Wastegate Explained.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Ok need some clarification here.I was driving a turbocharged 4g93t with tdo5 a few years back.conversion was not done by me.It runs with a BOV and wastegate.
I also read that u guys said something about running just on wastegate without BOV.Can explain pls?Like consequences of running a wastegate with and without a BOV.:wavey:

Bump: Ok need some clarification here.I was driving a turbocharged 4g93t with tdo5 a few years back.conversion was not done by me.It runs with a BOV and wastegate.
I also read that u guys said something about running just on wastegate without BOV.Can explain pls?Like consequences of running a wastegate with and without a BOV.:wavey:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
everycar needs a internal/external wastegate, unless ur car is a n/a
everycar needs a bov , unless ur car is a diesel or n/a or antilag fitted car

hehehehe, sounds so "kurang ajar" hahahahahah

running a car without a wastegate and bov, nothing will happen unless you boost
running a car without a wastegate and bov, but your have a boost cut , you will get boost cut la bt damage your turbo
running a car without a wastegate , bov and boostcut , bye bye engine , u just blew it , u r welcome to collect your pistons from beside the road
running a car without a wastegate but with a bov, you will reach boostcut , but release air at boostcut
running a car with a wastegate but without a bov , you will reach correct boost levels , but wont release air on pedal release, damaging the turbo in long run

running a china wastegate , u get wht u pay for , but ehem, research properly, they are giving WONDERFULL warranty and CHEAP priced diapfram , so why worry ? :D , just hope u dont overboost eh

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Ok need some clarification here.I was driving a turbocharged 4g93t with tdo5 a few years back.conversion was not done by me.It runs with a BOV and wastegate.

Bump: Ok need some clarification here.I was driving a turbocharged 4g93t with tdo5 a few years back.conversion was not done by me.It runs with a BOV and wastegate.
wei wei wei... u sound bo song only....

who say use wastegate and no need to use BOV..? wastegate system is for you exhaust gas discharge purpose, a blow off valve is for the freshed compressed air discharged...

2 different system... It's like saying using intercooler and don;t use radiator... Kenot rite...?

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Heheh thank u thank u my mind very clear d like KL sky without haze.Cos i had a look at the engine setup of some cars which have wastegate but no BOV.guess they gonna have some problems in the long run la:biggrin:
I only know how to drive a car with a :slug: on steriods but still learning about force induction.last time i very gentle.then slowly slowly kena poison now like to force everything in.i mean air la.what u guys thinkin:rofl:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Maybe they are using blow in or bypass valve... Which is not so noticeable if they are stock. But i think most of the ppl having a turbo ride is for the BOV sound...

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Yup i have seen a bypass valve or a BIV as my transplanted engine come with it.I'm now using an aftermarket BIV as i heard some quarters who says that stock GSR better to use BIV.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Yup i have seen a bypass valve or a BIV as my transplanted engine come with it.I'm now using an aftermarket BIV as i heard some quarters who says that stock GSR better to use BIV.
Actually for turbo charged cars with MAF sensor, it's better to use BIV as it eliminate the problem of engine stalling after blow off once a white...

However, it also reduces the sound and it recycles the air. But most of the ppl would prefer the sound... Haha...

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
wei wei wei... u sound bo song only....

It's like saying using intercooler and don;t use radiator... Kenot rite...?
hahaha...this is funny hehehe..Well, maybe in general perception if got no pishh, kapishhh, ching, pish kru kru kru "sound" means no BOV la...:biggrin:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Actually for turbo charged cars with MAF sensor, it's better to use BIV as it eliminate the problem of engine stalling after blow off once a white...

However, it also reduces the sound and it recycles the air. But most of the ppl would prefer the sound... Haha...
Ah got it.now choosing a bov as have been hearing the flutter from the biv long enough.hehe gatal again.

-sky-

Known Member
Apr 2, 2006
good topic that was discussed here...

Ah got it.now choosing a bov as have been hearing the flutter from the biv long enough.hehe gatal again.

but i wan to know the meaning of BIV here...
please explain..... thanks:confused:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
if i were to run my own drag setup... i wont have bov fitted as i will run on auto and spl compressor housing. dun wanna have leaking consequences

Mivec559

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
hmmm..i wanna ask..
im driving a mivec 4G93 DOHC but not going to install turbo in it..
if i use BOV and wastegate and wad will happen?
my fren who works as a foreman..he says that dun install BOV..if installed..my engine will lose boost when run..is it true?

Last edited:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
naturally aspirated engines don't build boost, so you won't need a BOV, hence you won't loose power too.

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
hmmm..i wanna ask..
im driving a mivec 4G93 DOHC but not going to install turbo in it..
if i use BOV and wastegate and wad will happen?
my fren who works as a foreman..he says that dun install BOV..if installed..my engine will lose boost when run..is it true?
Bro, no offence but I respect your 'foreman' friend for giving you that answer.... :adore:
I wonder which workshop hired him hehehe.....

And no, you don't need them. You won't even have to think of it... :)
(until you turbocharge your engine of course...)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo members,

my gf Sony Ericsson juz kena 'rampas' by a motor in front of Setapak Ria Condo..Setapak here juz now..

HP is Sony Erisccon W550i the latest walkman handphone....the casing is white color and it is original set...

juz 4 days old so it look 100% new

IMEI number is 35744200-425312-9

Let me know if anyone found this...thanks

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience