Need advise/guide on acuator or ext wastegate for 612ATT

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Hi guys, I'm in the middle of changing to TT engine from the original troublesome engine/GB for my perdana V6. I don't know am I solving the original problem or just created a new ones with the new engine replaced. I hope not. Everything else about the replacement engine was fine for me except the 2 pcs actuator that stick to each of the T025 turbine.

Picture as shown above. I tried to move it with my bare hand but they hardly move. Actually I have been searching/asking around ZTH about the possibility of changing the actuator to external wastegate. Lots of views saying it's rather a nightmare to fit the ext wastegate for the back turbine near the firewall. no space . Fitting 2 pcs external wastegate was my first choice. If you had done this on TT engine please share here about what brand/size and where to do the job. Because this is actually what I wanted to do.

I still have strong feeling that I need to change the actuator either to ext wastegate or to the same one but new ones. I can't afford to see my engine kebaboom on the first week after engine conversion. Further more i'm tend to have a stable boost system for years. Finding out that ext wastegate is hard to fit, I'm now going for actuator. Due to my lack of knowledge, i appreciate if you can share what brand and where to do the job/buy that thing. I heard lot of HKS actuator but with higher spring rate. Can you exactly tell a place i can go and have a look.I would like to have 0.5 bar spring rate if possible.It's enough for my daily driving. I'm looking for a good workmanship shop.

thanks very much!!

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

additional pic

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
i dunno if theres space to put WG but then Malaysia boleh ... i think if u have clearance issues just go get actuators from other turbos ... such as those from RHF4 (cut and weld)... or this ... Turbo actuator 1.5 bar universal - Accessories & Parts for sale Kelantan - Mudah.my

if WG i think u would need 2 of then ... :) plus stock spring usually comes at 0.7bar ... u might have to buy 0.5bar springs at Tong or sumwhere else ... :)

Happy Modding ...

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
bro thanks for the link. shade some hope there. I just need to ask the seller whether he has 0.5 bar spring for that actuator. JASMA brand anyone ever used it before?

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

It's hard to find actuator that can be used. Only left with JASMA . but the price justifies the quality..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bro thanks for the link. shade some hope there. I just need to ask the seller whether he has 0.5 bar spring for that actuator. JASMA brand anyone ever used it before?

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

It's hard to find actuator that can be used. Only left with JASMA . but the price justifies the quality..
i got taiwan made aftermarket actuator......pm me if interested

about the wastegate, if u really wan to use, it can be weld at bottom....35mm or 38mm is fine

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
i dunno if theres space to put WG but then Malaysia boleh ... i think if u have clearance issues just go get actuators from other turbos ... such as those from RHF4 (cut and weld)... or this ... Turbo actuator 1.5 bar universal - Accessories & Parts for sale Kelantan - Mudah.my

if WG i think u would need 2 of then ... :) plus stock spring usually comes at 0.7bar ... u might have to buy 0.5bar springs at Tong or sumwhere else ... :)

Happy Modding ...
http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/2009BrochureTiAL.pdf

The TIAL brought into malaysia is so far 0.7bars stock.

JASMA is a Malaysian brand. In actual fact, JASMA is a council in Japan on the emission approval for exhaust. Coincidently, a malaysian vendor likes the name and established his own brand call JASMA.

So far, the smallest wastegate is TIAL MVS. Please refer to the catalogue. If u wanna install 2 wastegates, i think there are ways. But can u show me the turbine outlet flange..?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

Happy Modding ...
http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/2009BrochureTiAL.pdf

The TIAL brought into malaysia is so far 0.7bars stock.

JASMA is a Malaysian brand. In actual fact, JASMA is a council in Japan on the emission approval for exhaust. Coincidently, a malaysian vendor likes the name and established his own brand call JASMA.

So far, the smallest wastegate is TIAL MVS. Please refer to the catalogue. If u wanna install 2 wastegates, i think there are ways. But can u show me the turbine outlet flange..?

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
speed2horizon, 0.7 bar still ok for my default driving. I went to the mech last saturday but he did'nt open the turbo. i cant take the turbo flange pic. My car will be on the road expected this coming thursday. the day i went to workshop the engine still lying outside just finish install new timing belt & waterpum. I was thinking this afternoon going to the workshop take both manifold and send to welder to weld the wastegate. But it will delay the car's work progress. I rather wait longer time then later found out that i need to change the actuator. might as well i do it now. issit possible. where to buy the tial bTW?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You’ve no doubt been reading a lot of news about Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur across the digital pages on Zerotohundred recently. This is clear indication of their steadily growing presence here in Malaysia. Yesterday saw the official launch of their new 3S center (Sales, Service, Spare parts) in Glenmarie, Malaysia; a key ingredient of Automobili Lamborghini’s...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience