clutch questions

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008
guys,

tried searching but couldnt find the exact answer i want..

Do i need to change my clutch pump if i upgrade my clutch to Exedy 4 puck with the semi race cover? Using standard wira pump on Mivec Gearbox..
im having problem engaging the gears...

which part should i change? the bottom pump on the gearbox or main pump?

Pump from which car should i use? evo??

thanks...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if your pump is leaking then ull hv problem sfithing/cannot shift... if not... then why replace the pump.... maybe the problem is else where...
r u using the the whole set Racing Clutch+Racing Pressure plates??

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
yeah, y change clutch pump if its not leaking???
do like wat bro skywalker suggest, bleed the clutch line 1st....
n also, u may wanna check if ur clutch level is too "low"??? if its too low, u may wanna adjust n make it higher...u may also wanna ensure u fully press the clutch everytime u shift...

carlmc

Known Member
Jun 5, 2008
if your pump is leaking then ull hv problem sfithing/cannot shift... if not... then why replace the pump.... maybe the problem is else where...
r u using the the whole set Racing Clutch+Racing Pressure plates??
yes bro, im using the whole set...The thing is there is no leak whatsoever...level in the resovoir still at max...

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

yeah, y change clutch pump if its not leaking???
do like wat bro skywalker suggest, bleed the clutch line 1st....
n also, u may wanna check if ur clutch level is too "low"??? if its too low, u may wanna adjust n make it higher...u may also wanna ensure u fully press the clutch everytime u shift...
already tried bleeding the line and adjusting the clutch higher..but after few days..back to the same problem..cant shift into gear(while engine running)...when i bleed the line again...after few days same thing happen again...no leakage...:hmmmm:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
wat power archived by your car? is it when the time u drive fast then cant shift in the gear? i experience on my mivec turbo since i use fullset 3 puck racing clutch,pressure plate and etc and i always go fast and furious, i think the clutch cant longer hold the power so the gear cant shift.... so i plan to switch to 4,5 or 6 puck.....