1.8 mivec management?need advises from all sifu

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
aiyah, v-manage, e-damage, afc Neo Anderson...just wire up a standalone lah! hardcore. hehe.
Depends on what you're after lah. And don't forget the extra MIVEC stickers. Extra 5hp.

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
After reading all post, I'm very keen to know how much money have you guys dump in your engine in order to achieve 160-200whp on 1.6 Mivec? Fuel Consumption wise? Mine is standard stock 1.6 blacktop Mivec. Currently running 410km max mileage and 360km minimum with 33litre full tank.

I'm planning to change my block to 93t very soon. How much money should i need to prepared and what engine management should i need to install? I heard ppl spent around 6-7k for 1.6 to 1.8 including changing their piston, cam, and rechipped ecu plus labour charge, new timing belt etcetc... iszit that expensive? How many whp will i get for above modification?

Thanks guys

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Reborn,

last saturday i went to 1 'kedai potong' at USJ...
i was asking for 4G93T 'enjin kosong' ( head + block only )...
u know how much the price?...rm3200 !!!

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bro SRF,

Do we need 93t head parts for 1.8 mivec conversion? I thought we just need its block...correct me if i'm wrong. By the way for 93p putra or gti block is only rm5xx- rm6xx, labour charge hew hundred. I got quote rm1.5k by my frens mech for 1.6mivec - 1.8mivec conversion. (including belt + oil + etc) but then he didnt suggest me to upgrade my ecu... do you guys think that remaining OEM mivec ecu after 1.8 block changed will not damage the engine during high rev?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I think if you already have a 1.6 mivec blacktop why not just bore it out and use 82mm pistons and then get a full piggy back or standalone. I'm sure you'll see similar gains.

Stock 93 pistons with mivec head and ecu should get you 155 whp.

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Bro SRF,

Do we need 93t head parts for 1.8 mivec conversion? I thought we just need its block...correct me if i'm wrong. By the way for 93p putra or gti block is only rm5xx- rm6xx, labour charge hew hundred. I got quote rm1.5k by my frens mech for 1.6mivec - 1.8mivec conversion. (including belt + oil + etc) but then he didnt suggest me to upgrade my ecu... do you guys think that remaining OEM mivec ecu after 1.8 block changed will not damage the engine during high rev?
no need 93T head la when u want to mod to 1.8 mivec...
then if u want to use 93P block doesn't matter...but to me better get 93T engine block...it more tougher...

currently i'm using same conversation also...mivec head with 1.8 93NA japan engine block + flat 81 mm piston + OEM mivec ecu & wiring...already 3 years..
i'm very sure that my a/f ratio was too lean when over than 5k of the rpm...
but i'm not so worry coz i just driving my car like my old father...hehehehhe

u need to use piggy back or stand alone ecu if u want to get max power from your mod machine...

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
I think if you already have a 1.6 mivec blacktop why not just bore it out and use 82mm pistons and then get a full piggy back or standalone. I'm sure you'll see similar gains.

Stock 93 pistons with mivec head and ecu should get you 155 whp.
Did you mean 93 standard piston? I thought heard from my mech that either remain the oem piston or buy a new oversize mivec piston would produce better result during 1.6 to 1.8 conversion? By the way what is the size of 93 standard piston?

Thanks man

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Well there's always a danger of having too high a compression ratio for your conversion. Using mivec pistons in a mivec 1.8 hybrid may not be best for your engine. You might be looking at a 12:1 compression.

They say you can use 4g92p pistons which are domed but not as aggressive as mivec pistons.

As far as over sized pistons go... get them and you better make sure your mech does a damn good job boring out your engine walls.

Just be sure when you do perform a Mivec 1.8 conversion you aren't surprised that your peak HP only comes in at 7000rpm.

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
no need 93T head la when u want to mod to 1.8 mivec...
then if u want to use 93P block doesn't matter...but to me better get 93T engine block...it more tougher...

currently i'm using same conversation also...mivec head with 1.8 93NA japan engine block + flat 81 mm piston + OEM mivec ecu & wiring...already 3 years..
i'm very sure that my a/f ratio was too lean when over than 5k of the rpm...
but i'm not so worry coz i just driving my car like my old father...hehehehhe

u need to use piggy back or stand alone ecu if u want to get max power from your mod machine...
how is your fc bro? if drive like normal like 70% highway and 30% town and mayb open mivec few times in a week? Mind to share how many km can you achieve? Mine if damn heavy foot all time whenever i cruse only can achive 260only.....

but normal drive can go 410 the max. Very concern that the fc will go worst after modification so i need to do some survey b4 going to mod my engine
:biggrin:

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well there's always a danger of having too high a compression ratio for your conversion. Using mivec pistons in a mivec 1.8 hybrid may not be best for your engine. You might be looking at a 12:1 compression.

They say you can use 4g92p pistons which are domed but not as aggressive as mivec pistons.

As far as over sized pistons go... get them and you better make sure your mech does a damn good job boring out your engine walls.

Just be sure when you do perform a Mivec 1.8 conversion you aren't surprised that your peak HP only comes in at 7000rpm.
Thanks for the info man, will ask my mech make which piston more suit for 1.8 conversion. I've tested a putra 1.8 mivec. power kicks in after 5.5rpm. can feel some g-force when mivec kicks in.

According from your statement is it normal if hp only comes in at 7k rpm? When is the best rpm to shift gear for 1.8?

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
its still safe for a mivec piston to be used in a 1.8 Mivec, provided u dun skim ur cylinder head at all n dun use thin metal gaskets......yes compression might be abit high but still manageable.....did a compression test n its only approx. 240 per cylinder, the same as an 18CR compression which is 11.1 stock........have mine running on mivec piston for 2++ years wifout any problems n tuning was only by AFC+ITC.......now i've already sold it off for a year n the engine is still running pretty faultless.........just pay more attention to the ignition timing, its essential in a 1.8 Mivec......=)

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Mmmm. That means its time for my mivec pistons!

7000 rpm is where peak hp occurs on most 1.8 mivecs, unless of course you have cams or some other mod.

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
how is your fc bro? if drive like normal like 70% highway and 30% town and mayb open mivec few times in a week? Mind to share how many km can you achieve? Mine if damn heavy foot all time whenever i cruse only can achive 260only.....

but normal drive can go 410 the max. Very concern that the fc will go worst after modification so i need to do some survey b4 going to mod my engine
:biggrin:
for sure if i'm driving like my father of course mivec doesn't activate at all...gear shifting all under 3k rpm...hahahhahahahaa

i'm not sure la my mivec working or not coz sometimes doesn't hear anything like mivec open coz i'm using std exhaust muffler...low profile maa...hahahahaha....even mivec sticker also nothing at my car body

fuel consumption was better than std 1.8 4G93...for normal driving in town i can go up to 450km with 45 litres of fuel...

Last edited:

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
if u using normal emanage then the tuning will be limited for mivec...
but if u use the emanage that got the variable valve timing thingy which is the latest emange then there is alot of tuning can be done on ur mivec engine...
Hi, can you eloborate further on "there is alot of tuning can be done on ur mivec engine." like what kind of function does the emanage can do and what makes it better and what is the negetivity. I understand that increasing something will automatically decrease in something, an ECU has 3 main objectives. 1. To meet international emission standard. 2. Effeciency (Petrol consumption. 3. Reliability. So which part & the percentage does the ECU losses? when we up the HP. Having this knowledge really helps to judge the value of products. Thanks.

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Good morning guys, for guys who are working i suppose some of u already got your salary. Wallet almost port n polish and finally can regain the weight today~hehe~good mood good mood....

Thanks to all who has been contribute and sharing the infos.

SRF,

Same low profile here :) I'm also using standard putra exhaust with 2" S flow piping and OEM air filter. when crusing car can be silent at low rpm but my engine sound will louder than my exhaust when cruising at high rpm. If you never tuned the ecu your mivec should be kick in from 5.2k rpm / 5.5k rpm. Try notice it when you drag ur car and sure u will hear your mivec scream at 5.2k rpm

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Same low profile here :) I'm also using standard putra exhaust with 2" S flow piping and OEM air filter. when crusing car can be silent at low rpm but my engine sound will louder than my exhaust when cruising at high rpm. If you never tuned the ecu your mivec should be kick in from 5.2k rpm / 5.5k rpm. Try notice it when you drag ur car and sure u will hear your mivec scream at 5.2k rpm
yeahhh...i noticed that my mivec will activate around 5.6k rpm...that sound and kicked i can heard when i was using straight exhaust piping 2 years ago laaa....now can't hear anymore coz like yur car also my engine sound will screaming louder than the exhaust...hahahaha..after that i got 1 good smelling...u guess what?...my clutch plate was burnt laaa...huwahuwahuwa

that's why i drove my car like my father...save energy and save money also...
hahahaha

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
LOL i'll ask my friend to provide dyno chart then...btw is a Mivec CK engine...terbalik version

actually the tuner is good dats y can tune the car so well...
halo halo....no updates on the dyno chart....??.....still waiting..........

r3dster

500 RPM
Mar 26, 2006
4g93t blocks are awsome for hybrids...but the problem for that is...either you'll need to wait at the market place for a good timing or just burn your cash at halfcut and get a the top and bottom..most halfcuts won't take apart unless you're willing to pay ALOT...getting a normal twin cam block also is hard unless you're running on one..i'd suggest a sohc block...can get anywhere...it works just fine....just don't forget to change to 1.6sohc piston or oversized ones

SRF - Racing
45liters of petrol = 450 km....1 liter 10 km?and i thought mine was a petrol monster..hehe
got mine urm...if cruising i'll get 70km for rm10 if playing around more or less can get 50-60km...

just wondering what's your exhaust setup currently?i still can't decide either to go for a 4-1 or a
4-2-1 header...need some feed backs on both

back to topic...for e-manage...what's the function of the injector harness..is it to control extra injector or to manage the current one?anyone mind brighten me up a lil?..
thanks

Last edited:

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
r3dster: get the 4-1 from R3 or Speedworks if you are running 1.8 bottom.....it works pretty well with 1.8 Mivecs....

LOL i'll ask my friend to provide dyno chart then...btw is a Mivec CK engine...terbalik version

actually the tuner is good dats y can tune the car so well...
bro, still no news of the dyno chart of your friend's so called 200whp 1.6 Mivec...??...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I can definitely attest to the 4-1 R3 header on my 1.8 Mivec its damn fucking nice!