4g63 Turbo Setup

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
dude lekalo, lately seldom online oredi..buzy wif my entertainment life now..ahhaha..satruday went clubing den sunday got hung over..vomit like shit for the 2 hours at home man..im kinda dizzy rite now oso..
and about the turbo stuff..it wuld be better u save more money so u wont go for minor mods at one time..save more money den go for a thing dat can make u feel satisfy..man if ur car can achieve 4++ bhp on wheel , reli one damn great car..becareful wif ur engine internals oso dude..alot need to be done to achieve high bhp..pistons, valve springs, etc..and get LSD gearbox oso makes big difference..u can reach high performance wif an lsd...it will grip ur car better still..hhhmm..if still got alot of money, go buy one blue tank,ehehh...dun use it so offenly le, to refill damn xpensive man..dat time ur car sure no one will bully..den wen u plan to sell off ur car, at least can put higher price for all the mods..but anyway sure rugi alittle oso one le..

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Originally posted by GSR5559@Jun 14 2004, 02:21 PM
dude lekalo, lately seldom online oredi..buzy wif my entertainment life now..ahhaha..satruday went clubing den sunday got hung over..vomit like shit for the 2 hours at home man..im kinda dizzy rite now oso..
and about the turbo stuff..it wuld be better u save more money so u wont go for minor mods at one time..save more money den go for a thing dat can make u feel satisfy..man if ur car can achieve 4++ bhp on wheel , reli one damn great car..becareful wif ur engine internals oso dude..alot need to be done to achieve high bhp..pistons, valve springs, etc..and get LSD gearbox oso makes big difference..u can reach high performance wif an lsd...it will grip ur car better still..hhhmm..if still got alot of money, go buy one blue tank,ehehh...dun use it so offenly le, to refill damn xpensive man..dat time ur car sure no one will bully..den wen u plan to sell off ur car, at least can put higher price for all the mods..but anyway sure rugi alittle oso one le..
hiee brader.. what the heck happened to you la..?
Kent keeping you busy gila² la?

4++hp @ wheels? Very impossible for me. That requires full-blown mods everywhere.
ok dude. your advice noted! Thank you. now oso no money to mod. kawin getting nearer. U going 2nite?
Hey, slow down with the partying stuff man. You're gonna get liver poisoning soon if u don't let up.

Take care.

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Originally posted by topui11@Jun 12 2004, 04:32 PM
lekalo

go with GT turbo from garrett la. i know where can make it and it'll fit your existing manifold. i think cost around RM1800 and it's new, not used. interested? i'll arrange for a test ride in a friend's Mitsubishi Mirage 4g61t with the garrett turbine, then you make the decision ler. his car, standard form... just changed the turbo coz his old turbo wasted already.

then, there's another in the making... should be a monster. hehehe... i'm also thinking... thinking... thinking.... but mine would cost slightly higher maa. isk isk isk..
Top,
Hmm... any idea on the A/R for the turbo?
So it bolts straight into original turbo position? RM1,800 for Turbo only eh? Interested in a test session in your friend's mirage. Gimme a bit more details ler.
Like ajai said, wanna know the turbo's hp rating too if u have.

GSR:
your car superb la. dat's y!

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by lekalo+Jun 18 2004, 09:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lekalo @ Jun 18 2004, 09:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-topui11@Jun 12 2004, 04:32 PM
lekalo

go with GT turbo from garrett la. i know where can make it and it'll fit your existing manifold. i think cost around RM1800 and it's new, not used. interested? i'll arrange for a test ride in a friend's Mitsubishi Mirage 4g61t with the garrett turbine, then you make the decision ler. his car, standard form... just changed the turbo coz his old turbo wasted already.

then, there's another in the making... should be a monster. hehehe... i'm also thinking... thinking... thinking.... but mine would cost slightly higher maa. isk isk isk..
Top,
Hmm... any idea on the A/R for the turbo?
So it bolts straight into original turbo position? RM1,800 for Turbo only eh? Interested in a test session in your friend's mirage. Gimme a bit more details ler.
Like ajai said, wanna know the turbo's hp rating too if u have.

GSR:
your car superb la. dat's y! [/b][/quote]
gt turbo where can get 1800 la..i also want to buy la..
normal t04e also 2k plus already la..woi..............
gt ball bearing new one also cheapest also 4k like that la
B)

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
yea... waiting for a response from mr. top top. Brader R-32... mana lu? Dun buat senyap in sabah! u still in sabah?

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
what happened to the fella whos selling cheap gt turbos at 1.8k
chow low already ar..MIA..too much..i wanna buy 10 la...

hey lekalo..
one day come over to the shop got one to4s damn chun u might like it..new one la..
:P

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
*riding on an old thread,

can I know what is a good replacement for TD05-16g on a stock setup?
no piggyback, everything is stock.

existing is dying soon, thinking of a replacement.
prefer low end rather than high end.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

the perfect replacement will be td05 with 20g compressor wheel upgrade.... :driver:

try look for MTS turbo in fb....

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

I have one for sale, take a look in market place:wavey:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
the perfect replacement will be td05 with 20g compressor wheel upgrade.... :driver:

try look for MTS turbo in fb....
I was told that 20g will lag, more towards high end.
May not able to unleash it's potential since everything is a stock for mine .

I prefer low end and pick up.

Do enlighten me, between ar50 and td05,
Is ar50 much preferred?

Clueless about turbo

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Need to mod or plug and play?
IINM, just change the internal parts of td05 16g, talked about this with my mechanic.

i might be wrong, since he told me that convert 16g to 20g and using the same housing. Didnt ask much on this since the work + parts cost around 2k++++

I was told that 20g will lag, more towards high end.
May not able to unleash it's potential since everything is a stock for mine .

I prefer low end and pick up.

Do enlighten me, between ar50 and td05,
Is ar50 much preferred?

Clueless about turbo
Yours stock internal engine but you did put a after market fuel pump/regulator.

If stock, playing safe would be using the same/similar stock turbo

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
IINM, just change the internal parts of td05 16g, talked about this with my mechanic.

i might be wrong, since he told me that convert 16g to 20g and using the same housing. Didnt ask much on this since the work + parts cost around 2k++++

Yours stock internal engine but you did put a after market fuel pump/regulator.

If stock, playing safe would be using the same/similar stock turbo
yeah, I'm using AVS 255 fuel pump and after market regulator..

what is the cost of a brand new TD05 16g?
my mechanic told me not recommended to repair, might as well buy a 2nd hand as it cost roughly the same.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
wahaha saw this thread, already expected 20g suggestions :biggrin:
(honestly... its really fun stuff if you like the sudden kick)

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Pnp for 20g set up, to optimise max performance, i recommend to have better tuning, with a bigger 20g, there will be acceptable response with much higher stick to the seat feeling..

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
mainly the kick... when the power comes.... its hilarious.
still trying hard to understand the logic behind..

maybe for a noob, it's relatively difficult to understand.

everything is stock and I don't pump high octane, only 95.
the turbo is just an occasional cheap thrill.. :burnout:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
20g with 1.3bar boost...without semi/full lock gbox..pv6 evo3 will be like snake once turbo kick in.. :driver: :rofl:

feedback from mechanic, one of his customer has 20g setup.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
still trying hard to understand the logic behind..

maybe for a noob, it's relatively difficult to understand.

everything is stock and I don't pump high octane, only 95.
the turbo is just an occasional cheap thrill.. :burnout:
haha in your case, if you want responce 20g is probably a terrible option...

and given the slightly slightly poorish condition of the engine... (at the moment wink wink, lepas overhaul i guess this aint an issue) the 20g's added stress aint a good idea.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Trying something new here guys, especially for those who haven't been following our social channels. I've been getting plenty of questions on YouTube especially regarding manual shifting H&T etc so I was thinking of compiling them here or creating a series of post revolving on driving topics

I hope this helps anyone searching for answers on footwork and such, let's dicuss

I'll start with this one:
How to Shift Quicker

View attachment 572362

View attachment 572361 ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience