Wastegate Explained.

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
True lah bro. I totally got it wrong. Thanks heaps for the pics, really enlightening.

One more thing need to confirm: if the BOV sits so far from the compressor fin, how can it take care of the compressor fin?

Bump: BTW, anybody want my SSQV? :proud:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
True lah bro. I totally got it wrong. Thanks heaps for the pics, really enlightening.

One more thing need to confirm: if the BOV sits so far from the compressor fin, how can it take care of the compressor fin?

Bump: BTW, anybody want my SSQV? :proud:
as long as the compressed air is letgo by the valve, no compressor surge will occur

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
yala.... unless like my case where i dont have confident my sard racing bov will hold more than 2 bar, i adjust the spring stiffer and installed 2 units of them. before and after the intercooler:rofl:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
yala.... unless like my case where i dont have confident my sard racing bov will hold more than 2 bar, i adjust the spring stiffer and installed 2 units of them. before and after the intercooler:rofl:

guys please do not follow this, this is only for MONSTERS

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
talking about wastegate... its really dumb of me not to go through turbosmart website to get a rough idea on application guide. i just hentam kromo bought the largest and it cost soooo much compared to the 38mm.... haha

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
guys it's ok to get things wrong sometimes.. but these days with technology and abundance of information easily available from the manufacturers... we can shorten the learning curve and minimise mistakes.

:driver:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
i am using small turbo with boost 0.7 bar..
what mm size should i change to wastegate ??
HEHE.. i heard from my fren..
they told me ...wastegate will cause a "furious" sound when you pick up... or reving ??
is it true ?? if yes.. i think i may get one :biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i am using small turbo with boost 0.7 bar..
what mm size should i change to wastegate ??
HEHE.. i heard from my fren..
they told me ...wastegate will cause a "furious" sound when you pick up... or reving ??
is it true ?? if yes.. i think i may get one :biggrin:
nop he was wrong
wastegate doesnt make any sound
leaking any exhaust to atmo makes noise

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
but turbo smart waste gate sound not bad,if u boost 2bar will sa sa sa~~~~~~~~~olso stable:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

?

Want to find the clear type one....

i know whoever do the CF bonnet will cover the top with this item..

but i dono where to find this item la???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience