A weird question...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Actually, I asked this question in one of the posts in other thread, but since nobody could answer it, I might as well start a new thread..

I wonder why when we do car allignment, it is done without a person sitting in the driver's seat during the allignment job. As we know, for most suspension design, the suspension geometry (e.g camber) changes as the wheel travels up and down (i.e with or without the driver's weight).

Any idea? :hmmmm:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Actually, I asked this question in one of the posts in other thread, but since nobody could answer it, I might as well start a new thread..

I wonder why when we do car allignment, it is done without a person sitting in the driver's seat during the allignment job. As we know, for most suspension design, the suspension geometry (e.g camber) changes as the wheel travels up and down (i.e with or without the driver's weight).

Any idea? :hmmmm:
i admit .. this is a weird question..

but it's ok.. at least u know what it does..

alignment is to make sure ur tyres is in the right position.. if u dont do it, it will wear ur tyre unevenly.. or what we call 'botak sebelah'..

why dont the driver inside? .. sumtimes there's 1 person inside.. sumtimes 2, 3, 4..

u can't align depending on how many person inside the car (unless u have an alignment machine at ur home).. so, general alignment cukup ler :biggrin:

sample pic..

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Hmm, so I guess the weight of the driver alone is not enough to upset the allignment setup right?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Hmm, so I guess the weight of the driver alone is not enough to upset the allignment setup right?
no la.. it doesn't effect the alignment..

but holes in roads will.. avoid the holes..

:driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It is because the OE setting by the car manufacturer is without any passenger.....so have to follow....