Weird Engine

turbo85

Nov 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi turbo85,
I like to help you, I have own a corolla seg. So can you tell a bit further, how the engine stop, does sputter couple of times like before dying or dies imediately. If it sputter than it means fuel supply but if dies off imediately than its ignition related.

fuel supply can be:
1. dirt in fuel supply or clogged fuel filter
2. ISV clogged (idling stabilizer valve)
3. low fuel pressure due to fuel pump
4. faulty fuel pressure regulator
5. faulty fuel injector
if ignition related than could be
1.faulty ignition key switch
2.engine speed sensor in distributor(depends on model, also can pop up error code when dignosed with engine check lite)
3. ignition coil in distributor
4. ecu
These are somethings that i can think of. good luck.

The mechanic has changed the Distributor, Spark Plugs, clean Throttle Body, BUT problem still exists, especially during morning when the engine is cold :bawling:

Could you please help to narrow down the possible causes of the problem so that I can solve it? :dong:

tqvm

Last edited:

turbo85

Nov 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The problem occurs only when the engine is cold, is that related to idle soleniod and seal gasket?
I am afraid of checking and changing those unrelated stuffs d, it hurts my wallet.

ayathu

Known Member
Feb 24, 2007
KL
The mechanic has changed the Distributor, Spark Plugs, clean Throttle Body, BUT problem still exists, especially during morning when the engine is cold :bawling:

Could you please help to narrow down the possible causes of the problem so that I can solve it? :dong:

tqvm
Bro since it happens only during engine cold than the logic thing to check will be contacts for

example your key ignition( its actual a switch so got contact inside it), battery termination,

alternator termination. Try checking these, who knows that might be the problem, cause this

happened to my brothers civic FD, the battery +ve terminal was loose, the engine die off

intermittently, after tighten terminal problem solved.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Since your car has OBD, why not use a diagnostic tool to retrieve the fault code first before making any repairs? If there's a fault code it would be much easier to determine what's wrong with your car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just done DIY Install Stromberg for my Charade Aura. I bought 6 units of Stromberg from Zerotohundred fellow nick name GTR a.k.a Ron. But since my V6 is at the workshop for upgrading my brake system so I decided to install these units into my Charade Aura first.

Later on I consult with Ron about this project. He said that my Charade should use only one big unit of Stromberg only:confused_smile: . He said that my car will jerking like Kancil. So I decided to test drive and found out...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience