Light weight crank pulley good or bad

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Balancing the crankshaft is kinda risky i think. Something goes wrong and the crankshaft can't be used? Not any workshop can do it lol. Please correct me if i'm wrong..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Balancing the crankshaft is kinda risky i think. Something goes wrong and the crankshaft can't be used? Not any workshop can do it lol. Please correct me if i'm wrong..
of course itll be risky if u send it to any hoo haa under the coconut tree feller with a grinder la...

but balancing crankshaft/ engine balancing has been done for so many years already... and so many cars have been doing this... ur mechanic should know of the proper machine shop to send it to.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
last time i bring my crankshaft, etc to a machine shop myself..

cost a lil less if bring it urself :wink:

if ask the mechanic, they'll charge around rm600

i did it at rm400

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lighten Crank Pulley, seems read the 1st few pages there are bad and good feedbacks. Overall seems good. But will this
increased its FC? Since, it can rev up faster to higher RPM but drop faster too? :O

Seems like happening to my kelisa, but I believe it is stock...

Example..traveling at 80km/h at around 2K+rpm...when i let go the gas, straight drop to 1Krpm+ at the same speed...drop real fast once i let go the pedal, not sure if it is normal as it doesn't happen to other cars of mine :confused:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
are ur other cars kelisa too? if not then no point comparing.

and yes its normal... my ex-kelisa behaves the same with the stock crank pulley

intrigue

Known Member
Jan 2, 2004
revving seems lighter a little bit or placebo effect.

But top speed remained the same. I used to have mythelogy LCP but it keep causing my steering belt to jump out even replacing the belt is the same. It happened especially sudden redline (downshift from 3 to 2) then the steering was so heavy :adore:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
revving seems lighter a little bit or placebo effect.

But top speed remained the same. I used to have mythelogy LCP but it keep causing my steering belt to jump out even replacing the belt is the same. It happened especially sudden redline (downshift from 3 to 2) then the steering was so heavy :adore:

Ur LCP is d same size or smaller than d stock 1?

D Pami

Aug 1, 2012
TERENGGANU
Thanks for the usefull reply, any member use that on mivec or V6 engine? what is the result:smokin:
i m user for 4g93 for me it is not rubbish at all...i have install it to my car..and the result only at the acceleration..at the top speed i think it same..btw that lighten pulley is not very expensive..so u can try it and feel like i feel...the statisfication..:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
are ur other cars kelisa too? if not then no point comparing.

and yes its normal... my ex-kelisa behaves the same with the stock crank pulley
Others cars not kelisa :rofl:

Was comparing with my BLM...cuz I'm not too sure whether kelisa FC is better
or Saga, both seems to be roughly the same...was wondering if it is because
kelisa runs at a higher rpm at the same speed that might be consuming more fuel?

Might be a stupid question but just wondering :biggrin: Will have to do mileage
per tank comparison at same way of driving to find out.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Installed on my swift, so far acceleration seems faster... but feels like the torque feeling loss a bit.. dunno is it my feeling or what.. maybe dyno will help to prove as my swift still stock only with lcp.. but one thing for sure is that the aircond belt keep slipping when engine is cold.. make me feels like driving an super lousy old car.. :(

alantan350

Known Member
Apr 5, 2007
change light weight crank pulley you will feel the car more pick-up, but top speed will drop little bit, this is my experience, but now i use back original crank pulley for safely. the story is here, firstly my friend use custom make light weight crank pulley in his eg8 single cam, after use for around one year the crank pulley crack, lucky in kl area, still can drive to workshop, and then he change a branded light weight crank pulley, but after some time, some thing happen, now he use back original crank pulley.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
change light weight crank pulley you will feel the car more pick-up, but top speed will drop little bit, this is my experience, but now i use back original crank pulley for safely. the story is here, firstly my friend use custom make light weight crank pulley in his eg8 single cam, after use for around one year the crank pulley crack, lucky in kl area, still can drive to workshop, and then he change a branded light weight crank pulley, but after some time, some thing happen, now he use back original crank pulley.
custom make LCP?

he did it himself at foundry shop ?

i'm using LCP & going to get myself another 3 light weight pulley for my car..

i need to know :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This is why I have doubts of getting LCP :confused: :banghead:

Elvin0831

Aug 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everybody, good day to you all.
I would like to ask did any one here have
Lighted the crank pulley for Toyota Harrier 2.4G 2005?
Need some advise from u all expert.
I would like to know the effect and cost or after lighted, still
Need to install anything?
Your feed back is highly appreciate.
Thank you

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everybody, good day to you all.
I would like to ask did any one here have
Lighted the crank pulley for Toyota Harrier 2.4G 2005?
Need some advise from u all expert.
I would like to know the effect and cost or after lighted, still
Need to install anything?
Your feed back is highly appreciate.
Thank you
Just read back the previous 13 pages mate. The answer is there. You can't expect people to spoon-feed you, gotta search for yourself.

Cheers

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i just bought a set of lighten pulley for my car..

i'll put it in after raya..

a word of advice.. if u put lighten pulley in ur car, please keep the original pulley..

in case u need it :wink:

Elvin0831

Aug 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Just read back the previous 13 pages mate. The answer is there. You can't expect people to spoon-feed you, gotta search for yourself.

Cheers
Thanks sifu, I got lot of info bout LCP but I didn't found any info or comment from harrier user about the
Experience after changing the LCP. Pls advise Tq so much and cheers...

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks sifu, I got lot of info bout LCP but I didn't found any info or comment from harrier user about the
Experience after changing the LCP. Pls advise Tq so much and cheers...
No worries. To me, it doesn't matter Harrier or any other car, the effect will still be the same. But just curious, I don't rmb seeing LCP for the Harrier, where did you see it?

Elvin0831

Aug 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No worries. To me, it doesn't matter Harrier or any other car, the effect will still be the same. But just curious, I don't rmb seeing LCP for the Harrier, where did you see it?
Today onli realize that harrier didnt have LCP. So only few thing can do is install E-manage plus dyno and inazma voltage stablilizer.

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi all,

Anyone can help me with this?
I saw some of the pics of Mivec bumper with Evo Intercooler, some looks fierce but some looks weird...
Anyone got pics to share here?
Thanks!

I saw one red satria from PMC NightKids members, Mivec bumper with Evo intercooler, the cutting and mounting looks perfect to me...
Some looks weird, maybe because of the Intercooler pipings...
Anyway to make it nice?
Thanks!

;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience