Pros and cons of engine braking?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nonetheless, his auto 93 is making respectable amount of power on the dyno. FLAT torque curve weih.

yeap, agree it is essential to drive fast on canyon roads

You are OEM plus bro keke

Heel & toe is kinda important when you are driving fast on twisty roads, the car will unsettle so bad that you might end up in ditch lol. That is when you are pushing the car's limit.

Sometimes provided good hardware also cannot perform lol. Rich kids driving nice cars but still kena sapu by non performance oriented car :stupid::stupid:
Maybe your 4G93 makes even more power. :biggrin:

You mean the car will unsettle when you downshift without proper rev matching?

Titanrev just told me yesterday that some people drive nice cars but still being followed closely during touge by people with stock cars.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya

Titanrev just told me yesterday that some people drive nice cars but still being followed closely during touge by people with stock cars.
Maybe lah. Just maybe. On a nice day.

yeap, imagine charging into a corner trail braking and just about to turn in, the front tires are already loaded furthermore with the sudden extra weight from downshift without rev matching. All the weights are gonna go to the front tires even more, which means you're gonna understeer or oversteer lol

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Careful with left foot braking, harder than heel toe.
Our left foot used to do nothing or press clutch.
Need time to adjust brake pressure. I kena many time brake too hard
Oh yes this happens to most myself included, at the virgin try. Although more for manual car drivers. Less for 2 pedal enthusiasts.

Anyhow, don't give up, give it a few more tries but just remember to go gently, or try the edge of the brake pedal

Its a good technique to master especially for non manual cars

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Maybe lah. Just maybe. On a nice day.

yeap, imagine charging into a corner trail braking and just about to turn in, the front tires are already loaded furthermore with the sudden extra weight from downshift without rev matching. All the weights are gonna go to the front tires even more, which means you're gonna understeer or oversteer lol
Your 4G93 is MT right?

Ah, I got it. I know that sudden lurching feeling from downshift without rev matching. It gets worse if your RPM is high. Reacts as if like the whole car hit an obstacle or something.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Still if left leg on brake, right leg on gas cannot?

Means Unker slowest, right?.....:rofl:
on a wira, it's a lot harder. maybe my balls are in the way coz i need to move my thighs closer to get to the brakes. it's a lot more comfortable doing left foot braking in my wife's MPV.

Nonetheless, his auto 93 is making respectable amount of power on the dyno. FLAT torque curve weih.
tipu laa you. it's flat coz it's slow. kekeke

Your 4G93 is MT right?

Ah, I got it. I know that sudden lurching feeling from downshift without rev matching. It gets worse if your RPM is high. Reacts as if like the whole car hit an obstacle or something.
y2188 93 is DOHC mah. and manual with added goodies. single cam auto sure cannot follow one. that's y2188 is KING :biggrin:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Your 4G93 is MT right?

Yeh, MT. So imagine your front tire is working at their limit already that sudden lurch from downshift without rev matching will unsettle the car.

on a wira, it's a lot harder. maybe my balls are in the way coz i need to move my thighs closer to get to the brakes. it's a lot more comfortable doing left foot braking in my wife's MPV.

MR BIG BALLS

tipu laa you. it's flat coz it's slow. kekeke

Lancau.

y2188 93 is DOHC mah. and manual with added goodies. single cam auto sure cannot follow one. that's y2188 is KING :biggrin:
Don't sabotage me please lol:burnout::burnout:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:thefinger:

Page 25 is all about who is faster and who is king. wtf. all shuddup.

Titanrev is king and fastesterest.

And what happened to the topic of engine braking?

Btw, why would anyone with an auto bother with left foot braking? Just shift from D to 3/2 but don't lift off only maaah

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

Btw, why would anyone with an auto bother with left foot braking? Just shift from D to 3/2 but don't lift off only maaah
you want them to break the gearbox ah drop shift like that without release the gas pedal? :rofl:
still need some braking at a certain point. i always do hard late braking, back to gas pedal and tap brake pedal with left foot while entering mid corner with half throttle and then WOT when i exit. but that's while driving my wife mpv laa. :rofl:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Maybe next time need find you, y2188, izsuark TT again when I come to KL. All sifus. :adore:
Still far far away from being sifu weih. I'm just a kid.

y2188 is 93 sifu. :biggrin:
:thefinger::thefinger:

Totally agree, Titanrev is king and fastesterest +1

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i no sifu. drive auto only. :biggrin:
Legendary uncle Fred also drive auto and still can win in competition... 4G15 auto. :adore:

After being inactive in ZTH for so long, finally you are now active and joining the threads again. :adore:

Still far far away from being sifu weih. I'm just a kid.

:thefinger::thefinger:

Totally agree, Titanrev is king and fastesterest +1
LOL, what makes you think I am old enough? I'm probably younger than you.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Legendary uncle Fred also drive auto and still can win in competition... 4G15 auto. :adore:

After being inactive in ZTH for so long, finally you are now active and joining the threads again. :adore:

LOL, what makes you think I am old enough? I'm probably younger than you.
Bro izso, wanna pull us back to straight line, tiok kannn liao loh...:rolleyes:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro izso, wanna pull us back to straight line, tiok kannn liao loh...:rolleyes:
Come discuss about your progress in heel toe. :biggrin:

No new participants trying to learn heel toe in this thread, can only talk about your progress now.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Come discuss about your progress in heel toe. :biggrin:

No new participants trying to learn heel toe in this thread, can only talk about your progress now.
Progress is still practice, remind remind X 99999 times to myself to execute ht when have chance....
:burnout:
i go work, back work...everyday traffic. Even straight line i practice HT if got chance. Get use to synchronize or what u call rythm. :burnout:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Progress is still practice, remind remind X 99999 times to myself to execute ht when have chance....
:burnout:
i go work, back work...everyday traffic. Even straight line i practice HT if got chance. Get use to synchronize or what u call rythm. :burnout:
You must be braking a lot more than usual. :biggrin:

When I was learning, I was braking more than what I usually did. Brake whenever I got the chance like in every turns and corners. Before that, I rarely brake because I will slow down and down shift before reaching turns and corners.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

Anyone know which type brand of spark plug cable is best for 4G93 GSR turbo.

Someone have using NGK spark plug cable ( blue colur )? how about performance and price ?

Thk
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience