Project Z - Week 25 Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
And above all, refrain from making contact with anyone no matter here or fb or phone to justify the issues as been discussed here for the past weeks.

Kevin Lee,

I believe Tom has made clear that there should be no contact with anyone to justify issues that is being discussed in the open forum and yet you PM-ed me this.

Kevin Lee said:
i believe he is your staff and contributor. i appreciate that he should know how much hard work i put into the project. i know uve deleted me and blocked me without further explanation. i knew u didnt wanted to be a part of the issues im having, but id respect that you will tell z34 to stop commenting and stay on a neutral stance. i have enough with this project. lucky you are not in my shoes, so i appreciate that you tell him to go neutral thanks

FYI, z34 is not my staff and whatever opinions he has and have said it out on this thread are his own. I also have my own reasons for deleting and blocking u, by which I do not need to explain myself. For u to ask me to tell z34 off and to explain why I deleted and blocked u are not only childish but also shows how highly u think of urself to be above others.

Owh, and please don't bother to ask anybody again for my number as I don't have any reason to speak with u on the phone.

Cheers.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
very true indeed. yes my db is also damn slow in progress. mine is mainly due to funds. my real intention for starting that thread is not to do a write up so everyone can read it or what so ever. it was for me. i have never had real experience and have no knowledge in anything about modifications of cars. so, i started the thread hoping to learn from fellow zth members as i know there are some of them here who are really knowledgeable and experienced. but never mind my project. no one in zth would give a shit about whether i am able to pull it off. lol.. even if tomorrow, i scrape the project, its totally fine. no one is answerable to anyone. right? that's the difference between project z and mine.

u have used zth in getting sponsorship not only from the ppl who is working on the car but also from forumers by asking for donations. i admit, i'm not the one who donated. but i feel for those who donated. hence, i'm asking for u to lay out the plan. let us know what are your plans. then, i'm very sure, u could improvise on it with the feedback and suggestions from ppl in this forum. leave the timeline aside, i understand that there would surely be a lot of delay especially in major projects like this. rather than planning yourself and executing yourself, i think it would be wiser that u get the opinions of other members to make things work better and maybe faster in the most cost effective way.

oh yes, maybe u will want to answer st1l's q. lol...

:smokin::smokin:
already did, lol, i posted few seconds earlier than u and another post the next one down.

yup, i did update week to week, even if it was a filler post and to advertise the sponsors who chipped in, i always allocate 1 week of the time to advertise those who has helped out. it was the correct thing to do, unfortunately it is seen to be a non constructive post, despite actually helping out the sponsor

khoyos has always assisted me in the project, as he had his hands on an rb25 built z31, prior swapping to a 2jz, he knows the inside out of the project. the rb26 is new to him, but having an rb25 before, im confident he could help me build something very similar

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Kevin Lee,

I believe Tom has made clear that there should be no contact with anyone to justify issues that is being discussed in the open forum and yet you PM-ed me this.

FYI, z34 is not my staff and whatever opinions he has and have said it out on this thread are his own. I also have my own reasons for deleting and blocking u, by which I do not need to explain myself. For u to ask me to tell z34 off and to explain why I deleted and blocked u are not only childish but also shows how highly u think of urself to be above others.

Owh, and please don't bother to ask anybody again for my number as I don't have any reason to speak with u on the phone.

Cheers.
yeah unfortunately the PM came before Tom's telephone conversation at 20:00

So I will not PM anyone anymore, after all , all its explained here.

No worries, it was just weird, considering on FB chat, you mentioned you have nothing against me and out of the sudden, you were gone. I only messaged you on FB asking the reasons, it was not answered and then straight let to block.

It's cool, I'm not going to ask anything from you. Thanks for your previous help anyways.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
I'm still no satisfied with the answer for the documentation. U can easily watermark to prevent forgery else there is smth u r trying to hide

dfws77

Known Member
Jul 9, 2010
Penang
Kev... i feel you on the transfer of ownership of the car as it was same as mine. it took me 4 months to get it transfer coz i need to on the car for it to at least pass puspakom inspection including the color. try to imagine my situation when i have paid RM19K but still the previous owner name in that card. but i believe he is more scared than me coz who knows.... i may do some robbery with that car when it's still under his name. hahahahaha!!!!! now if i gonna do transplant of the heart.. need to go inspection again and another GOD knows how much $$$ i have to spend to get it pass. i did paid x amount of $$$ for the previous inspection especially when the car sounds like hot rod.
I believe DDV has pointed a good point. Setup a plan on what is next and what's need to be done. Forget about the timeline coz shit will happen half way especially when u are getting help and sponsors doing the body work and stuff. Trust me.. i am a paying customer to do my body work and they can tell me "3 months if it's small, 6 months if it's big problem. If you rush me, then work will not be beautiful." I have to take this answer even I am paying. Do come out a brief but sufficient plan for all the forumers to see as we are keen to know too.
Continue the work and keep us posted. If you need that stuff frm me, let me know and i will have it arrange.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
1. If this project does continue, I suggest having only 1 project thread where every updates can be posted in a single thread. Having a Z31 project myself, I believe if I were to make a weekly project thread, I'd have hundreds of threads hahaha!

2. With regards to ownership transfer, sadly the car has to physically attend the puspakom inspection. Since the red z31 is not in a healthy state, it can only be done AFTER the chassis refresh, engine conversion etc. FYI, I bought my Z31 in 2004 (or was it 2005 - somewhere near there la). At that time, the road tax was expired in 2003 and the car needed to be brought for inspection before I could do ownership transfer + renew road tax. It was in a terrible mechanical condition (sound chassis but engine + gearbox already nearing death) so I kept the car kept in garage til 2007 when I had enough dough to commence the project. So my car was ONLY brought to JPJ in late 2007 for inspection (after more than 1 year expiry of road tax + RB25DET engine conversion + ownership transfer). I did this based on my own timing cos I did not have to answer to anyone. Kevin has to answer to the stakeholders (Tom & sponsors specifically and the whole ZTH crowd in general) so I would recommend giving some extra time until the car is actually fit to go into Puspakom for the necessary inspections.

I am not here to "backup" Kevin but I am here trying to be objective. I started my own Z31 project in 2007 and until today, it has yet to reach perfection. I would really like to see another Z31 reincarnated as a supercar killer disguised in a rather low-profile looking chassis. I did not have any frame of reference locally and the Z31 guys overseas' projects were made easy due to having tons of available parts. Over here, Z31 parts are very rare and requires contacts and big efforts to get things accomplished. Now that I am quite familiar with Z31's buildup, I would like to state that I will be offering my technical support with regards to any information required in starting & completing this project. If this project gets the nod from Tom & other members, I would like to suggest appointing a committee to oversee all aspects of this build.

I hope that Kevin will be able to change his attitude with regards to constantly and continuously pestering and bugging people (yeah I get that too).

I gave taxi rides to schoolchildren in our workshop's Proton Satria racecar during the big Tsunami fund-raiser in Sepang Circuit years back and I experienced first hand how EXCITED the kids were when they experienced a lap or two of SIC (albeit in an uncomfortable racing car with absolutely no creature comforts) and I hope ZTH will be able to do this when the Z31 is finally completed.

I am confident that with proper management, this project will succeed! It is sad to see the silver Z31 that is going to be butchered to make way for the red Z31 so at least let's make the death of one Z31 worth it hehehe...

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I am with khoyos, I dont know kevin and I am not taking sides either. There could have been some hiccup along the way that had lead to this. No one died, no money lost just some bruised ego and some heartache..........come on, bury the hatchet and move on.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Okay flames chilled... Time to get back to work. Work hard. Get some real progress. Make it transparent. Don't go MIA. And good luck! I believe the sponsors are eager to see their money being well spent...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Okay flames chilled... Time to get back to work. Work hard. Get some real progress. Make it transparent. Don't go MIA. And good luck! I believe the sponsors are eager to see their money being well spent...
Yeah, finally things have cooled off. Lets resume Project Z.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
why should anyone bash you? I don't think anyone is bashing anyone and not for making a suggestion. However, if you are going to do something, make sure you know what you are going to do and if it involves the public - funds, publicity etc... then be prepared for public opinion (both good and bad :)

But you definitely not going to get points for creative selection of car la. That one goes to Tengku Djan for restoring and pimping a Saga.
Haha I still havent seen that, creative selection of a car?

I think its pretty creative. Everybody builds... legendary cars. Why not make our own legend? :hmmmm: I guess its foolish in the sense where money > result, but I love doing stuff like that.

Mid-engined satria neo heheheh :driver: .

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

1. If this project does continue, I suggest having only 1 project thread where every updates can be posted in a single thread. Having a Z31 project myself, I believe if I were to make a weekly project thread, I'd have hundreds of threads hahaha!

2. With regards to ownership transfer, sadly the car has to physically attend the puspakom inspection. Since the red z31 is not in a healthy state, it can only be done AFTER the chassis refresh, engine conversion etc. FYI, I bought my Z31 in 2004 (or was it 2005 - somewhere near there la). At that time, the road tax was expired in 2003 and the car needed to be brought for inspection before I could do ownership transfer + renew road tax. It was in a terrible mechanical condition (sound chassis but engine + gearbox already nearing death) so I kept the car kept in garage til 2007 when I had enough dough to commence the project. So my car was ONLY brought to JPJ in late 2007 for inspection (after more than 1 year expiry of road tax + RB25DET engine conversion + ownership transfer). I did this based on my own timing cos I did not have to answer to anyone. Kevin has to answer to the stakeholders (Tom & sponsors specifically and the whole ZTH crowd in general) so I would recommend giving some extra time until the car is actually fit to go into Puspakom for the necessary inspections.

I am not here to "backup" Kevin but I am here trying to be objective. I started my own Z31 project in 2007 and until today, it has yet to reach perfection. I would really like to see another Z31 reincarnated as a supercar killer disguised in a rather low-profile looking chassis. I did not have any frame of reference locally and the Z31 guys overseas' projects were made easy due to having tons of available parts. Over here, Z31 parts are very rare and requires contacts and big efforts to get things accomplished. Now that I am quite familiar with Z31's buildup, I would like to state that I will be offering my technical support with regards to any information required in starting & completing this project. If this project gets the nod from Tom & other members, I would like to suggest appointing a committee to oversee all aspects of this build.

I hope that Kevin will be able to change his attitude with regards to constantly and continuously pestering and bugging people (yeah I get that too).

I gave taxi rides to schoolchildren in our workshop's Proton Satria racecar during the big Tsunami fund-raiser in Sepang Circuit years back and I experienced first hand how EXCITED the kids were when they experienced a lap or two of SIC (albeit in an uncomfortable racing car with absolutely no creature comforts) and I hope ZTH will be able to do this when the Z31 is finally completed.

I am confident that with proper management, this project will succeed! It is sad to see the silver Z31 that is going to be butchered to make way for the red Z31 so at least let's make the death of one Z31 worth it hehehe...
Actually I've got a suggestion... since we're going to have a street legal Z31, why not use the silver Z31 shell for a pure track car? :driver: Just thinking out loud, would be pretty cool to see a Z31 pulling a Z31 :proud: .

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

already did, lol, i posted few seconds earlier than u and another post the next one down.

yup, i did update week to week, even if it was a filler post and to advertise the sponsors who chipped in, i always allocate 1 week of the time to advertise those who has helped out. it was the correct thing to do, unfortunately it is seen to be a non constructive post, despite actually helping out the sponsor

khoyos has always assisted me in the project, as he had his hands on an rb25 built z31, prior swapping to a 2jz, he knows the inside out of the project. the rb26 is new to him, but having an rb25 before, im confident he could help me build something very similar

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

yeah unfortunately the PM came before Tom's telephone conversation at 20:00

So I will not PM anyone anymore, after all , all its explained here.

No worries, it was just weird, considering on FB chat, you mentioned you have nothing against me and out of the sudden, you were gone. I only messaged you on FB asking the reasons, it was not answered and then straight let to block.

It's cool, I'm not going to ask anything from you. Thanks for your previous help anyways.
Kev dont mind me asking, im just curious. What is your age? :smokin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Should make a poll

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro's so sorry ah, just wanted to ask devious17, that profile pic chick, is that a chick from M'sia? or random pic of the net :vroam:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Addressed to Kevin Lee:

This, I need to step in.

Firstly, I did not disallow Kevin Lee from posting on the forums. I specifically said not to post any further regarding the Z project if there isn't a concrete update referring to the "Speedzone Motorsport" article which had been a terrible mess.

And above all, refrain from making contact with anyone no matter here or fb or phone to justify the issues as been discussed here for the past weeks.

Kevin Lee: As i've mentioned before, please do not mince my words for your benefit. You have again been told at 2000hrs today. You have also agreed to come in to face the issues as underlined by the forummers. Please act as agreed.
I am not commenting. I am speaking to myself out loud.

With reference to the above bolded in red, a logical person can instantly throw the word 'integrity' out the window.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Okay, we all know boring and stroking can add extra capacity to our engines.

One famous kit is the stroker kit. We know just by boring the engine alone we cannot increase much in cc, as the space between cylinders just isnt enough.

On the other hand, if we stroke it, we make the engine a longer stroke engine, therefore at times killing revving capabilities. Engine rebore, however, delays response.

I wanna ask your professional oppinions on this matter.
Is it really worth stroking up the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience