Tyre by Category (Extreme to Entry Level)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This I saw from one website which can explain more on the tyres from their respective category...

Extreme Performance
You want extreme dry street performance and are willing to trade some comfort and hydroplaning resistance to get it.
More for track play, tyres like Yoko AD-08R, Federal RS-R, Toyo R1-R, Falken RT-615, Nankang NS-2R, Kumho Ecsta XS, Achilles 123, Hakook RS-3, BS RE-11

Max Performance
You want an unsurpassed blend of dry and wet street traction and handling and only the finest will do.

Best for street, good in dry and wet. GY Asy2, Michelin PSS, Yoko Advan V105, BS RE-050, Pirelli P-Zero, Conti CSC5

Ultra High Performance

You want an outstanding blend of dry and wet street traction and handling.

Tyres like Toyo T1-R, Dunlop Direzza DZ101, Yoko S-Drive, BS RE-002, Pirelli Cinturato P7, GY F1-D5, GT Radial Champiro HPY

High Performance
You want a good blend of dry and wet street performance when "re-tiring" your sports coupe or sedan.

Eg. GY NCT5, Yoko C-Drive 2, Yoko A-Drive R1, Pirelli Cinturato P1, Toyo C-1S, Dunlop D-01, Falken ZE-912, GT Radial BAX2

Grand Touring or Entry level
You want a good blend of dry and wet street performance along with responsive handling and noise and ride comfort.

Yoko A-Drive, Falken ZE-322, GY Ducaro, Michelin XM2, Conti CC5, Toy Teo Plus

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Tire rack and UK tyre review put them in Max category....:driver:
Hmm I'd think PS3 is still in the UHP class, also the F1 Assy 2. But it seems between max & UHP are very similar/almost the same performance level. Some in the max might actually be outperformed by those in the UHP class. Maybe the tread wear rating distinguish between the 2? Like those still around high 200-low 300 are UHP while high 100-low 200 are into the max category, don't you think?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nct 5?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
Walao
Under High performance mah! 2nd from bottom...haha:biggrin:
NCT5 works well when new. Problem is the sipes are too shallow, and wear out too fast. Once the sipes starts to disappear, the performance deteriorates too....After 50% can actually change the tyres liao.....:mad:

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Hmm I'd think PS3 is still in the UHP class, also the F1 Assy 2. But it seems between max & UHP are very similar/almost the same performance level. Some in the max might actually be outperformed by those in the UHP class. Maybe the tread wear rating distinguish between the 2? Like those still around high 200-low 300 are UHP while high 100-low 200 are into the max category, don't you think?
PS3 is sort of in between. It's dry and wet traction is good, except sidewall many complain too soft so handling can be an issue.
However GY F1 Asy2 have been holding the top few places in many of UK tyre test review among the Max performance tyre circle therefore I wouls say it is holding it's own there.

200-low to 300 and high 100 to low 200? Are you referring to 15" tyres? Max performance tyres actually do not have in 15 and even 16". If PS3 is in Max then that is the only one I know that is in Max category. F1 Asy 2, CSC5, V105 starts in 17" if not mistaken and PSS starts in 18" sizes

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Under High performance mah! 2nd from bottom...haha:biggrin:
NCT5 works well when new. Problem is the sipes are too shallow, and wear out too fast. Once the sipes starts to disappear, the performance deteriorates too....After 50% can actually change the tyres liao.....:mad:

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

PS3 is sort of in between. It's dry and wet traction is good, except sidewall many complain too soft so handling can be an issue.
However GY F1 Asy2 have been holding the top few places in many of UK tyre test review among the Max performance tyre circle therefore I wouls say it is holding it's own there.

200-low to 300 and high 100 to low 200? Are you referring to 15" tyres? Max performance tyres actually do not have in 15 and even 16". If PS3 is in Max then that is the only one I know that is in Max category. F1 Asy 2, CSC5, V105 starts in 17" if not mistaken and PSS starts in 18" sizes
I'm referring to the tread wear rating on 17' tires, coz like the PS3 I saw it's 320 while the both F1 are 300 and GT HPY is also at 300. Based on GY own advertisement video, I think the F1 Assy2 is still mentioned as UHP tire like the D5 but it's performance is beating practically all tires on the market today even those so called max category ones, except those track ready tires on dry surface.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Is thinking to get extreme performance after this but due to budget, i guess i'll just settle down with another UHP for front. But then again, coming is a dry season :mad::mad: lets hope my current will hang on abit more months then i'll afford some dry good stuff lolz.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm referring to the tread wear rating on 17' tires, coz like the PS3 I saw it's 320 while the both F1 are 300 and GT HPY is also at 300. Based on GY own advertisement video, I think the F1 Assy2 is still mentioned as UHP tire like the D5 but it's performance is beating practically all tires on the market today even those so called max category ones, except those track ready tires on dry surface.
PS3 with 320, but my friend use say wear so fast.....:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
PS3 with 320, but my friend use say wear so fast.....:banghead:
Maybe your friend drives fast & more aggressive in the corners. I've used Pilot Preceda with tread wear only 240 before and to me it's still acceptable, but I drive slow2 only. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe your friend drives fast & more aggressive in the corners. I've used Pilot Preceda with tread wear only 240 before and to me it's still acceptable, but I drive slow2 only. :biggrin:
PP2 other friend use is lasting. Sometimes cannot trust the threadwear rating too much as that is under controlled environment use....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi....as the topic, is it suitable to change to an aluminum radiator for a street daily driven car?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience