Need Advise for Tial Wastegate

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
I am looking forward to get a Tial 38mm wastegate, but it came with "bar" standard. 0.5 bar and 1bar...now how do i determine which to get?

oly

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Lumut
Visit site
im using 0.5 bar one...first n second gear is nice...almost no spin...on bridgestone re001 and td05h 20g...but 3rd gear is lemau a bit...dunno why...maybe my car...and im selling my wastegate with banana for rm1.4k...plug n play for evo n vr4 with standard td turbine...

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
I am looking forward to get a Tial 38mm wastegate, but it came with "bar" standard. 0.5 bar and 1bar...now how do i determine which to get?
using stndard actuator how many 'bar' did you boost your car?it will roughly show the spring pressure that you needed....

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
wht spring rate to buy, its simple
buy wht minimum boost u would like to run

0.6bar spring can be turned to run at 1bar with boost controller
but there is no way u can make a 1bar spring to open up at 0.6bar

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
wht spring rate to buy, its simple
buy wht minimum boost u would like to run

0.6bar spring can be turned to run at 1bar with boost controller
but there is no way u can make a 1bar spring to open up at 0.6bar
Jin,

As always your explanation is good. This makes sense with irreversible boost changes..hehe.i will not be running as low as 0.5 bar, but will run from 0.8bar for normal driving or as high as 1.5bar of boost pressure for "sport" driving. So, can 0.5bar spring withstand 1.5bar of boost shall i tuned it with my Electronic boost Controller?

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
im using 0.5 bar one...first n second gear is nice...almost no spin...on bridgestone re001 and td05h 20g...but 3rd gear is lemau a bit...dunno why...maybe my car...and im selling my wastegate with banana for rm1.4k...plug n play for evo n vr4 with standard td turbine...

if you want to sell your wastegate cheap cheap can la...hahaha..anyway i think wastegate has nothing to do with your 1st 2nd 3rd gear response. There are so many more factors that contribute to this. Wastegate is a gate that dumps all the waste gas into atmosphere...

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
do consider a Turbosmart 38mm..smaller and lighter and flows better...single piece CNC valve for strength and precision.

http://www.autojunctions.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=59&func=view&id=321&catid=57

cheers~
Thanks SDF. Turbosmart will be in my consideration list too, but i wonder why the "pricing" is tad bit higher compare to Tial? Since this two is the most wanted wastegate in the market, perhaps price strategy should be nearer? Anyway just my cents ok..

perhaps in future you can bring in something called "Synapse" to Malaysia? :)

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
prices are retail.. i'm sure our Dealer will make you a deal when you visit them :idea:

as for Synapse..well..good stuffs..will the average consumer pay ? and with 2 outstanding brands dominating the market...well... you guys know the equation. :hmmmm:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
better to use a boost controller to manage the boost level settings.

grab a 0.5 bar wastegate and it'll hold fine even if u run it to 1.5bar.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Thanks SDF. Turbosmart will be in my consideration list too, but i wonder why the "pricing" is tad bit higher compare to Tial? Since this two is the most wanted wastegate in the market, perhaps price strategy should be nearer? Anyway just my cents ok..

perhaps in future you can bring in something called "Synapse" to Malaysia? :)
Actually Tial is nothing consider expensive comparing to thailand or chicken brand, of course tial is expensive... Compare with HKS, Tial has got no where to stand....

Tial is more of a affordable wastegate. that's why it's so popular....

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
prices are retail.. i'm sure our Dealer will make you a deal when you visit them :idea:

as for Synapse..well..good stuffs..will the average consumer pay ? and with 2 outstanding brands dominating the market...well... you guys know the equation. :hmmmm:
Ok then. I will pay your dealer for a visit....:)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can someone please teach me how to spray engine head cover.:retarded:

what type of cleaning products should i use for oil free surface?
what type of paint to use?

thanks a lot....:embaressed_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience