Satria Neo CPS problem

Jan 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello everybody...i just got my neo cps for a few day...and very tempting to rev the car...but it stated in the manual that you need to wait after 1k km or first service to do so ....anyway some of the forummers doesnt believe it that way.....just need the sifu opinion on this....my car just clocked around 500km....anybody can share some info on this.....thank you all in advance...by the way im driving an AT....:driver:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Very sorry to hear bro.

Proton cars,early batches always fXXXed up.

Use customer as guinea pigs then after many customers complaint they will fix the problem in the next batch.
What you expect from Proton?
Other cars also have problems, i agree, but not as much as proton.
Sorry to hear about this bro. Next time make a better choice.

weng'87

Feb 9, 2010
Putrajaya
i'm satria neo cps owner..i don't have any prob about wht you said b4..
but i have prob with my camber..they don't install it properly..when cornering there's a knocking sound came out..even at 20km/h..aihh..
but it's ok now..

i got 200km/h without any prob (sound or something like that) n it can go further.. :rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

then that..

Feb 10, 2010
Selangor
Hi Guys,

I'm owned a Neo CPS for 7 months now. Only had problems with the knocking sound. I was told that one of the control arm hits the chassis. Anyway, everything else is fine. Some info about revving hard for new engines. New engines needs to be "break in" first before the engine reaches it's optimum state.No engine in this world that does not require break in before revving hard. Even small engine like the rc engines also need to be break in. Why we need that is because when the engine is manufactured, there are rough surfaces between the bearings, cylinder wall, tolerances between the moving components. So it needs to go through some break in sequence before revving hard. From what i have learn, there are two ways of break in, soft and hard break in. Soft break in is kinda a sequence where we put some low load to the engine, and rev from low speed to high speed and then finally higher load and high speed after few hundred kilometers. At the dyno, the engine was supposed to be break in around more than 15hours, before the torque and power achieves the maximum value. After that all the valve and valve seat, the cylinder wall, etc will fit together. By then, the engine should met the performance requirement by Proton.

For the hard break in, it's something employed by some racing teams, they said "to run it hard, break it hard". It's still unclear which method is the best for durability. I don't believe this method will give time for the components to reach it's tolerances. Anyway, from my personal view, soft break in should slowly fit the engine components, it will also increases the engine life. The first few services is also critical, where the engine oil need to be changes because some residues from the components is left in the oil, that is why i needs regular change until the engine is fully fit. If you use metal detecting measuring devices and measure the engine oil, you could detect the residue from the engine component.

Sorry for the long story. Hehe. For my car i didnt rev it hard until few hundred kilometers. Now it's already good to rev hard..

Z

z4ngetsu

hey peeps. are you neo cps owners all having the manual version? anyone using the auto version? are the difference between the two variables that obvious?

Feb 10, 2010
Selangor
hey peeps. are you neo cps owners all having the manual version? anyone using the auto version? are the difference between the two variables that obvious?
Hye,
As usual Auto transmission will have less 20-30% of the original torque that is transmitted to the wheels if compared to manual transmission. Comparing neo cps auto and manual, you might not feel the difference when the cps and vim activated due to the power loss due to transmission. However, comparing it to a non cps campro, it is much better at lower speed. Even though there is significant loss of power, but that doesn't mean the transmission is not good. It's just the nature of power delivery to the wheels.

Some might say, don't buy auto cps. "Rugi lah power of the cps".. That is not true at all. At least you get some power increase during the low engine speeds when compared to the non cps campro. In fact you get more, Comfort.

I myself drove a manual CPS. I'm in love with manual transmission, but SOMETIMES i do feel auto wins at some areas in city driving.

Cheers

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
To all:

Hi guys, i'm new around here. i just own my white Neo CPS auto about 3 weeks, on the first week found out that the sound of the engine suffering, sound's like 30 years old car, send back to SC and they said the main power cable that connect to the core battery is lose and not been screw so that the engine cannot attract the electric from it. so far not much problem 'yet'. hahaha.:rolleyes:

there is some question that i'm wondering...
1. Did the Neo cps has central locking?
2. My car can only reaches 140KM/h no matter how i accelerate, is there any speed limiter inside neo cps? Or my ECU having problem....
3. If i adding the strut bar will it effected the warranty? Any recommend brand, R3 or Ultra racing?

thanks~:biggrin:
1. it comes standard with your alarm and immobilizer. in fact auto lock when u release yr handbrake. and auto unlock when u off yr engine/ignition.
2. for new car, u need to run in 1st - try do it again after 5000km or more.....if u really wanna accelerate to top speed, do it slowly, rolling start and gradually increase the speed, but it might spoilt yr engine, coz the lube in it is very concentrate for brand new engine, u might stress yr engine.
3. it depends, if yr car hit a curb and bent the absorber strut, then it might void yr suspension warranty, due to no free play to absorb the impact. other warranty still ok...

hope my little opinion helps.

Hey guys, Ive had my cps white manual for about 2 months now and luckily I havn't got any major problems so far ... the only issue was that my wiper was hitting on the side and needed to be adjusted, and mair air con compressor is making noise. Warranty is covering these problems with no issues. My car can easily go up to 160kmh and I went up to 185kmh so far. I hear a small ratling sound from my engine when at idle ... I wounder if thats normal ... ? Anyways so far I love my car, the handling is just too much fun. I wish the cps could open earlier than 4500rpm though
wiper blade/handle can be adjust to better angle, svc ctr can do it. if u on max blower speed, u will heard bit loud sound..blower is strong, same goes to persona, gen2 & saga. rattling sound, pls send to svc ctr to check...usually idling, u can hear the radiator fan....

hello everybody...i just got my neo cps for a few day...and very tempting to rev the car...but it stated in the manual that you need to wait after 1k km or first service to do so ....anyway some of the forummers doesnt believe it that way.....just need the sifu opinion on this....my car just clocked around 500km....anybody can share some info on this.....thank you all in advance...by the way im driving an AT....:driver:
the new engine installed and filled up with some concentrated lube, to run in the engine, u need to at least change the engine oil at 1000km to enable u to rev up the car. if not u might damage the engine by stressing it before 1000km. the best is after 10,000km, u can try redline it....u can achieve best performance after 3rd svc....just my personal experience driving more than 10 proton.

i'm satria neo cps owner..i don't have any prob about wht you said b4..
but i have prob with my camber..they don't install it properly..when cornering there's a knocking sound came out..even at 20km/h..aihh..
but it's ok now..

i got 200km/h without any prob (sound or something like that) n it can go further.. :rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

then that..
200km or above, i never tried in cps neo but i tried in gen2 campro manual 1st generation...it hit 210km at nkve...... so i believe cps is similar top end but better acceleration and less stress.
new car, the alignment, balancing or camber is not fix, just on original point when installed, if its not properly adjusted, u can go to proton svc ctr before the mileage touches 800km...if not u have to pay for it. i heard same goes to other marque.....correct me if i am wrong...just my 2cents.
Hi Guys,

I'm owned a Neo CPS for 7 months now. Only had problems with the knocking sound. I was told that one of the control arm hits the chassis. Anyway, everything else is fine. Some info about revving hard for new engines. New engines needs to be "break in" first before the engine reaches it's optimum state.No engine in this world that does not require break in before revving hard. Even small engine like the rc engines also need to be break in. Why we need that is because when the engine is manufactured, there are rough surfaces between the bearings, cylinder wall, tolerances between the moving components. So it needs to go through some break in sequence before revving hard. From what i have learn, there are two ways of break in, soft and hard break in. Soft break in is kinda a sequence where we put some low load to the engine, and rev from low speed to high speed and then finally higher load and high speed after few hundred kilometers. At the dyno, the engine was supposed to be break in around more than 15hours, before the torque and power achieves the maximum value. After that all the valve and valve seat, the cylinder wall, etc will fit together. By then, the engine should met the performance requirement by Proton.

For the hard break in, it's something employed by some racing teams, they said "to run it hard, break it hard". It's still unclear which method is the best for durability. I don't believe this method will give time for the components to reach it's tolerances. Anyway, from my personal view, soft break in should slowly fit the engine components, it will also increases the engine life. The first few services is also critical, where the engine oil need to be changes because some residues from the components is left in the oil, that is why i needs regular change until the engine is fully fit. If you use metal detecting measuring devices and measure the engine oil, you could detect the residue from the engine component.

Sorry for the long story. Hehe. For my car i didnt rev it hard until few hundred kilometers. Now it's already good to rev hard..
1000km above and after changing the oil will be the best...
auto & manual shares the same performance, except auto a bit lack in acceleration.....

Z

z4ngetsu

Guess I'll just have to test drive both of them to decide. Any other auto transmission cps owner around here? Or those who have tried both transmissions, mind to give more opinion?

fusionnetx

Sep 26, 2009
Selangor
mind sharing the mods??:biggrin::biggrin:
My friend (ONLY tuned) neo CPS in his workshop and tested with satria GTI (standard).
Even CPS is 1.6 still can "tapaw" (Pickup & Long) GTI 1.8

This is because is the CPS system although horsepower is lower >20hp then GTI

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
My friend (ONLY tuned) neo CPS in his workshop and tested with satria GTI (standard).
Even CPS is 1.6 still can "tapaw" (Pickup & Long) GTI 1.8

This is because is the CPS system although horsepower is lower >20hp then GTI
really did'nt understand your point:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,was wondering,bonnest wif scratches can it be fix by spraying a clear coat on it?any anybody ever done tht....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience