DIY - Oil Catch Tank on CAMPRO

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
On te hose size question, the bigger the better. It makes ur engine feel lighter. AN10 would be nice. 3/8 hose also ok.

That's the reason why I'd suggest to put it on the breather->intake ram(between TB-air filter). Reason is, it doesn't disturb the Manifold Absolute Pressure. And, u can't enlarge the pipe size since there is a non return valve and the size is fixed.
i put OCT at breather - intake ram but theres not even a drop of oil in the OCT...only oil stain..thats y i tought my set up was wrong...but i surf through the net, i found that some put 2 OCT... 1 for breather-intake ram and another one PCV - intake manifold

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
i put OCT at breather - intake ram but theres not even a drop of oil in the OCT...only oil stain..thats y i tought my set up was wrong...but i surf through the net, i found that some put 2 OCT... 1 for breather-intake ram and another one PCV - intake manifold
Same experience here. That's is also one of the reason i relocate it to the pcv - manifold instead.

Oh, forgot to mention about this earlier. When i went to my friends garage the other day, asking about the braided hose thingy, he mention that if he were to do the hose, he will close of the manifold inlet, use a T connector to connect PCV & breather hole while another hose back to the intake ram pipe.

He claim that by doing this, I will recycle the air inside the instead of clogging the manifold.

Is this true?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Same experience here. That's is also one of the reason i relocate it to the pcv - manifold instead.

Oh, forgot to mention about this earlier. When i went to my friends garage the other day, asking about the braided hose thingy, he mention that if he were to do the hose, he will close of the manifold inlet, use a T connector to connect PCV & breather hole while another hose back to the intake ram pipe.

He claim that by doing this, I will recycle the air inside the instead of clogging the manifold.

Is this true?
I guess the engine will have rough idle. Haven't try it before... But, engine will need a certain air amount of air for idling during the close throttle. So, the air from the PCV will be used for idling. That's why there'll be a non return valve on the PCV.

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
I guess the engine will have rough idle. Haven't try it before... But, engine will need a certain air amount of air for idling during the close throttle. So, the air from the PCV will be used for idling. That's why there'll be a non return valve on the PCV.
I think so too. I kinda hate the idea of "recycling" the air inside the rocker cover.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Last edited:

apistate

Sep 16, 2011
Penang
can any1 show me the pic of OCT on campro engine..i'm interested to have 1 but i dunno where should i connect it..mb with some pic from some1 aledi put it will help me to install my OCT..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro, my Radiostar is making some funny stuffs. Got my car from paintshop yesterday, and today the alarm ( on the remote ) is going off too often even though the sensitivity is set to medium. It's too often, like once every few minutes, when there were no vehicle or nobody coming close to the car. And the siren doesn't sound. Will ask my mechanic about the siren ( whether cable cabut etc ) but the other prob, how? I think I did put the alarm on valet mode bfr sending the car to the paintshop...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience