DIY - Oil Catch Tank on CAMPRO

PaRaCeTaMoL

Jun 24, 2005
SuBaNg JaYa
Jin,

Went to the shop where they got sell the braided hose but unfortunately, they were unable to do it because of the unmatched size eg: PCV 10mm / inlet manifold 8mm & they can't clamp the hose. Reason why, they use a hydraulic press to clamp every end of the hose, so removing the head cover is way out of the question.

After a few callwas made, I was recommended to a friend friends garage. After explaining what i want, he says that i need to leave my car for a day because he needs to open up my head cover so he can modify the pcv hole to fit the fittings. Again, since i am such a noob in this braided, fittings thingy...i drop the idea of using it as i am not prepared to tamper with my stock engine. Hehehe. Maybe not now la.

After all the trouble..guess what? i end up using the Unigawa fuel hose back again :burnout:

Hahaha.
Can I know where is the workshop that can custom made the fitting hole to the valve cover..

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
chinozie ;

That was the same hose i used previously. The hose melted & it collapsed under vacuumed pressure. Btw, where did you get it?
Perhaps you're using a Turbo engine...
mine using N/A "stock uncle car" 1.6L engine...:driver:

bought it at hardware shop near setapak...hahahaha...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Can I know where is the workshop that can custom made the fitting hole to the valve cover..
I did mine at ngai seng... It's an engineering shop. He machine the adapter and got it welded onto the rocker cover

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
BCR, try the hose suggested by speed2horizon. The hose with spring coiled inside. I'm using it for my OCT also but mine is clear type. I bought it at hardware shop but it's less expendable so you will need quite some force to fit it and clamp it.

For my setup I just connect 1 hose from the cam cover to the OCT then the return hose I just drain it and not back to the intake. Inside the OCT I put in a lot of metal washing sponge..it's like those metal coil from engineering shop when they machined stuff. I use that to increased the area for the oil vapor to condense and to make sure the oil vapor is not escaping the OCT too fast. Previously before I put in those metal sponge, I can see oil vapor coming out from the outlet of the OCT. So I thought can put something into the OCT like a filter to trap the vapor.

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
PaRaCeTaMoL,

The shop is in JB...is it ok with you? :biggrin:

chinozie,

I am using Campro 1.6 with stock internal summore...hehehe...
Maybe i set it up wrongly kot?

speed2horizon,

Owh ok. No wonder I cant fit the teflon to my oct connector when i was at the hose shop. Didn't know it has 2 types. About the clear PU hose, will it last as long as the fuel hose?

TitanRev,

Which hole you connect it to? mine, i connect it on the driver side. PCV - OCT - Manifold. Nothing is done on the breather hole.

speed2horizon / Jin,

Is there anyway i can use the braided hose & AN fitting without weld/modify the rocker cover outlet?

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

chinozie,

I just realize the one that i use was not the same type. Yours have the cloth thingy inside it while mine doesn't have any. Thats why the hose fail to hold the pressure.

Btw,

Here's the hose I am using currently.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
BCR, the intake hole I just use a rubber cap to cover it.

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
BCR, the intake hole I just use a rubber cap to cover it.
Bro TitanRev,

Hope you don't mind me asking these question.

1. Why seal it off with a rubber cap instead putting a small breather filter?
2. From my understanding, your setup is like this : PVD - OCT - Drain out . Did you seal off the manifold inlet as well? & why drain it instead of connecting it back to the manifold?

Thanks.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
BCR, the intake hole is the small small opening that people put the breather filter one.

1. Why I seal off? personal method...you can opt for a breather filter.
2. I drain it because I don't want anything recirculating back into the intake hole and to the throttle body because I believe even with OCT there is still s small amount of oil vapor that will get passed the OCT and back into the intake hole building up a layer of oil film...sooner or later..your TB will get stickier and a lot of dust will stick at the butterfly valve and intake plenum....giving you a sticky TB affecting performance also...

BCR, I use a rubber stopper to block the intake hole for the breather filter. Refer pic

This is the hose I used...recommended

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Bro TitanRev,

Hope you don't mind me asking these question.

1. Why seal it off with a rubber cap instead putting a small breather filter?
2. From my understanding, your setup is like this : PVD - OCT - Drain out . Did you seal off the manifold inlet as well? & why drain it instead of connecting it back to the manifold?

Thanks.
If I'm not mistaken, bro TitanRev have the OCT at the breather hose to the intake ram... Not the intake manifold. But he chose not to connect back the outlet from the OCT back to the intake ram. By doing this, it reduces the restriction of the breather. However, the left open nipple/hosetip at the intake ram where the breather is supposed to be relocated has to be closed. Especially for engine with Karman/Vortex sensor where the nipple is located after the sensor. If not close, will cause inefficiency in the Air flow calculation. For MAP, it's also good to close it down to prevent dust entry.

If close down the manifold, there'll be air stavatio during closed throttle. At 0% throttle position, only the idle valve is providing air and it's not sufficient to keep the engine running. Will notice rough engine idle.
BCR, the intake hole is the small small opening that people put the breather filter one.

1. Why I seal off? personal method...you can opt for a breather filter.
2. I drain it because I don't want anything recirculating back into the intake hole and to the throttle body because I believe even with OCT there is still s small amount of oil vapor that will get passed the OCT and back into the intake hole building up a layer of oil film...sooner or later..your TB will get stickier and a lot of dust will stick at the butterfly valve and intake plenum....giving you a sticky TB affecting performance also...

BCR, I use a rubber stopper to block the intake hole for the breather filter. Refer pic

This is the hose I used...recommended
Am I right..?

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i'm bit confuse, which one is correct installation..breather - OCT - intake ram or PCV - OCT - intake manifold?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks S2H for the explanation...me very lousy at explaining...

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
i'm bit confuse, which one is correct installation..breather - OCT - intake ram or PCV - OCT - intake manifold?
That's what I am trying to find out too :hmmmm:

:biggrin:

Bro TitanRev,

Thanks for sharing the pic. :adore:
May I know what's the size of your hose?

speed2horizon,

I once accidentally forgot to connect the hose from the PCV to inlet manifold & the engine idling went higher than normal. From that experience, it makes me think that its the best location to install my OCT setup. Hence my setup : PCV - OCT - Manifold :biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
That's what I am trying to find out too :hmmmm:

:biggrin:

Bro TitanRev,

Thanks for sharing the pic. :adore:
May I know what's the size of your hose?

speed2horizon,

I once accidentally forgot to connect the hose from the PCV to inlet manifold & the engine idling went higher than normal. From that experience, it makes me think that its the best location to install my OCT setup. Hence my setup : PCV - OCT - Manifold :biggrin:
On te hose size question, the bigger the better. It makes ur engine feel lighter. AN10 would be nice. 3/8 hose also ok.

That's the reason why I'd suggest to put it on the breather->intake ram(between TB-air filter). Reason is, it doesn't disturb the Manifold Absolute Pressure. And, u can't enlarge the pipe size since there is a non return valve and the size is fixed.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This just in - PROTON Holdings Berhad (PROTON) today wishes to confirm the resignation of Dato’ Sri Haji Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir as the Group Managing Director of PROTON Holdings Berhad (PROTON), effective 4th July 2012.

PROTON goes on further to thank Dato’ Sri Haji Syed Zainal for his...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience