Wastegate Explained.

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Tial wastegate = 800-850
To remove the flap + port the turbine housing = 180-250
New exhaust O2 housing + piping modification =300-400

that's the rough costing of the $$$ u gonna spend.

Or u go for the cheap way. Cut the hole on ur manifold. Weld a pipe on the manifold to the wastegate, then close the flap on the turbine housing and weld the actuation lever. And there u go.

But if the tahi welding drop into ur exhaust manifold, there goes ur turbine fins. Unless the installer very detail n knock out all the shit completely. Then, it's ok.

hahahah....self make ka sifu? good thing happen....my client already bank in my money....i got around 2.1k.....

i got a quatation form rev performance shop....here the list...
1) Tial Wategate - Original - rm790
2) Turbo Manifold(4g63 rvr) - rm680
3) Original SARD Fuel Regulator - rm380

total rm1850

Jian Hiang can pasang for me ka? upah pasang is around $$$$?

one more thing....can recomand me turbine? better with TD04HL.....better price n performance... TQ taiko....sure i belanja u nnti....hehehe :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
This t28 turbo is water n oil cooled. So water line very important if u r going to use ur car to travel long distance. If turbo overheated, byebye...
Hehe..I just throw to my foreman do it.. I think is fine ~~ :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

hahahah....self make ka sifu? good thing happen....my client already bank in my money....i got around 2.1k.....

total rm1850

one more thing....can recomand me turbine? better with TD04HL.....better price n performance... TQ taiko....sure i belanja u nnti....hehehe :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Get a TD05 la...... damn nice !!
Sure wont regret !!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006

total rm1850

looks like u gonna spend everything for the wastegate instalation. Lolz... Well the price given was inclusive of installation.

Fuel pressure regulator get works ok ady. No need sard.
Tial good price u've got.
But I don't recommend china banana. Quality ss banana will crack in time. China's manifold kah? Will last u maybe 1/2 year. If lucky I mean. Use back ur standard manifold. Or look for evo 3 manifold. Got nitrate content. Won't crack even hot hot kena water. Call century autoparts. He'll give u good price. Lolz....

Mod the turbine housing la. Better. I don't have a choice because my turbo wastegate outlet n turbine outlet not separated.

Or do it like the picture I sent u via mms. Tell him not to vent back to the exhaust. Then remember to ask the fatty Eric to ketuk the end of the wastepipe.

Hehe..I just throw to my foreman do it.. I think is fine ~~ :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Get a TD05 la...... damn nice !!
Sure wont regret !!
agreed. Evo 1 is also nice. Cause not too heavy. Evo 3 is abit big. But still no problem with a 2.0 stroke. Difference is only rm200.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
wow..seem like alot people love to heard wastegate wastepipe sound :)
And..you keep advice people ketuk ke bawah :biggrin: Hehe !!
Get a Cast Manifold !! sure wont regret ..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
wow..seem like alot people love to heard wastegate wastepipe sound :)
And..you keep advice people ketuk ke bawah :biggrin: Hehe !!
Get a Cast Manifold !! sure wont regret ..
Even my friend whom initially wanted a silent killer also can't resist the temptation of the sound... ended up install the external downpipe... Hehe...

His car can't even see the intercooler...

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Even my friend whom initially wanted a silent killer also can't resist the temptation of the sound... ended up install the external downpipe... Hehe...

His car can't even see the intercooler...
Wow...your fren really be sillent killer... intercooler also hidden it :biggrin:
If is me... I think everbody also show out their intercooler + blow off + wastegate...
This is call Turbo car ma... Hehe !! :thefinger:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Wow...your fren really be sillent killer... intercooler also hidden it :biggrin:
If is me... I think everbody also show out their intercooler + blow off + wastegate...
That's ur point of view ms. Like to show off... Lolz.... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Hehe !! :) Bro..Yesterday I suddenly have a nightmare of wastepipe.....
My turbo manifold is behind the engine...If put wastepipe point floor...then if people follow my back...they will see the PIPE from back ??! :saint: :biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hehe !! :) Bro..Yesterday I suddenly have a nightmare of wastepipe.....
My turbo manifold is behind the engine...If put wastepipe point floor...then if people follow my back...they will see the PIPE from back ??! :saint: :biggrin:
Tailo ah... Not all the way to the floor la... Slightly lower than the lower arm enuf lo... Just make sure the hot gas won't kena anypart of ur car body n wiring ok jor.

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
same here...soon i'll tebok my engine bonet then expose the bov.... :rofl:

td05 20g or 16g?.....bro kenny senang crita i'll sent my car to jian hiang laaa....wanna self make but i dont have a proper tools..... :listen:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
same here...soon i'll tebok my engine bonet then expose the bov.... :rofl:

td05 20g or 16g?.....bro kenny senang crita i'll sent my car to jian hiang laaa....wanna self make but i dont have a proper tools..... :listen:
Haha !! tebok behind exhaust there la !! If next time your car get "tiong"...can spray out the wastepipe to them !!:rofl:
Get a TD05 16g... & cheaper ......

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Haha !! tebok behind exhaust there la !! If next time your car get "tiong"...can spray out the wastepipe to them !!:rofl:
Get a TD05 16g... & cheaper ......
Ur exhaust gas is anytime more than the wastepipe. So, what's the point of having a ling wastepipe all the way to the back? Td05 16g is not cheap wo... 1.2k wo~~~.

Pampers, I din mention diy le... All the price I mentioned to u is what ppl normally charge. Just talk to ah wah... Tell him wad u want. He'll settle for u.

pampersdry

Known Member
Nov 13, 2009
pahang
Ur exhaust gas is anytime more than the wastepipe. So, what's the point of having a ling wastepipe all the way to the back? Td05 16g is not cheap wo... 1.2k wo~~~.

Pampers, I din mention diy le... All the price I mentioned to u is what ppl normally charge. Just talk to ah wah... Tell him wad u want. He'll settle for u.
lol.....i thought self make....hahahaha....ok....maybe next week kot i go..... my car sunddently sempot daaaa..... don know wheater the bov bocor or the clucth plate....hahaha :banghead::banghead:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
lol.....i thought self make....hahahaha....ok....maybe next week kot i go..... my car sunddently sempot daaaa..... don know wheater the bov bocor or the clucth plate....hahaha :banghead::banghead:
Nov bocor the boost will fluctuate abit. Ur rvr auto or mannual?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is it true tht thick plug cables would create EMI(if i'm not mistaken) when spark which will interfere with our car's electronics component?

hope sifus can give some guides n experience cause i'm thinking to change it to a thicker plug cable...

thanks
:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience