4G92 Satria starter problem

jebatdex

Known Member

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Hi all

My car having problem to start, especially when the engine is still hot. When i try to start, it gives 'tick' sound. I tried a few times, cannot also. Then, need to wait for a while, try again... Then finally the engine starts. Morning (or when I leave the car quite some time until the engine cool), never has problem at all.

My friend said it is the starter problem. Yeah, it is 18 year old car and starter never get changed.

Please help to verify this problem.

Thanks all :burnout:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi all

My car having problem to start, especially when the engine is still hot. When i try to start, it gives 'tick' sound. I tried a few times, cannot also. Then, need to wait for a while, try again... Then finally the engine starts. Morning (or when I leave the car quite some time until the engine cool), never has problem at all.

My friend said it is the starter problem. Yeah, it is 18 year old car and starter never get changed.

Please help to verify this problem.

Thanks all :burnout:
Get the starter serviced. Check the carbon on the motor. After service add a relay to the starter. Probably starter dirty, carbon worn and/or wires high resistance already. I more or less have same problem with you. Just got it service and added the relay about two weeks back. So far so good....:driver:

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Check if your key switch is good condition.
Try to swap a battery (or jump start) to see if battery is healthy.
I had the same issue but ended up its the starter switch (attached to the starter) which is rusty inside.
Changed that switch including servicing the starter for RM100 all in.
Been almost a year now and no such issue re-occur.
Root of my car's problem is went thru head-lamp height flood for about 10minutes (yeah you can say I'm dead lucky as my car did not stall and I didn't drive into a monsoon drain!). Ended with dead drive shafts and starter problem.

jebatdex

Known Member

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
OK.. so i will get the starter service tomorrow.. hehe.. together with change oil sekali lah thanks guys

jebatdex

Known Member

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
The mechanic that I always go, he said he do not do starter service. If problem, just change to recond or new one. Aiyo

Guys, where do you get your starter serviced? please let me know, if it is around klang valley, shud be ok. Shah Alam is better because I live here. Or maybe, you know someone who can do the starter service nearby.

Thanks all!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The mechanic that I always go, he said he do not do starter service. If problem, just change to recond or new one. Aiyo

Guys, where do you get your starter serviced? please let me know, if it is around klang valley, shud be ok. Shah Alam is better because I live here. Or maybe, you know someone who can do the starter service nearby.

Thanks all!
A halfcut starter isn't expensive mah. A recon one also is relatively cheap. Servicing will cost almost as much as a recon

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A halfcut starter isn't expensive mah. A recon one also is relatively cheap. Servicing will cost almost as much as a recon
Service should be cheaper then recon unit, if just clean only. Unless need to change many parts. But if condition is good probably need to change carbon only. Mine they just clean and assemble back.
I insist on the relay cable to be added since already at it....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Thanks all!
Pm you already. See if convenient to go or not....:driver:

Known Member

Known Member
Apr 2, 2012
Nilai
Hi guys..just to share about starter service...
There is one shop in Taman Perindustrian Kinrara Puchong that can service starter, alternator and any wiring with a good workmanship at a reasonable price...
Go there a few times already and the owner is very nice.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I love to experiment over the engine, gearbox, suspension systems, intake and exhaust systems (many of these are in the past)
I was at auto shop today (from home went across the whole town at 7th March to buy gifts and presents), went there, especially at the same time was looking for slush, found)) bought today, and, so for not waiting for too long I filled it directly near the shop!

Everything is on the photo and video...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience