[DIY] Oil catch tank

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
that's the proper way to install OCT actually, as per kenchoo's diagram.

my query is that sometimes people just install from PCV valve to OCT only, then no more connection to intake manifold, i.e OCT outlet release to atmosphere. what happens then? PCV function or not because no more vacuum, right?
Well. I vent to atmosphere and have yet to experience any issues with this supposed "loss of vacuum". My understanding of the PCV is as explained in my post, it's a vent to release pressure from the head.

wafuk

May 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well. I vent to atmosphere and have yet to experience any issues with this supposed "loss of vacuum". My understanding of the PCV is as explained in my post, it's a vent to release pressure from the head.
Thanx for the info bro..just wondering is all.. So it means even if outlet is vent to atmosphere, pcv valve still works? Might give it a try to see...

Does the pcv valve still works during idling?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanx for the info bro..just wondering is all.. So it means even if outlet is vent to atmosphere, pcv valve still works? Might give it a try to see...

Does the pcv valve still works during idling?
I don't think so. Where got any pressure to vent if it's just idling?

kenchoo

Normally PCV manifold were have vacuum air pressure in low rpm(PCV valve working during idling), however went come to acceleration in high RPM then most air intake come from the air filter from car throttle, then there were no more air vacuum in PCV manifold.
I made mistake too when first time connect the my DIY OCT too. Please refer to the picture. There normally to tube on the engine cover one was the waste air breath, the other was the PCV manifold. However different car may have different structure, refer to car mechanic if you not sure.

Attachments

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Yes, PCV valve works on vacuum the installation should be so way like the diagram.Do not removed any original pipe on PCV just Cut the PCV line on half way then connect the Oil Catch Tank or PCV Fuel-filter it were catch the dirty oil recycle from the Throttle body to the intake manifold.
Bro

PCV located after TB right. The green stuff right. So i put the OCT between it right? Another hose b4 TB is breather hose right?

---------- Post added 03-01-2012 at 12:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 02-29-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

For those with high pressure on PCV Fuelfilter may not last , can get the air filter from machinery shop.
Is less than RM 50 to DIY and last for years. I got one in my car use for more than 4 years. Only need to maintenance every oil changes. And I use cheap palm cooking oil for my car to replace the semi-synthetic lubricant oil.
Bro

Waja consider which 1? High or low pressure/

Thanks.

nassershah

Oct 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,
Very good tread.., I've been reading thru' out everything about OCT Diy but unfortunately there is none showing on how exactly to install it on a kancil 660 the right way and to the right part/s.., as most of the photos doesn't show the other end of it.

We know kancil...there are lots of differences compared to other cars. I would really appreciate if any of the Sifus here could shed some light/s on showing me how to implement@fix@install this OCT thing on my wife's kancil. I really did searched around the net..but what i found are confusing...as some says here...and some says there.. It confused me.
Please help me to install it the right way... or at leased point me to the right link with indication/s of the parts as I'm still learning.

Do correct me if I'm wrong...
1 of the hose should go to what we call "Rocker" the cover where the engine oil cap resides where there's an "L" shape under the air filter base to 1 of the OCT outlet... I need to know where to fix the 2nd hose. Please help..My thanks to all of you in advance and my appreciation for the assistance.

Thank you.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi all,
Very good tread.., I've been reading thru' out everything about OCT Diy but unfortunately there is none showing on how exactly to install it on a kancil 660 the right way and to the right part/s.., as most of the photos doesn't show the other end of it.

We know kancil...there are lots of differences compared to other cars. I would really appreciate if any of the Sifus here could shed some light/s on showing me how to implement@fix@install this OCT thing on my wife's kancil. I really did searched around the net..but what i found are confusing...as some says here...and some says there.. It confused me.
Please help me to install it the right way... or at leased point me to the right link with indication/s of the parts as I'm still learning.

Do correct me if I'm wrong...
1 of the hose should go to what we call "Rocker" the cover where the engine oil cap resides where there's an "L" shape under the air filter base to 1 of the OCT outlet... I need to know where to fix the 2nd hose. Please help..My thanks to all of you in advance and my appreciation for the assistance.

Thank you.
Take some close up pics and I'll assist where I can

nassershah

Oct 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My greetings to all members of the forum...and to you Sir.., Regarding the oct I decided to sketch a diagram of my kancil 660’s connections as the engine is bloody dirty to be viewed at… Lol..! I bet you guys would laughs at it..lol..! But I believed you sifus are familiar with it as well. Kindly advice and help me.

Today I did some diys I picked up while surfin’ the net for the past 1 week.. I replaced the distributor “O” ring, the Petrol Filter, Fake alarm LED as mine doesn't have one.. and 2 points Grounding instead of 5 with 40Amp domestic cable which have been lying in my store for quite sometimes..Lol.. Hope to continue with the rest within this weekend… then would start doing the rewiring of kancil 850 Panel Meter (I got it free)..Without the connectors for the slots and worst still is the plastic circuit had badly damaged. I would install White LEDs instead of T10…should be awesome right.. I’m still searching for the schematic as I’m not familiar with automobile color code and circuit/s, like the “sender” for fuel and temperature gauge. I wanna install and replace it into my kancil which doesn’t have the Tacho meter. I would be very glad and highly appreciate if friends and members here would be kind enough to point /assists me to any link they’re aware off… I thanked everyone here in advance particularly to Izso for every efforts and assistance given.
Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ah.. you don't circulate the pcv outlet like that. Seal off point #1 and vent to atmosphere point #2 using one of those mini mushroom airfilters (you can get for RM20 bucks at brothers).

nassershah

Oct 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ah.. you don't circulate the pcv outlet like that. Seal off point #1 and vent to atmosphere point #2 using one of those mini mushroom airfilters (you can get for RM20 bucks at brothers).
Lol...lol..! Thank you very much Sir for your prompt reply... the funny thing was...That was what exactly I did previously except that... I didn't do the #1 and #2 as per your instruction...lol..!
I will try it tomorrow when I'm free... So, that's how it should look right (in the attachment).
I really..really..thanked you for your kindness and generosity in helping me.
God bless you, your family and your generations to come.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Lol...lol..! Thank you very much Sir for your prompt reply... the funny thing was...That was what exactly I did previously except that... I didn't do the #1 and #2 as per your instruction...lol..!
I will try it tomorrow when I'm free... So, that's how it should look right (in the attachment).
I really..really..thanked you for your kindness and generosity in helping me.
God bless you, your family and your generations to come.

Thank you very much.
Wah.. very polite, rare forummer you are! But no need for such formalities, if I didn't help you someone else would have. Just a matter of time.

As for the #1 in your new diagram, is the outlet coming from the engine block or the rocker cover? Because if i'm not mistaken there shouldn't be any outlets coming from the block itself.

nassershah

Oct 31, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Wah.. very polite, rare forummer you are! But no need for such formalities, if I didn't help you someone else would have. Just a matter of time.

As for the #1 in your new diagram, is the outlet coming from the engine block or the rocker cover? Because if i'm not mistaken there shouldn't be any outlets coming from the block itself.
I guess that's normal kot.. you appreciates and thanked the person that helps you and pray for God's blessing towards them... Anyway, the #1 came from #2..the engine block as per the diagram. Is there a problem..coz' I've done the modification d...lol.. and so far there's no probs..yet..lol..!

Thank you Sir.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I guess that's normal kot.. you appreciates and thanked the person that helps you and pray for God's blessing towards them... Anyway, the #1 came from #2..the engine block as per the diagram. Is there a problem..coz' I've done the modification d...lol.. and so far there's no probs..yet..lol..!

Thank you Sir.
If the diagram is right, it's most likely the breather outlet, which circulates back into the manifold. So yes, the breather there should be correct.

Monitor your idling, but i'm not sure how the idling is affected with this sort of setup on a carbie. For EFI it'll have idling issues if incorrectly setup.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
My car paintwork looks fine, but when i touch it, it feels a bit rough. I am probably being a bit anal, but is there some way to remove the roughness?? I think its caused by the fact that I park in under the hot sun for long periods (especially during work, company doesn't provide covered car park, plan to picket soon :p). I tried polishing it, but it doesn't really help. I was thinking of claying it and also getting a better car wash, the one i am using is the el-cheapo type. Will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience