Buy a used car

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
huhu..the new car that i interested, i cant afford la bro..hehe
Better get new car, your dream car gonna change throughout the years, once ur dream car no more in production, are you still going to buy second hand dream car? is abit pointless, dont you thng so. so might as well get new car within your budget. atleast less problem and is a long term investment. Also, if you want to sell, the resale value is still good because you are the first owner. If you buy second hand, the resale value and the maintenance is goin to be abit of a problem. but is your choice.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

But if you still insist of japanese car, personally my choice would be City IDSI. Because my brother-in-law has it. We travelled once from my place Subang to Malacca using kampung road, full tank. There is enough patrol to travel to Johor and back to Subang. I was amaze by tht, cause my car(S60, 2006) cant do tht. hahaha

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Better get new car, your dream car gonna change throughout the years, once ur dream car no more in production, are you still going to buy second hand dream car? is abit pointless, dont you thng so. so might as well get new car within your budget. atleast less problem and is a long term investment. Also, if you want to sell, the resale value is still good because you are the first owner. If you buy second hand, the resale value and the maintenance is goin to be abit of a problem. but is your choice.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

But if you still insist of japanese car, personally my choice would be City IDSI. Because my brother-in-law has it. We travelled once from my place Subang to Malacca using kampung road, full tank. There is enough patrol to travel to Johor and back to Subang. I was amaze by tht, cause my car(S60, 2006) cant do tht. hahaha
Yes..i get your point..But just with my budget around 45k only, i think dont much new car that i like i can get...mybe i just can get a new national car only..i think if new, i would to take myvi or persona...But like i stated before, try to search vios or city because although their not latest car but the performance and engine still relevant and can compete with the new national..hehehe

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Yes..i get your point..But just with my budget around 45k only, i think dont much new car that i like i can get...mybe i just can get a new national car only..i think if new, i would to take myvi or persona...But like i stated before, try to search vios or city because although their not latest car but the performance and engine still relevant and can compete with the new national..hehehe
I understand your view and what you mean, but the question here is what youre looking for in a car. Because, if you werent looking for "street cred" or anything of the sort, you'd definitely go for a brand new car within your price range (usually national). However, the situation is completely different if you were buying this car for some form of "recognition/street cred". Like me being young, I have tons of friends who are ungrateful for the Myvis their parents buy for them because they're only looking for "street cred", unlike me who doesn't care what car i'm given.

I guess, you could argue or discuss which is better in terms of maintenance, etc etc. but its never gonna be as reliable as a brand new car no? So i guess before debating the reliability or consumption or etc about these 2 cars, ask yourself as to why you're deciding to buy second hand to begin with. Just my imo hehe :itsme:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I understand your view and what you mean, but the question here is what youre looking for in a car. Because, if you werent looking for "street cred" or anything of the sort, you'd definitely go for a brand new car within your price range (usually national). However, the situation is completely different if you were buying this car for some form of "recognition/street cred". Like me being young, I have tons of friends who are ungrateful for the Myvis their parents buy for them because they're only looking for "street cred", unlike me who doesn't care what car i'm given.

I guess, you could argue or discuss which is better in terms of maintenance, etc etc. but its never gonna be as reliable as a brand new car no? So i guess before debating the reliability or consumption or etc about these 2 cars, ask yourself as to why you're deciding to buy second hand to begin with. Just my imo hehe :itsme:
wah starkiller already upgrade from neo to w176....nice..:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Fuh! brother S60 and city totally different class.....:driver::biggrin:

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
wah starkiller already upgrade from neo to w176....nice..:biggrin:
Hello brother, hahaha yeah. If you remember the previous "SL55 vs Boxster" thread which caused alot of "spoilt child" comments hahah, i've lastly been able to decide on the car to buy. In the end didnt even bring a car back (did the calculations, not worth the money) so instead, took over my dads old C200 W204 and placed an order for the A45 :biggrin:. Hope to be more involved in the community again once it arrives :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hello brother, hahaha yeah. If you remember the previous "SL55 vs Boxster" thread which caused alot of "spoilt child" comments hahah, i've lastly been able to decide on the car to buy. In the end didnt even bring a car back (did the calculations, not worth the money) so instead, took over my dads old C200 W204 and placed an order for the A45 :biggrin:. Hope to be more involved in the community again once it arrives :biggrin:
Really loaded wei...A45 AMG :stoned:

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
Fuh! brother S60 and city totally different class.....:driver::biggrin:
hahaha old car broo.. driving slow and steady. if drive to fast, more money finish fast. takut already, i just change my radiator last month. my hand was shaking to give the money. haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nola bro biasa only, family just prefers to spend on cars rather than property hahah :driver:
Either property or cars, both need lots of money LOL! A45 AMG can buy a normal low cost house already or price is half a house of RM600K :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Either property or cars, both need lots of money LOL! A45 AMG can buy a normal low cost house already or price is half a house of RM600K :rofl:
Chicken feet la. My yacht costs more. In my dreams that is.

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Mine way back also paid RM100 for the transfer......:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Sometimes not necessary. If kena get lemon new car you will be sending back to SC every now and then also....:banghead::biggrin:
yup, agreed..hehe

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

got point there oso, but that's my opinion, btw if TS is getting used ones in cash @ huge downpayment than think it's ok 4 him coz from what I know, int% for used is higher summore:confused:
yup..still doing survey about the interest rate for loan second car... what the most people said for now aroud 4% - 5%.. quite high for me..huhu

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

should have played the fella back telling him that u have rm60k cash with u, want to deal with him & bring the car back on the same day :rofl:....
hehe..yeah.. good idea..hehe

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Oops, didn't see your message. Yes used car.
owh..just get? from dealer or direct owner?

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Thank for your opinion bro..maybe what i look to get buy the car is brand la.. for toyota vios, the brand also wll known and already survey from net, forum, owner itself..they told that maintenance and FC this car also affordable..that important beside the price..but you know la, to get the new toyota vios, sure i cant afford..but if for used toyota (i looking year 2006 and above) i can afford. hehe

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Ya wey, the 7 speed gb IDSi really smooth.
Your brother in law called Kevin ah?

Nola bro biasa only, family just prefers to spend on cars rather than property hahah :driver:
This kind of family hard to come by. Wahhh

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Ya wey, the 7 speed gb IDSi really smooth.
Your brother in law called Kevin ah?

This kind of family hard to come by. Wahhh
Hahah got very good reason bro, not exactly the vest investment plan hahahah. Even harder to come by are families that can do both property and cars:biggrin:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
btw TS, when u said u have budgeted u'r soon 2 be ride, how did u come wit the figure & seriously how will u full fill it

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My kinda family! Pity my wife disagrees

yup..still doing survey about the interest rate for loan second car... what the most people said for now aroud 4% - 5%.. quite high for me..huhu

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

owh..just get? from dealer or direct owner?

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Thank for your opinion bro..maybe what i look to get buy the car is brand la.. for toyota vios, the brand also wll known and already survey from net, forum, owner itself..they told that maintenance and FC this car also affordable..that important beside the price..but you know la, to get the new toyota vios, sure i cant afford..but if for used toyota (i looking year 2006 and above) i can afford. hehe
Direct owner. I don't trust dealers unless its my relative. And my interest rate with Public Bank 3.45%, it's not that high la 4-5% is insane. But my car is 54k only, loan 45k. So monthly RM635 which is quite decent for the car I bought.

Don't get overly obsessed with Toyotas. They are old tech cars. But for 2nd hand Toyotas that's not a bad thing, old tech = less things break down. If you can afford 76k, get the new City model S. It's pretty damn good car wei.

Otherwise second hand Toyotas are good. Corolla 13-15k. I saw this pretty tidy modded SEG going for 15k. Dunno if it's still available for sale. Vios are generally safe but need to really check these cars inside out. They are low maintenance but most owners are lazy ass owners and don't bother to maintain well since they *forget* maintenance schedules.

I would avoid the Citys that used to have CVT. That time the City was targeting the mid-range class of drivers. The car was within budget but the maintenance was high, the CVT oil is quite expensive to change. 4L would be like RM300+ so a lot of mechs would tell them "Dexron ok one laaaaaa" then they'd use that oil and have GB problems. In fact 99% of those cars that time had CVT issues so make sure you check that first before committing to the car. Personally I find the IDSI had better low end torque but the iVTEC model had better mid to high power. In terms of FC IDSI had a little bit more of an edge.

The Dugong Vios model is cheaper than the 1st gen Vios for some reason. The 1st gen one is seemingly bigger a little inside. But you'll need to be prepared to spend to spruce up the interior if you buy one that old. And most if not all will get hit by the 9 year old car insurance loading which is 5% more on top of your insurance amount. So if you buy a 50k Vios then insurance is going to cost a bit especially for a Vios.

Oh well, if you guys prefer to get cars more than property, must have constant cash lo.:biggrin:
I'm not sure what you meant by that - but these modern cars (new) are kinda low maintenance. These days cars got 3-5 years free maintenance and all and most cars these days like my 'new' car are very low maintenance. CVT change every 100k km, spark plugs too, oil using full syn so 12k change and belt every 80k. Timing chain and cvt chain inspect every 200k. Change only at 500k.

If you meant they had surplus money and no where to spend, then buying cars will attract income taxes attention. Not necessarily a good idea unless it's a cash buy.

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Direct owner. I don't trust dealers unless its my relative. And my interest rate with Public Bank 3.45%, it's not that high la 4-5% is insane. But my car is 54k only, loan 45k. So monthly RM635 which is quite decent for the car I bought.

Don't get overly obsessed with Toyotas. They are old tech cars. But for 2nd hand Toyotas that's not a bad thing, old tech = less things break down. If you can afford 76k, get the new City model S. It's pretty damn good car wei.

Otherwise second hand Toyotas are good. Corolla 13-15k. I saw this pretty tidy modded SEG going for 15k. Dunno if it's still available for sale. Vios are generally safe but need to really check these cars inside out. They are low maintenance but most owners are lazy ass owners and don't bother to maintain well since they *forget* maintenance schedules.

I would avoid the Citys that used to have CVT. That time the City was targeting the mid-range class of drivers. The car was within budget but the maintenance was high, the CVT oil is quite expensive to change. 4L would be like RM300+ so a lot of mechs would tell them "Dexron ok one laaaaaa" then they'd use that oil and have GB problems. In fact 99% of those cars that time had CVT issues so make sure you check that first before committing to the car. Personally I find the IDSI had better low end torque but the iVTEC model had better mid to high power. In terms of FC IDSI had a little bit more of an edge.

The Dugong Vios model is cheaper than the 1st gen Vios for some reason. The 1st gen one is seemingly bigger a little inside. But you'll need to be prepared to spend to spruce up the interior if you buy one that old. And most if not all will get hit by the 9 year old car insurance loading which is 5% more on top of your insurance amount. So if you buy a 50k Vios then insurance is going to cost a bit especially for a Vios.
owh..so the current interest for now for used car loan 3.45% right? ok, quite ok..hehe.. I plan to take a look a vios 2007 this weekend..there car he offered 39K but maybe i see him this weekend, try to nego a little bit..hehehe...i ok, mybe next week try to apply for loan..because the owner said for the loan, buyer arrange by himself.. I want to apply for full loan and i hope lepas la..

for a new car whether city or vios, i cant afford la bro..my budget to get car max 45K.. and for repayment of monthly, i afford below rm600..maybe around rm530 - rm550 only..hehe

City CVT also in my target but for now, can find one lor..so, mybe not la kot..

Dugong cheaper than old vios? no la cause based on my survey the old version of vios, the price more cheaper..because the i think the dugong model is new model right? hehe

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
car nowaday are more affordable...if new car, they can arrange low interest 2.xx% and low downpayment as low as rm1000

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any Suggestion to tune my spectra beside the services center ?

And where can i buy 3 inch air filter? K&N ?
And brisk Spark plug (irinium) ? Better in the cheapest price thank's .....
:cool:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience