D'carbonizing engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
To sifu2 out there....

I need an advise reg the d'carbonizing engine. Is it will affect the engine? or damage it?

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
below rm50 can get the decarbonizer...

yup.. my fren used it on his L2. he experienced black smoke coming out of his exhaust tail, so the foreman suggested him to do some decarbonizing...hehehe.

result = clean intake, clean valve area and pistons ( 1 week after that my fren change head laa... head cracked, but not resulted from decarbonizing laa, from high boosting)

i oso planned to do some decarbonizing.. ya la, old engine, who knows how dirty the internal part is.. but i question came to my mind, 1 way to do decaronizing is to spray the decarbornizer liquid into the intake area, that means you have to dismantle the intake piping in order to spray it rite? but!! i heard that B8 engine will not run if there is an air flow leak.... can somebody rectify this?

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
yes...one of the members in the forum got this thing. Its made from Germany and the cost is only RM41. He said it will lighten ur engine and after use it, water will appear from our exhaust. I think i wanna try this but afraid it will affect the engine coz of wear and tear... some people said its good but some people said its depends on the age of ur engine and it will damage the engine if too old. I'm not to sure about this....based from my technical experienced, this type of liquid must be have an active agent to remove the carbon in the engine...a strong agent.So the theory says that if it can remove the carbon in the engine,means that it is very strong rite? so this agent could coz a wear and tear in the engine. Hmm...i dont know la.....but i think if it is good, i need to try this. How about u guys?? am i true with the technical theory? correct me if i'm wrong....

manong

Known Member
Feb 27, 2006
workshop bro..........location.......

lynx_romero

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Cheras,KL
he got no shop...just call him and he will ask us to meet somewhere in Damansara....u can check the thread in the 'engine and performance'.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
not really though...
it's suppose to unclock the carbon in your exhaust too...
the liquid got sucked in through your vaccumn hose to the throttle body and intake.
It's suppose to clean ur intakes and exhaust....
I do feel the effect. But than after 2nd service; it felt the same d.
Maybe my engine too old and carbon do clogs up easily.
Btw, I did mine for RM70 ler...which is sometime 1st or 2nd quarter this year...
The guy selling it suggested I do anuther time during 2nd servicing which I didn't...kekeke
Maybe that's why....
*sigh*

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Telok Panglima Garang, Selangor
boon,
so u've done for your lantis laa...serious aaa?it wont clog the exhaust?....i've been thinking about decarb since i got the info from VF10 but still thinking whether to do or not....can really feel the difference is it? power wise smoother? how about FC? a little reduced?
anyway, maybe this is the chance to change my wife's car muffler....hhehehe....currently cap ayam one laa...previously someone sell kakimoto for n/a....she said no need laa since the cap ayam muffler is still good....:(

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
but seriously... ur engine will be cleaned.. free from carbon.. i've seen it. the foreman used ZIP DECARBONIZER...

engineer1

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Qatar
b00n said:
not really though...
it's suppose to unclock the carbon in your exhaust too...
the liquid got sucked in through your vaccumn hose to the throttle body and intake.
It's suppose to clean ur intakes and exhaust....
I do feel the effect. But than after 2nd service; it felt the same d.
Maybe my engine too old and carbon do clogs up easily.
Btw, I did mine for RM70 ler...which is sometime 1st or 2nd quarter this year...
The guy selling it suggested I do anuther time during 2nd servicing which I didn't...kekeke
Maybe that's why....
*sigh*

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/slackers79/Decarbonise.jpg
boon.. i tot you planing to PnP. already done or not?

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
FC i dun think much more difference because I think my ECU is liitle bit screwed, not doing anything yet as I'm still considering either tranplanting a new heart or port and polish somemore bore little bit.
But power and engine is smoother & lighter. Tappet sound all gone until the next service.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
not yet; still considering options.
Currently there's a halfcut KF comes with MS bodykit and abs (for Lantis)....
RM3.5k
who's interested?

still thinking......
*sigh*
money is the main problem...
haha

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
ohhoohooo...boon going for KFZE type R!.....go go go....when you wanna convert, pls PM me ok...i'm interested in something else! with your price ofcourse.

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
VF10 said:
rm41 .. not bad laa. who wants to try first??? then giv some feedback
halloooo....vf10, u try 1st laa...then the 1st person u must tell is me! i want to do for my wife's lynx....my car? nope...gonna rebuild it next year...got a place to rebuild already....ahhaaksss

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
rm41... within my budget. but confirm arr engine wont die if i took out the vacuum hose.. ??

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
but how to dismantle my muffler? that thing don;t have bolts & nuts to dismantle lor... aiyaa...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

my wira is using carburetor,

i am suffering with start engine,

ok here is the symptom, when i turn my key to ON, starter crank the engine, then i feel the engine already start, i release my key, the engine die. i need to press fuel pedal and start again. somtimes i need to do it few times to get my engine start.

perhaps is not my autochoke problem, cause in the morning, yes is still the same i need to start for a few times, then engine only start, and my idle rpm is high during...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience