NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi zerotohundred-ians,

Thank you so much on your sincere input. Sorry for the late reply, was too busy on my recent job.

I still not making any decision yet as one of my friend (loan risk assessment department) told me to wait until end of the year because the economy is uncertain now. He asked me to wait and there might have plenty of nice and fairly new cars (like 1 or 2 years old) which the owner cannot pay the monthly commitment if I'm looking for a second hand car.
I personally think your friend is right.

Msia hasn't hit bottom yet and it's quite precarious at the moment. If you're not in a hurry to buy the car my personal opinion is to wait it out. If your income is not affected at all by the economy then you are king. Cash is king. Just wait it out - buying new at this point of time is going to be a big waste of money.

Reactions: jerrysiow

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah, a lot of lay off, salary cuts still ongoing. Just read a Hotel in Langkawi cut 25% of staff force, and that is on top of salary cuts earlier.....

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
In mudah the selling price around RM105k. Since is company car, they do not have personnel to take care of the sale, so they are getting used car to quote. So far offer only RM85k, another seeing it tomorrow.......
That sound good but might not taking Lexus for now
How affirmative is that statement? Will you have the chance to obtain that listing from your friend?
If all is true, will he be the liaison person to do all that for your benefits, to cherry pick "nice and fairly" new cars, to settle all your loan arrangement and all the documentation (if it is bank lelong car)? And if economy were to recover, will you regret for not making the purchase now with the ongoing tax holiday incentive and low interest rates?

Too many IFs hahah. While I am in the belief that economy will recover by year end (based on many fundamental reasons) unless snap polls or vote of no-confidence occurs, you should just grab the best deal in the present if you come across any.

Weigh out your financial contingency planning, spend just enough for your favourite ride with total ownership cost in mind.

Are you interested with this model 2019 Toyota Camry 2.5V at RM164k sold by Sime Darby Auto Selection?
Hi mate,

164k is out of my budget and anyway, thank you for suggesting me this.

jerrysiow

Known Member

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban

Msia hasn't hit bottom yet and it's quite precarious at the moment. If you're not in a hurry to buy the car my personal opinion is to wait it out. If your income is not affected at all by the economy then you are king. Cash is king. Just wait it out - buying new at this point of time is going to be a big waste of money.

Yeah. Better stay calm and see what is the situation within these coming 6 months.

Reactions: Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
1. Don't buy a car unless you absolutely need a car. If you have a car and there's nothing wrong with it, just maintenance, then you're just butt itchy wanting to change new car. Any car will eventually hit a stage where you need to replace wear & tear vs a new car.
2. Cash is king.
3. Used car under warranty will always be a better value than a new car. Always. VALUE.
4. Cash is king.
5. Don't listen to the woman when buying a car, unless it's her car. Usually they only car about how they FEEL about the car.
6. Cash is king.
7. Newer cars is almost always better. Unless its a VW, the previous top of the line VW Passat is better spec'ed than the current top of the line VW Passat. lol.
8. Listen to this joker called ixeo if you want factual, objective opinion unadulterated by emotions.
9. Cash is still king.

EDIT: I think 5. would be bad advice if you guys are married to the said woman. So I have decided to strike that out. It is not worth having to sleep on the couch everyday, unless it's a race car. If you're buying a race car, then definitely don't listen to her. You can sleep in your car but you can't drive your house. So the couch is okay, just buy the race car.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Reactions: Izso and 6UE5t

leinnz

Known Member

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
1. Don't buy a car unless you absolutely need a car. If you have a car and there's nothing wrong with it, just maintenance, then you're just butt itchy wanting to change new car. Any car will eventually hit a stage where you need to replace wear & tear vs a new car.
2. Cash is king.
3. Used car under warranty will always be a better value than a new car. Always. VALUE.
4. Cash is king.
5. Don't listen to the woman when buying a car, unless it's her car. Usually they only car about how they FEEL about the car.
6. Cash is king.
7. Newer cars is almost always better. Unless its a VW, the previous top of the line VW Passat is better spec'ed than the current top of the line VW Passat. lol.
8. Listen to this joker called ixeo if you want factual, objective opinion unadulterated by emotions.
9. Cash is still king.

EDIT: I think 5. would be bad advice if you guys are married to the said woman. So I have decided to strike that out. It is not worth having to sleep on the couch everyday, unless it's a race car. If you're buying a race car, then definitely don't listen to her. You can sleep in your car but you can't drive your house. So the couch is okay, just buy the race car.
thanks master

Jun 26, 2020
I'm driving a 2015 toyota camry, it's also spacious and very comfortable, and suitable for your family.
But if you have enough budget, Lexus ES250 is not a bad choice.
Wish you have the right choice.

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Yup...the worst is yet to come.
Expect it to be as early as Aug or as late as Oct. If one have cash and very stable financially, might get the car he want for a bargain.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup...the worst is yet to come.
Expect it to be as early as Aug or as late as Oct. If one have cash and very stable financially, might get the car he want for a bargain.
Those companies not doing well already have closed, some just wait and see how the market fairs, whether to continue or pack up. Some even after salary cut, have resorted to cut staff force already..... :banghead:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Where's our resident Mark X owner?

Since you have Altis, I will forget the City and the Vios.

You've listed very good cars.

I feel the ES250 is definitely a good car, but ultimately it is the same K platform that the Camry uses, which makes it a luxury-fied Camry. I'm not sure if its more expensive than a Camry, but between this 2, I will lean towards the Camry Hybrid 2.5L because its a very nice car having sat in it, super spacious, and relatively speaking its spare parts would probably be cheaper than the Lexus parts.

Toyota has proven hybrids, so I wouldn't worry about its battery or anything like that. Plus it has an 8 year warranty.

My advice? Bring the wife to view ES250 and Camry Hybrid and see which is nicer to sit, drive, and the general feeling. If you're in this class of cars, forget about the others.

Alternatively, the X70, CX-5 are good choices in the same price segment. Again, I would sooner choose the X70 over the City/Vios, as there's more space, and better refinement.
X70 boot space very shallow, don't bother. Feels like can't put a lot of stuffs inside, had it for few roadtrips already. But if u like a hatch, the X70 is good, usable space unlike a sedan got some hidden pillar etc. If u want smaller, try X50 later this year.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
X70 boot space very shallow, don't bother. Feels like can't put a lot of stuffs inside, had it for few roadtrips already. But if u like a hatch, the X70 is good, usable space unlike a sedan got some hidden pillar etc. If u want smaller, try X50 later this year.
X50 got power and cheap road tax.......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How does the X70 compares to the HR-V? Cause these are matched in price, and X70 is one segment above HR-V. I've not examined the X70 in detail.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I had read & hear a lot of member changing their Wira PCD 100 to PCD 114 using below items

- EVO 3 Knuckle
- GSR Knuckle
- FTO Knuckle
&
- Spacer

But Unfortunaly I bought FTO knuckle wont fit to my Wira SE 2004 drive shaft. (The drive shaft Gigi no equal)

Just to ask which knuckle just plug & play for Wira without change the drive shaft ( Front Set, rear no problem?

Why change PCD 100 to PCD 114?
- Fit pretty after market offset rim, such as Buddy club P1 Racing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience