelerate quite fast due to loss of momentum.

i using a Jasma lightened crank pulley on my Perodua Myvi 1.3 (K3-VE) engine, after i installed i feel not even slightly different compared with the stock pulley. how come? is it because of i'm using jasma's pulley? somehow others said jasma's stuff are cheap

how bout for caldina N/A Auto 2.0 ? Zerone LCP is ok ? mind share me before i buy it all sifu2 here ?

may i know, why when i use lighten crank pulley, i can hear like the sound 'tok..tok..tok' seems like belting...or another pulley sound... why its happen ? should i use back the original or how to solve ? thanx

Lightened crank pulley reduces the inertia and load placed on the engine, therefore reducing parasitic loss on the engine power. It doesn't increase power, but you will feel that the engine is much more easier to rev and accelerate.
If you are planning to get LCPs, just make sure that they are the exact same size and dimensions as the original pulley. Undersizing or oversizing will cause damage as it has different circumferences and cause the auxiliary components such as air cond compressor, power steering pumps etc to rotate in RPMs outside of their designed specs.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

may i know, why when i use lighten crank pulley, i can hear like the sound 'tok..tok..tok' seems like belting...or another pulley sound... why its happen ? should i use back the original or how to solve ? thanx

Chances are either the crank pulley was not fixed properly or the belt tensioner or the other pulleys are worn and needs to be changed. I doubt its due to improper belt tension as belts usually squeek rather than create knocking sounds.

u guyz should do balancing crankshaft, flywheel, clutch cover & LCP..

only after that u can feel the power :wink:

if not balance, loss power at high rpm..

----------------------

if u use LCP .. u'll accelerate faster and decelerate faster..

lesser weight tends to spin faster and stop faster

Top Bottom