Saga BLM Problem

Dec 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm driving 2008 saga BLM. Recently my car is having a problem. When i' m driving suddenly the rpm drop and the gear indicator that shows D,N,L becomes - and luckily the engine start a second later. Sometimes the engine went off during idling. I bring my car to Proton service center and they said the live wire did not touch the body of the car. Later that night the problem arise again. I then go to another service center to done a computerize diagnostic and error code P0101 pop out which is 'manifold pressure not plausible'.

Is it the MAP SENSOR problem or just the wiring problem? If i change the sensor what if the real problem is the wiring. How to confirm the real problem was? Seem that the foremen at SC also not so sure on my problem. Please help..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm driving 2008 saga BLM. Recently my car is having a problem. When i' m driving suddenly the rpm drop and the gear indicator that shows D,N,L becomes - and luckily the engine start a second later. Sometimes the engine went off during idling. I bring my car to Proton service center and they said the live wire did not touch the body of the car. Later that night the problem arise again. I then go to another service center to done a computerize diagnostic and error code P0101 pop out which is 'manifold pressure not plausible'.

Is it the MAP SENSOR problem or just the wiring problem? If i change the sensor what if the real problem is the wiring. How to confirm the real problem was? Seem that the foremen at SC also not so sure on my problem. Please help..
Which SC u went to? Can try to go at different SC to check again. I'm not sure about the
problem either but did you change anything lately? or done anything to the car?

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006

most probably the wiring has broken.
need to check manually which wire and replace/reconnect the wire.

my viva last time the gear indicator was blinking [ ] without showing any gear position.
went to service centre and they said the ground wire at the AT below is not connected properly/loose.so they rectified it FOC since under warranty and no issue until now. :driver:

zulequip

Dec 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i went to several SC. First EON Glenmarie : they said the live wire (i guess..) is not touching the body. They fix it. That night the same problem happen again. Second Proton SC Selayang : They can't do and ask me to leave my car for inspection (i refuse since i dont have spare car).Third another proton SC in Selayang : They replace the camshaft sensor, spark plug and ask me to fill up Shell V Power racing. The next day the same happen. I went back to them and they suspect my fuel tank is clogged with some particle and need my fuel tank to be replace and i refused.

NOw i'm confuse what is really the main problem. For the record this problem happen since the first day i pick up my car for the first time from the sales gallery. Then i bring back my car back to them (at Mutiara Damansara SC) and they said no error during the diagnostic.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

One more thing, this problem happen when i drive for a long run (around 80 km). For a short distance journey my car seem fine. I heard that if it happen during a long run it might be the coil. Is it true?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Check your ATF level and condition. Yours is the CVT type? CVT type for the FLX got this overheating problem. When it happens the engine dies off to protect the gearbox.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The late 80s and early and mid 90s are considered to be the 'golden era of motorsport', in the world of four wheels Ayrton Senna was amazing the world with his magic and a manufacturers war at the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters between Mercedes and BMW created a cult following that is still alive today.

Over the years there have been plenty of videos celebrating this 'golden era of DTM' racing and a number of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience