Satria Neo CPS problem

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So sad that this problem is so prevalent in Neo CPS's. I wonder if this jerking issue is in the Waja or Gen 2 CPS as well? They should be using the same ECU right? I am seriously thinking of getting a Neo CPS as a second car, been following this thread since it started, hoping that by 2010 this problem would've been solved....what's wrong with Proton? Seriously guys, is there no Proton SC that can solve this apart from replacing the whole ECU? Going outsider Proton SC to do tuning etc may void the warranty.

sgarrista

Jul 19, 2010
BTU/970
I already read this thread from page 1 till last page since last 2 month,
really, is it still not safe to own it now??? bcoz honestly i really want this car, but lots ( when i say lots, it do mean LOTS) of ppl told me its not worth it, what can i say, here i only ever see only 3 neo cps n never seen either gen2 or waja cps, its easiar to see city, vios, civic, plus those 4 wheel family like hilux,d-max, navara, n of coz myvi n viva, so i cant ask anyone about cps, well, i did read sumone write ppl buy neo bcoz they want it not bcoz they cant buy other car, yes, i am totally agree with it, but really, i know a lot in here own this car, you guys totally recommend buying this car or not, out of 10, hw much is ur satisfaction with 10 being very satisfied.

Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
out of 10, hw much is ur satisfaction with 10 being very satisfied.
base on just PERSONAL satisfaction? I'd give it a 6 / 7 out of 10.

apart from the common kinks, tad less than acceptable vehicle NVH & major QC/design flaws. I think that the response from the DBW 1.6 is sluggish, it lacks the punch(throttle on demand).

What I do like about S.Neo CPS is it's styling(call me ah beng, but I do like the vehicle's styling), handling & maneuverability.

sgarrista

Jul 19, 2010
BTU/970
well bro, i also do like its styling though many ppl said its fugly, i just wanna know if it really its worth it, considering the main attraction to this neo for me is its cps.

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well i did test drive the auto version a few weeks ago, all showrooms i went to didn't have the manual. i liked what i felt, the take-off was as expected a little sluggish given he weight of the car & its torque converter, but it revs up very quickly, reaching 4krpm was the same effort as reaching 2.5k rpm in my old corolla, so the car is potentially quite exciting. Handing is superb, take it from me, i once owned a BMW (once upon a time), and i can say the handling is good for a car that costs 57k. at first looks, it seems very worth it, resale value should be relatively stable too given the fact that its highly demanded by the younger crowd e.g. just like the old GTi...a 10 year old unit still holding roughly 30% of its value. But the only disturbing thing is the inherent problems like the jerking......thats whats holding me back.

sgarrista

Jul 19, 2010
BTU/970
duh... looks like need to test drive it by myself then, n i hardly have time to do that... urgh, n the jerking problem seems can be settled but dunno if any wshop around here that can do that, hurm

snowwhite neo

Jun 22, 2010
perak
I had made phone call to COE for many time but got no answer.This is related to our lovely neo cps jerking problem. I'am not in klang valley that's why i had to call first.I want to know maybe if there is a recall from proton? Anybody of cps owner that successfully solved this problem ? or many someone has a direct line to technical person that can help us to end our nightmare? If we can't solve this problem maybe we will drive this superb handling car until it become a legendary jerking car at 3800 rpm. Maybe we should go to COE together...maybe

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
I'm considering of getting a neo cps as well .. but is the jerking problem serious ? 3k rpm is my limit before I shift gears, usually around 2.5k on my toyota. So I seldom hi-rev my engine. Can CPS deliver good low/mid-end torque ? Jerking at 3.8k rpm seems bad ..

jason_mufc

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
Sungai Buloh
Well I have owned the Neo CPS manual since Feb..... it has had it's fair share of problems.... the jerking to me is not such a big problem, I only notice it when the aircon is on. When I off it and give it the beans, it's fine. Yea the car handles brilliant yes, but understeers more than a Gen2, which I previously owned..... As for CPSlover/s top speed.... well I dunno bout his car but mine's stock and I can get 190++ on highways.... even in 5th gear you can feel the CPS kick in at 160km/h... it's a nice feeling... not Vtec crazy but dudes, for the price I'm paying, this is plenty good for a car..... my only complaints are 1.) Car's really cramped.... but I'm only 24 so this is the only 2-door car I'll ever own! 2.) Driving position is poor.... the steering is kinda far and seats are too fat.... and I can't afford Recaros T_T.... 3.) When you drive a CPS Neo, everyone, I mean EVERYONE wants to race you..... wtf... on some days I just wanna take my time so I ignore these buggers.... yeah but all in all, a great drive

todacam

Jul 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
here is my story to share on the Neo CPS. sigh.
On the last Friday, i was told to collect my car. So i went over around 4pm.
The SA told me, to hold on. I asked him where the car was. He said there is some problem with the car. ????

I'm like WTF? seriously? I told him im here for a new car not a used one! he said it is indeed a new vehicle just that there is a problem with the ABS. He said he has sent the car to the service center to get it fixed. So i waited for an hour.

He came back, and told me they couldn't rectify it. I told him to bring me to the car and i talked to the mech there. So here is the problem...

The ABS warning light is lighted up. Plug in the PDT2000 reader show that the ABS motor is faulty. They have already replaced that part and reset the error code. Once they test drive the car, step on the brakes, the ABS will deactivate and out comes the warning light again. Sensors on wheel shows that is all good.

The dude at the service center is out of ideas n have resorted to call the ABS vendor which of cause is no where to be found.

So is this cool or what ? I told him i wanna get a new car, but that is not possible cause the car has been registered to me. Anyone facing any ABS issue for the Neo CPS ? the abs ecu is connected to the engine ecu ? or seperate unit ?

FML.

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
here is my story to share on the Neo CPS. sigh.
On the last Friday, i was told to collect my car. So i went over around 4pm.
The SA told me, to hold on. I asked him where the car was. He said there is some problem with the car. ????

I'm like WTF? seriously? I told him im here for a new car not a used one! he said it is indeed a new vehicle just that there is a problem with the ABS. He said he has sent the car to the service center to get it fixed. So i waited for an hour.

He came back, and told me they couldn't rectify it. I told him to bring me to the car and i talked to the mech there. So here is the problem...

The ABS warning light is lighted up. Plug in the PDT2000 reader show that the ABS motor is faulty. They have already replaced that part and reset the error code. Once they test drive the car, step on the brakes, the ABS will deactivate and out comes the warning light again. Sensors on wheel shows that is all good.

The dude at the service center is out of ideas n have resorted to call the ABS vendor which of cause is no where to be found.

So is this cool or what ? I told him i wanna get a new car, but that is not possible cause the car has been registered to me. Anyone facing any ABS issue for the Neo CPS ? the abs ecu is connected to the engine ecu ? or seperate unit ?

FML.
As i encountered with one of the Waja with ABS on. Same condition like your. Solution, its the relay inside the motor that is giving probs.(I'm not sure whether its the same as your poor CPS.) If they can't retify the prob, tell them change the whole ABS motor assemble again until no more coding !!

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I'm considering of getting a neo cps as well .. but is the jerking problem serious ? 3k rpm is my limit before I shift gears, usually around 2.5k on my toyota. So I seldom hi-rev my engine. Can CPS deliver good low/mid-end torque ? Jerking at 3.8k rpm seems bad ..
As i know CPS can't really give satisfying low - mid end power. I looked at the cam timing diagram, roughly can expect wats the output .......

If i'm wrong pls taiko dun blast me ah !!

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Yeah, top end is better for Neo. Need a few mods to get the low end better.

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Todacam,

You are fortunate that you have a fairly ethical sales agent who tried to fix your problem & told you about it. A really bad fella would just deliver the car to you & keep queit, its not his problem right? Wah, this is a typical and scary story, sometimes it seems like Protons are like high end continentals with advanced electrics....when you have an ABS or ECU type problem, it takes a huge effort to fix it!!!! Sounds like a BMW type problem, isn't it just a Proton? How advance is the ABS? Is the problem fixed bro?

Anyway, i still went ahead and placed a booking for the car :stupid:. For me, Waja is nice, but seriously out of date, I don't like the Gen 2 & Persona styling, the Saga is too small (cc), I don't like Peroduas and I can't afford any new car above 60k.....so its the Neo CPS, for better or for worse. Hope it works out for me :driver:.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

does anyone here recommend TRD Suspension Kit...this would be for a MyVi...the kit is being retailed for RM2500...was considering between this, Titan (RM2000) and GAB...please advise and give your personal reviews...

i have used Titan before on my kelisa and loved them...but it was rather hard...sacrificing comfort quite a bit...the goal im hoping to get is to have improved handling with reasonable comfort since the MyVi is not really meant for cornering...just want to improve...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience