BMW Problem & Warranty - Consumers Point..

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Not all BMW mechanics are equal. If they couldn't pinpoint the source why did they dismantle the engine in the first place? Just like you go telling your doctor you are having a chest pain but doctor couldn't diagnose the problem. So he tells you "lets perform a surgical operation to open your chest, take out the organs to see what's wrong." And after dismantling the engine they asked you to have an overhaul for no reason? I think this particular BMW centre is really sillysea.

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Just go and open file for the tribunal case.let them(bmw) knos you are serious.bmw just want to fork out your money for the repair.they can say the liquid is not from coolant etc or whatsoever but i dont think they even send the oil or liquid sample for lab analysis.if they do ask them to provide the detail of icp ms or whatsoever test they perform.as a consumer you have the right! And sometimes they will chicken out halfway when receive the first registred case upon hearing.
p/s:I got refunded 9k from unsatisfied service.they chicken out when I first handed them the registered case filed.

cruiser

Known Member
Aug 12, 2004
sarutobi84,
U mean BMW refunded you 9K? Good for you. My job requires me to be outstation frequently, my first errant when I return post CNY break is to file the case with tribunal. I do have a copy of the lab test report but thats assuming we have full confidence in their disclosure..nobody witnessed the sample taken on my behalf anyway...and my research has discovered that the lab test finding could be disputed...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
BMW sucks... believe me. They are nothing but ways to blow a big hole in your pocket. Ask any BMW owner and he will tell you the engine needs to repair engine oil leaks every 3 years like clockwork.
And what's your contribution to this thread?

-----

To Cruiser:

Bring this matter up directly to BMW Malaysia, forget about INGRESS. If the cause is unknown, that's none of your business, it's their business to find the known cause. If they claim yr car is flooded - ask for proof. It it's flooded, other parts will be faulty too not just 'water in the engine'. If they cant diagnose the cause of the problem and subsequently, 'suggests' that yr car may have been flooded before, they need to prove that statement with hard evidence. If not, they will have to walk the talk of bearing the cost VIA the 5 year BSRI. U are a consumer - u r not a mechanical engineer, it's not your job to tell them what's wrong with the car. It's their job to tell u what's wrong with the car and substantiate these claims with hard evidence. U can, claim trial to defective engine parts sold to you and negligence in INGRESS for not being able to provide the desired technical skills to carry out the BSRI warranty claims inspection.. and ultimately, sue BMW for poor customer service relationship management and negligent for not providing you any assistance in this. U paid premium price for a premium product but backed up by basic 'level' services and treatments.

cruiser

Known Member
Aug 12, 2004
Issue has been filed with the Tribunal. I've emailed all the press..Thank you for the post Blackhowling, thats exactly my point.

BMW Msia is aware of the problem and they said their 'technical team' concur with Ingress' findings which is bull. Exactly what they did to come to the conclusion, I dont know. I've also emailed BMW Germany.

Btw Tribunal filing can be done online through their website. Its convenient and encouraging.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
BMW sucks... believe me. They are nothing but ways to blow a big hole in your pocket. Ask any BMW owner and he will tell you the engine needs to repair engine oil leaks every 3 years like clockwork.
Theres some truth in it!

Hope not hurting anyones feelings...

Not easy to maintain a BMW, I learnt my lessons many years ago!:adore::smokin::mad:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
cruiser, when is your hearing date 2-3 weeks from the date u filed the case?
what are u claiming? have u forked out the rm17k to BMW for the damages & claiming that amount thru TTPM from BMW?
or u wanna claim that rm17k to get the repairs done?

they might refer u to lower majistret court if neccessary.