SWIFT BOT-"low Comp Head Build"

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This head owner buy from his friend...over heating failure...

Water compress coz????????I exs valve snap:banghead:

Start with cleaning(no pics).....take measure...

Grinder to take out old surface....

Start to TIG weld...Step first weld all water hole...:thrasher:

For those who do tig weld must more understand how important the grounding...when its been hot,weld frequency problem..here the fast way i cold its...hu..hu..

Second step..weld out line,make its as guide for thickness weld...

Take random measure thickness....setting/adjust/etc weld machine

Third steep..start to weld all out line...

4th step...start to fill all surface...

5th step...start to weld combustion camber line...

Done...:smokin:

Grind wave...when milling proses we dont want bounce milling bits that can coz bits snap...

Can see (arrow) and combustion camber thickness have add with weld job,tomorrow if have time i will milling before continue with Port and Polish...
:party::vroam::sleep:

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
nice job, kudos.... reduction of comp. ratio?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
nice job...but errr...isnt it better to use a thicker head gasket rather than "welding" it...??

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
virgai's work always make me :adore: him

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
No doubt it's a hefty work, but just one question bro.. will the head overheated and starts to warp later? Because i'm starting my project soon too with the same platform..

romen_

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
kl
o.O

No low-comp pistons available?

How high is the target boost?

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Skimming..first using stone bits...

Using school chalk(orange) for marking,easy to see surface that dont touch..if to deep then i need to add weld back..

Lucky not to deep,can skim bit more...but still have some area not touch...not to deep..

Done skimming using stone....

Second skimming using bits...

Oiling all surface for marking...

Done...but still need to do lapping proses to get smooth surface...can see there still have hair line...its bcz hard material thats bits need to cut..

Here sample some material cut pics...

Here pics after first lapping done....

After minor lapping proses done,there still have small scratch,but its does't matter,..will refine at final touch.

Cut and clean out all balance out line webbing weld...

Start to buffing intake port...

Last work before back...Polishing some valve...

And lapping head a bit more...can see diff,now surface more smooth...

Skimming..

Lapping...

Last edited:

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
virqai's work always make me :adore: him
Hahaha...and big thanks for always here,my mate..:adore::adore::adore:

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

nice job, kudos.... reduction of comp. ratio?
thanks mate...ratio..me also not know yet,need to find original spec and calculate...what ive got info from owner for bore X stroke is 78x78....just i have taken note for combustion camber by mill water...

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

o.O

No low-comp pistons available?

How high is the target boost?
don't know have or not.just money only...heee....,i'v see the std piston pics taken by owner,oem piston also not to high and i think its std static comp also must be something like 9.+ only,that is what i guess la...for turbo boosting..what owner plan me also have ????..for me that is hard to say,diff turbo got diff boost AR..

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

nice job...but errr...isnt it better to use a thicker head gasket rather than "welding" it...??
which want better??? i don't want to coment....but i be always stick with this way...actually at first time i do this at past is for lorry head.that time no new head sell.and some of model also can't skim coz diesel camber to hard(like mits canter) and i can change its with other model like toyota that more easy to find...and have some friend that do BOT lorry for heavy job...and good feed back from them...
after that i start try to car head,sr20,vtec,etc etc..and more...but honestly to say during all that learning proses, so many thing that i need to RND not just simple weld like that mate...heee that pics all i post look easy work yeah..heee...need to consider about Heat not to ++ and--, not to leave its sudden cool till i need to design table work for this weld job only with some attachment acc...AC weld we need heat,but to much heat will coz material melt prob,warp valve seat,then u need to regrind,if to much, afraid your valve spring will not support...hahaha..what u read now also will make u 'pening' rite +++ my bad English and bad explain....haaahaha...:rofl:..sorry for that mate..

---------- Post added 11-05-2012 at 03:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 11-04-2012 at 10:43 PM ----------

No doubt it's a hefty work, but just one question bro.. will the head overheated and starts to warp later? Because i'm starting my project soon too with the same platform..

Last edited:

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Some update....PNP work

Hot side port and polish....

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Intake port and buffing....

stright cut port runner.....

Next CC work...waiting gasket for marking to cut match combustion camber also for new water hole....adioz :-)

madew

Sep 18, 2007
48 thumbs up...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
48 thumbs up...

T.Q....Update for today.....

Make new water hole matching using gasket...

4.8mm drill bits for high pressure side...

8mm drill bits for low pressure side....

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Combustion Chamber Port and Polish....:thrasher:

Before &&& After PNP...

Polishing valve done, pics with head....

BEFORE &&&&& AFTER TIG job....

STD &&&&& BUILD.....

Last edited:

madew

Sep 18, 2007
Naisss

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

finally, last 2 days, i decide to put tufoil into my car engine. i mix it with castrol magnatec.

but, the teppet sound is seems to be noiser and louder that before. and my car engine is 'roaring' like diesel engine. why...?

focalpoint, plese respon.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience