Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
tom disallow me from posting on main page
thats the reason i cant answer the thread
the issues came from donation money dispute
i mean one thing i was angry was josh posting a personal photo of me on zth , how would u feel if someone posted a photo of u with ur gf, on the forum and be left to trolled and bashed?
im not trying to say u are a traitor, but u should have least consulted me, i mean whymake things worst when u can stay neutral
sorry i just read the post in the forum, sorry i approached u
"tom disallowed me to post on the forum, citing that, without any progress , the bashing might get out of hand"
so i will post updates within this week as the project just restarted
since the car has to go on a jig, to be straightened

Verbatim from my FB
tom disallow me from posting on main page
thats the reason i cant answer the thread
This, I need to step in.

Firstly, I did not disallow Kevin Lee from posting on the forums. I specifically said not to post any further regarding the Z project if there isn't a concrete update referring to the "Speedzone Motorsport" article which had been a terrible mess.

And above all, refrain from making contact with anyone no matter here or fb or phone to justify the issues as been discussed here for the past weeks.

Kevin Lee: As i've mentioned before, please do not mince my words for your benefit. You have again been told at 2000hrs today. You have also agreed to come in to face the issues as underlined by the forummers. Please act as agreed.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Thank you Tom

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
This, I need to step in.

Firstly, I did not disallow Kevin Lee from posting on the forums. I specifically said not to post any further regarding the Z project if there isn't a concrete update referring to the "Speedzone Motorsport" article which had been a terrible mess.

And above all, refrain from making contact with anyone no matter here or fb or phone to justify the issues as been discussed here for the past weeks.

Kevin Lee: As i've mentioned before, please do not mince my words for your benefit. You have again been told at 2000hrs today. You have also agreed to come in to face the issues as underlined by the forummers. Please act as agreed.
I shall reply the said issues as you shall monitor them for avoidance of mass flaming and massive disliking.

My chats with ericmaxman was very impromptu and i didnt get to explain to him what in full explanation how was i disallowed

here is what i prepared for Tom's review:

Dear Readers,

Here is a series of timeline that had occurred prior starting of the project.

During April 2011, I was hired by Tom on probation status to write for Zerotohundred.com when he
saw me writing about my Honda S600 Project.

As an idea to boost more interest in project cars and readership, I have suggested to Tom of starting
a project car to inspire new interest in the old school movement and rescue of junk yard cars. I
believe this is a growing movement everywhere in the world and a movement that should be inspire
people. I believe that Tom and I would cooperate to make this project a reality. I opt myself to be
the car owner, so that i was able to coordinate the project without bothering Tom every time. Tom
exited from the project later on, due to lack of time, focusing on his new office start up. He has
pledged to provide me due support when needed and allowed me to use Zerotohundred.com as a
platform to promote and continue with the project.

Week 1

I have suggested him the possibilities and advantages of having a project car. I believe we needed a
car that was able to participate in TimetoAttack, that was agile and powerful enough. I have googled
around and found a Nissan Fairlady Z31 on sale on Mudah. I had put on a proposal that I will be
paid for writing about the project car and the money I receive goes back into a Bank Loan I will
borrow from banks. It took a while to ask for personal loan from a certain bank that provided very
competitive borrowing interest rates.

Week 2

At last the loan money was fully disbursed by the bank. With the money, I was able to purchase the
Fairlady for RM10,000 . I drove to Batu Pahat at my own costs to meet up with the dealer. I checked
the car and then paid the amount in full to the current owner. I noted the car in the first week that
there were a lot of rust holes. But considering my experiences in my Honda project, these rust spots
and hole visually looked OK to be repairable at a reasonable price.

Week 3

I had the car towed back the following week to Edison’s old workshop as he has emailed me earlier
about participating in the car project. The towing costs were RM600. As I didn’t know Edison well, I
needed to know his scope and understanding of dealing with cars. I requested him to repair all the
damages to the point that I could start the engine up. And that he did. I paid him RM300 from my
own pocket as I wanted to drive the car back to Perak to park the car till a suitable workshop, but
the car failed on me in USJ, when I drove the car to test it out and let the guys in Playhouse Garage
to visually assess the damage. They did say that the chassis is broken and suggest I take it gently on
the bumps, as not to break the chassis anymore.

Week 4

I wrote on the Zerotohundred.com forum, stating the reasons why the Z31 was chosen, based on

seemed to be the legitimate way to go.

Week 5

I have approached the owners of Playhouse Garage and stated that they will be interested to help us
out on the project. We have been in constant telephone contact and I pledge to drive down to KL to
discuss more about the project car on Super GT day, on 18th June 2011. An explanation of rust repair
was done on the front page posting. As for Edison, work can only officially start in July when he quits
his old partnership and move his shop to the new one located in Sunway Damansara

Week 6

On the same time, an Internet poll was created for choice of colours to be painted. It was a busy
month of June for me as I had to rush for income tax submissions.

Week 7

Since it was still a busy month, I could only conceptualise what interior choices would be suitable.
The idea was to emulate the interior of the Datsun Fairlady Z432, which had the engine of a period
correct Nissan Skyline GT-R 2000, C10 S20 2.0 litre inline 6 engine.

Week 8

On the Super GT Sunday, I had a dinner meeting with Rahmat and Edison about how to approach
the project. Rahmat tells Edison to strip out the interior and carpeting of the Project Z car and
stripping commences the next day. Edison mentions that he can only commit to the car, when there
is no customers in the shop, which was agreed upon.

Week 9

Dashboard is taken out from the project car, wiring and other related items to the dashboard was
removed.

Week 10

Car stripped from its interior. Chairs and seats were taken out. Suggestion of putting on Dynamat
sound proofing on forum.

Week 11 – Week 14

No updates due to travels. Have already planned a year ago prior joining Zerotohundred.com . One
month of travel in Europe and visiting other automotive museums, shows and facilities in Europe. No
communications to Malaysia and no means to monitor the project.

Week 15

Edison was fairly busy with his shop being set up. He is due for opening ceremony soon.

Week 16

Engine was finally taken out and car was to be sent to Rahmat. A donation box has been suggested
by a forumer few weeks ago. I had brought up the idea to Tom for approval and he has approved the
collection of donations from forumers, through either Paypal or Maybank2U. A password was shared
between me and Tom on the Paypal Account. An account balance and a donation acknowledge has
been done on weekly updates, by pasting the transaction printouts.

Week 17

It was Hari Raya eve and Rahmat has been busy with his Hari Raya preparation and his upcoming
marriage, nothing could be done. So I had to update the status of the project and the cost used in
the project so far.

Week 18

It was the week after Hari Raya week. The holidays were over a week, nothing was opened. I only
took opportunity to post more photos of what has been done to the car so far and what has been
stripped. Edison had his opening ceremony session and requested to have the car displayed there.

Week 19

I visited Forged Racing showroom, to take photos of his product offerings and did a cover write up
on the products they offer. While I was there, Miss Forged Racing finalists were there to pose with
the products. I had the opportunity to take photos of the models in the shop. The car was sent by
Edison by a tow truck on the following weekday.

Week 20

I visited Rahmat’s workshop. To my horror, he mentioned that the car was subdued to flood water
and was involved in a car accident before. It was not able to identify the damages in the car without
stripping the interior from the car. Only then, we realised the real trouble of the car. He will update
me the following week on the costs needed to repair the car to satisfactory levels. As exchange for
reduced cost labour minus costs of materials, I took photos of his shop and promoted it on the front
page.

Week 21

Rahmat gave an analysis of the costs that would incur should I want to continue fixing the car.
He estimated the car to be around RM10,000 to RM20,000 region, as he had experienced similar
repairs with a certain Nissan. I told him I will consider for a week before giving a reply. At this point,
I had a choice to return the car to the original seller and claim the Consumers Claims Tribunal for
misrepresentation of the car condition. However I decided to soldier on, as a lot of sponsors have
put faith in the project and commitments to make the project to run. I couldn’t disappoint them.

Week 22

I visited Overboost Motorsports and did some advertising work for them, as they pledged to offer
a pair of open pod filters for the Project Z car. Write up on the shop was done the following night.
News arrived on that week that there was a Z31 for purchase. I called up Rahmat and enquired if
I should buy the spare car. Rahmat arranged a meeting with the owner and inspected the car and

gave me a green light for the purchase. Despite being costly, I had no choice to go ahead with buying
it for RM4,500 . RM500 was used from the donation box and RM4,000 was a loan from a relative.

Week 23

Spare Z31 arrived in Playhouse Garage after the owner sent the car out the following weekday.
Amount was paid through Maybank 2U. Car arrived in Playhouse Garage for analysis, on the parts
that can be salvaged from the silver car to the red car.

Week 24

Visited Playhouse Garage again, Rahmat advised the costs had been reduced. It is now estimated to
cost RM6,500 to swap and match parts from the silver car to the red car. I allowed him to proceed to
start work immediately. He mentioned that an appointment shall be made to put the car on the jig,
to straighten the broken chassis. Visited Speedzone and took photos of the shop, in gratitude to the
parts donation to the project.

Week 25

It was exam week for me. The car will be placed on a jig this week. Metal works and restoration
commences

Summary

It was overall a long journey from the purchase of the car. It took a while to strip due to the long
holidays. I was unable to monitor the project for 4 weeks when in Europe. It took a long time for
Edison to strip the car, due to new business starting up commitment and long holidays due to Hari
Raya, Merdeka and Malaysia Day. When the car arrived to Rahmat on Week 21, a lot of time has
passed and the project seems to be slow. I can’t force my sponsors to work fast as they volunteered
to do for free. I have to respect their time limitations as well. To inspire confidence in the project, I
went on to borrow money from relatives. It was not a easy job, but I had to do it to make the project
run and continue for the sake of everyone. This project is still ongoing as of current writing on Week
26. End of log.

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Kevin,

you disappeared for 3 weeks only to come back and give us a crappy summary of the past when:

1. we were asking for your full project plan and you promised in the deleted Week 25 thread that you will disclose your full project plan.

2. you also promised proof of receipts.

i'm sure there are many more questions but please, address these 2 first.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
If you stop with the dislike button mashing, I will answer you properly. I've already answered Razlan's post by email earlier on:

Question 1 :

I believe this post will be deleted and if it is, its a misuse of moderator privileges. I hope this stays up because its constructive, does not have foul language and is meant to express an opinion.

The reason why this project is phenomenally unsuccessful in addition to what our esteemed member BLaCkHoWLiNG has already listed is the fact that the reasons for which this car is being built keep changing.

When the project first started, it was meant as a ZTH tool for fund raising and charity related events. At this point, I was all for it and I would have eagerly helped raise money from corporates and individuals alike. Then, the scope changed and suddenly the goal was to build a sports car capable of God knows whatever speed for under RM50,000. At this point, I was already turned off by the project because at around the same time, I realized that this car is not owned by ZTH but by one of the moderators. Now, the goal of the project has changed yet again and its now to compete in some classic car championship or whatnot while flying the ZTH flag proudly on its rusted fenders.

Not only is this misrepresentation, its a disgrace and I believe its an insult to every single ZTH member who pays for their own mods. Some of us aren't well off, some are filthy rich but none of us ask for handouts. Especially when its to support a hobby or a passion of ours. If you're really passionate about something, you'd work your butt off to afford it somehow rather than coming up with some fraudulent scheme to squeeze money out of the members here on ZTH who have car maintenance, repairs, instalments etc to worry about.

It's not like you're agreeing to match RM1 for every RM1 donated even. All you've donated according to this 'temperature meter' is RM300. That's not even half of what other people have sacrificed in cold hard cash. Yet you could afford to go holidaying around Europe partying etc and you come home expecting handouts? Many of the people here have probably never been to Europe yet they have the dignity to pay their own way through life.

Answer 1:

The project was deemed to be phenomenonly unsuccessful because you assumed so. The project is working at a slow pace because I have mentioned to you that, the labour sponsor is taking his time to strip out the car. First and foremost. The theme of the project, has always been to build a supercar beater under RM50,000. Take it as a Top Gear Challenge. I am not a moderator of Zerotohundred.com. I am a staff as of April 2011, when Tom later changes our designations to Contributors. I was hired in a time where Tom still pays his employees, even Dinesh if you recalled. Whatever I earn from writing for Tom, is directly paid back to the loan of the car, to offset the difference. Tom was definitely not willing to put out RM10,000 to someone who never knew, so I suggested a measure of security, that is to create a bank loan under my name. Should he finds my writing unsatisfactory, he could terminate me and I could sell the rest of the car and bare the losses. A big gamble, but for the sake of educating how it is possible to rescue a scrap yard car and build it to something awesome, Tom views it as a noble cause.

I did mentioned, the possible outcome of having such a car:

a) A participant car between Tom and me in the upcoming Zerotohundred.com TimetoAttack. Unfortunately it didn't happened this year, due to busy schedules in Sepang

b) Showcase car of what we can do and show the world what Malaysian's can do. It is a way to be proud of being Malaysian

c) With the money donated in the donation box, I am able to use the money for good cause, to perform research and development and educate the members of the public about how to build up a car. It was sad to see a legacy of motoring history going to the scrap, considering people would just junk their old cars and buy new ones. Where the opposite culture prevails in other countries of the world, where old is good.

d) I did this project on the understanding that I will be able to get help from sponsors to complete the project. In exchange from the money and paid sponsorship for the car, I am certain I am able to use the car as a mobile advertisement billboard car on the road.

e) With a finished car, I was hoping I would be able to do a taxi ride for any unfortunate children on Sepang track. At least they get to feel how it is like sitting in a fast car. I could load up the car with boxes of goodies to be given up to the children. But honestly I have not handled any charity at that scale and have no experience. My previous experience was only handling a small 10km Ekiden run around Ipoh town, to raise money for Tsunami victims in Japan. I was the treasurer for the event.

Question 2:

And even if this is all for charity as you had originally led us all to believe, what guarantee does anyone have that you'll even complete the project? Is Tom going to personally guarantee every RM donated and every man hour companies put in that you will see this through? Where's your Honda? Did you complete it totally? How long did that take? What's your track record with restorations? I remember you telling me "someday I'll reach a point where I'll be passionate enough to restore something yada yada" or something along those lines. Quite patronizing I must admit but I let it slide. Considering the fact that I've been in the scene slightly longer than you with just under a decade of RB engines and having had the pleasure of moderating Skylines Australia, I believe "that point in life" you're referring to has long since passed for me. For you, its time to grow up.

In parting, let me just leave you with this piece of advice. Call it a day. You just do not have what it takes to raise money. How do I know? Browse through the latest edition of Hypertune and Shift and you'll see how the Skyline owners raised money for charity and although I won't divulge the exact amount, all up it was more than 10x what you have raised so far. And we did it in less than two weeks. Why? Because its was for a good cause. People don't give to people, people give to causes. How do I know? Well, having raised money for quite a few years now for our privately run orphanage I think I know a thing or two by now.

For all those who maintain that Kevin's personal life should remain private, I couldn't agree with you more. However, Kevin obviously does not think so. For the past few hours I've been inundated with messages both via SMS and on FB from friends who were contacted by Kevin wanting to get my number.

Why does he want to speak to me privately? I do not know. All I asked was very simple and I'll list it down again:

1) Initially Kevin said the car was to be used for fund raising activities to which I was enthusiastic and agreed to donate a spare HKS F-Con which I'm not using. At this point in time, if you read the earlier threads note how it seems as though this was a car owned by ZTH and Kevin was sort of the appointed guy to spearhead the project. Even to this day, he keeps using "we" as though there is more than one person who has a stake in the car.

2) Fast forward a few weeks later and suddenly the goal has changed to proving that a performance car or something can be built for under RM50k. I believe there was even an implied target top speed and a lot of the posts had a Wangan theme to it. What happened to the fund raising, displaying the car all over the country?

3) Now the goal seems to be racing the car in some classic car championship which I admit I don't know much about. Nevertheless, I fail to see the link between any form of competitive racing AND fundraising.

That is the main issue I believe Kevin has yet to clarify. Why the changes in the scope of the project? If someone had donated RM50 in the second week thinking it was going towards a car built to raise funds for charity is it fair to him that the goal is to now race the car? Shouldn't that money be returned?

The reason why I mentioned the European trip was to question Kevin's dedication to the project. Given the fact that he has managed to squeeze in a long holiday which I'm sure wasn't cheap, why only RM300 attributed to you so far based on what you have posted in your graph? As you said, if one were to follow you 24/7 then the dedication you have towards this project would be obvious but if this was truly your goal then it should be reflected in the contributions. If indeed you had contributed more than the RM300 you listed, why not list it all down properly? That's what full disclosure is all about isn't it.

You solicited donations from people under various pretences and not a single receipt of any kind has been posted here on ZTH.

Answer 2:

Value of something is always measured differently by everyone else. Sometimes giving out money is a form of charity. Giving out free education is also a form of charity. At least I don't charge by the hour or hide any technical knowledge I gained from the build. The build is solely to enchance one's knowledge in hope they can learn something about it. I believe if I can educate people to be wiser and smarter, why doesn't that count. I am putting 2 years of my time, to write something out, to be paid at a meagre wage and never asking Tom additional money for reimbursing my travel, phone and petrol costs to Kuala Lumpur. One would know, I am not from KL and it costs up to RM150 per trip. It took me several trips to KL to sort things out, as people needed to see me face to face, before they put trust on sponsoring the project. If that is not charity, then I don't know what it is. I just don't declare the amount spent because I felt it was unnecessary and looked petty.

I haven't finished the Honda for many reasons. The engine is not your average engine. It is a hell of an engineering gem. It runs on roller bearing crank and the crank is fragile and no one here really knows how to fix it. It runs on ITB, so you have to get the original carbs to run the car. Nothing can be modified or retro-fitted. Only original parts can be used. Try fixing up an early 1970's C10 Nissan Skyline, I bet you will enjoy the fun of sourcing for parts and all. Collectors keep these parts and often you have to beg them to sell them. When you strip the car apart, you realised there could be more gremlins to it. I persevered for the long journey. I suggest you check out Honda | Acura Research, Reviews, Performance Parts, Owners - Honda-Tech.com , there are a few restorations in progress for the Honda S600 and most of them take more than 2-3 years. Brian Baker, the restorer for Jay Leno's Honda S600 took 7 years to finish up his car. So technology helps a lot now, when there is access to Ebay and Japan Yahoo Auctions! You may have experience in the RB engine, but you may not have any idea how the AS285 engine works. I look forward to any sound advice you can provided. I've been moderators and admins on several tech, graphic designing and anime club forums. I believe you would know Lowyat.net and you can ask the rest of the guys how was knowledge on them. I am always open to learning something new.

1) I have no use for your HKS F-con as we don't even have an ECU for the engine we are looking at. As mentioned in the other email, Tom left the project to me, as he had to finish up renovating and starting up his office.

2) It has always been a performance car to be built under RM50K. There is a thread before Week 1 that states that. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-supercar-beater-project-sponsors-needed.html . I suggested that the car could be used to bringing up charity work. That's what I did. But I did not had a solid plan laid out at that point of writing.

3) That was not a goal. That was just saying, what we can do with the car finished. The scope of the project never changed. It was always and has been to demonstrate it was possible to build a supercar beater at RM50,000 or less. Only a complete car could be realisation of more activities we can do, namely charity in this sense.

Are you able to disprove the above statement? Until you do, I believe I'm not the only one who would continue to question this project of yours. Which brings me to my final points:

1) It looks to me like what you're now trying to do is swap chassis between the two Z31s. I have to ask on behalf of everyone - is this legal or not?

2) What happens if the end result of your project fails to pass an inspection? Is everyone reimbursed? What is your contingency plan? Since you've submitted numerous proposals, surely this was something you had anticipated?

Lastly, I couldn't help but notice that someone implied that the Skyline community was 'jealous of the financial benefits' that Kevin has somehow received from the project. Let me be clear in saying that this isn't the case. It's not the amount of money that matters but firstly, how you went about soliciting it and secondly how you've failed to provide full disclosure on all things related to the project.

If this project was truly a project owned by ZTH and is used for fund raising as originally implied, I would have gotten the Skyline community to buy that RB26DETT for you. If that car becomes the property of ZTH and you have guaranteed in writing the completion of the car in a road legal form I will personally guarantee you that RB26DETT engine you have been posting week after week.

1) That is not a chassis swap. I merely state that they will be using panels, such as fender and doors from the silver car and transplant them into the red car. This is just a way of swapping parts and it will be legal.

2) If the project car fails to pass inspection, I will immediately sell the track car at a price that is reasonable to people on Zerotohundred or on the any classifieds. That way, with the money I have collected, I will disburse back the amount donated by the original donors.

If you believe you can honor your words on helping me out. I will gladly honor it out for you, in writing. Let's put a nice agreement to that. But that's up to you to help.

Question 3

BTW, if you really wanted to raise money don't set a minimum donation of RM50. People will give what they want to give. If someone can spare RM10 or RM20 then take it.

Can you please explain this in more detail? From what I understand, you asked if you could use this forum to ask for donations prior to buying the car? Or did the idea of asking for donations come from forumers later on? Which is it?

How is your bank loan any security to Tom (sorry for dragging Tom into this)? Are you saying you are a salaried employee for ZTH and you took out a loan under your name and the instalments are paid out of the salary that Tom pays you?

Answer 3

Tom was the one who told me that I should start the donation box with a minimum of RM50. I don't mind a smaller denomination, but if the money was thru Paypal, the commission would have eaten a large portion of it.

The idea of donations came later on. The focus was always asking for sponsorship from corporate parties. But it was awfully difficult to ask money from sponsors when they haven't met you in person or actually expressed such interests in such a project. One of the sponsors quoted saying this was an unique project and would be the first around Malaysia. Somewhat like "Overhaulin" she says. But yes, I will still look around for sponsors. So far the success only lies on product sponsors, as they were immediate friends.

Question 4

Iszo,

I respect the fact that you're trying to mediate this. I'll admit it started off as an excellent idea - which was fund raising tool for ZTH. I'm just questioning the sudden shifts in scope of the project. The lack of receipts etc are secondary to that as I had promised to donate an F-Con for a vehicle to be used to raise funds not to be raced in some classic car championship.

And also if you note Kevin's own posts contradicts himself as to when he started soliciting funds and for what reasons. This is misrepresentation and I among others feel that we have been told half-truths.

No one is recommending it to be a ZTH project, it was already portrayed as being such from the start. There's the lack of transparency more than one person has pointed to. And furthermore, my opinions do no reflect the thinking of the Skyline club. Perhaps a few think the same but certainly I'd never dream of speaking for everyone. Plus, some even came forward with extremely helpful suggestions like gobiz2.

And I agree with you regarding the misunderstandings on forums as Blackhowling had already hinted to Kevin that he was way off track many weeks back but for some reason posts went missing. Had Kevin read them properly and understood the meaning, he'd have gotten the message but I guess its too late for that now. Why the posts were deleted when there was nothing vulgar, etc in them? Especially when so many other posts on these forums are much much worse?

Anyway, I'm done with this. It's obvious Kevin will not answer any of the queries I had posted so I'm not going to waste my time. Best of luck with the rebuild, the donations and the inspection.

Yes, and the fact that the project has had three different objectives so far the first of which was noble. The reasons why the scope has changed has still not been answered. I think Kevin thinks he has but I guess we'll never know.

Answer 4

Scope has never been changed. It was always as per the first post prior to week 1. I do have the receipts, but the costs of the project, e.g. purchase of car, towing and repairs were all borne by me, so I believe they were not needed to be disclosed.

I believe that I had only brainstormed and merely suggested that this is what we can do. I really did not have a solid plan as I am not good with charity work. However, if someone could point me out a good way doing it, I would wholeheartedly commit to it. I have never organised a donation drive, but merely have donated money to needy organisations and such. What I did was participated in one charity project organised by the Rotary Club as said before. Hence I only said, only 1 year worth of experience donig so. And 1 year can be a long time, depending how you see it.

Tom,
Sorry to drag you into this. I guess I've put you in awkward spot having to come out and defend Kevin while at the same time being inundated with PMs etc from a lot of people - long time members and friends alike. However, forums live and die on the people who contribute to it and I believe mizunori77 has summed up the general feeling most people harbour towards this project. Regardless, if there are any charity events such as a car wash to raise money for children with cancer or something meaningful then you can definitely count on my support as mentioned before.

It takes more than one person to get charity box running? Clearly you haven't done much if you don't know the world of difference even one man can make to so many lives.

Question 5

Originally Posted by Kevin Lee
i am personally a rotary club member of RC Ipoh. I understand charity and all and have been involved in certain plannings, like Ekiden Run for raising funds for the Tsunami victims in Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lee
i never said charity box, i said charitable events. the coordination, the letter writing and all the legal stuffs. i admit to you that, i've only looked into charity last year.

it takes a lot of effort and people to set up a charity i believe as i have never run it alone
See it took you only two posts to contradict yourself. Yet you ask for trust and want credibility. Sorry dude, I'm out.

Ciao.

Answer 5

I honestly admitted to you that I only looked on charity work last year. That was my main motivation when I was invited to join Rotary club. Before that, it was just donation thru donation boxes and donation drives. It's up to you on how should you trust me.

I believe I have actually written out what need's to be said. I have the obligation to protect my sponsors and prevent the project from failing in hopes that I do not dissapoint them. I hope you can understand my difficult position. I apologize in advance if my answers are still not satisfactory for you. Cheers

Kevin

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
Good effort in answering the questions. Keep it up and keep on answering questions. There's a lot of questions and doubts need to be answered. Keep it civilized and no personal slashing.

You are the project manager of this project, as any manager in any field in the world - there will be questions - lots of it.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Good effort in answering the questions. Keep it up and keep on answering questions. There's a lot of questions and doubts need to be answered. Keep it civilized and no personal slashing.

You are the project manager of this project, as any manager in any field in the world - there will be questions - lots of it.
as u can see, whenever i post something, it will end up in mass dislike and further bashing. theres nothing, even posting can help that.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
u r managing a big project which is i think can be considered as "public" project with the donations,sponsors etc. If this is your own project, i dont think poeple will even bash u if your projects going into drain or delayed. But, when u r taking other people's money, u have to bear with it.

You can just payback all the donations given, and continue the project on your own and you can have whatever plan u wanted granted that Tom agrees since you are running a project under ZTH.

So, just take any bashing,critics etc etc for your own good.

OH, btw you can see how many LIKED and DISLIKED on your status.. and clearly, people dont bash you personally for no reason.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
As for the donations bit, I've always clearly documented it:

Donated parties - engine purchase (cash)

1. RM50 from Nadz - M2U
2. RM50 from (name withheld) - Paypal
3. RM50 from tksu - Paypal
4. RM50 from VectorX2 - CIMB Clicks
5. RM50 from Zaidi - Paypal
6. RM100 from Izso - M2U
7. RM50 from newuy - M2U
8. RM100 from savahn - M2U

Donated parties - spare car purchase (cash)

Donated parties (items)

1. RM300 from Kevin Lee - Interior dome light, pilot light and door handles

As the car and towing purchases were already been paid off by the RM10,000 loan and partially my own money, I do not have to declare them.

The project starts with RM500 + RM300 rebate for halfcut purchase.

A Z31 shell has been bought for RM4,500, where RM500 is paid from donation box and RM4,000 is loaned from relatives. The purchase of the shell is important for the continuation of the project. I have not asked anyone to donate me since the issue last arise. A receipt is only on SMS form, where money has been deposited to a bank account. How do I extract SMS'es then?

Furthermore, a set of RB26DETT harness and ECU, were bought at RM820. A set of tail lights were bought, so that the modifcation work can be done on the metal work consecutively to the restoration of the shell. These were bought at RM900 from ebay with Shipping After conversion from USDs. Both items were paid from my own pocket as efforts to continue on with the project and the hedge against increasing yen prices.

I am responsible to report the project progress to the 8 named people as above, as they were the main contributors to the project, I believe.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

u r managing a big project which is i think can be considered as "public" project with the donations,sponsors etc. If this is your own project, i dont think poeple will even bash u if your projects going into drain or delayed. But, when u r taking other people's money, u have to bear with it.

You can just payback all the donations given, and continue the project on your own and you can have whatever plan u wanted granted that Tom agrees since you are running a project under ZTH.

So, just take any bashing,critics etc etc for your own good.

OH, btw you can see how many LIKED and DISLIKED on your status.. and clearly, people dont bash you personally for no reason.
number of dislikes is clearly high, compared to most normal users here. it jumped to a phenomenon 20 as u can see

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Now that wasn't so bloody hard was it and if you'd answered everyone else's questions as well weeks ago you wouldn't be in this situation.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
there was no way or no window for me to answer everyone as questions were pouring in and filling up the forum page non stop

second, it was just massive personal bashing and dislike fest, im sure u noticed it even now.

plus, i've been adviced that, don't post anything, if you don't have a solid update. i personally wanted the situation to calm down before i can answer anyone, that was the plan, but it gets out of hand.

z34

Known Member
May 5, 2009
why are you so afraid of getting dislike from other users? you didn't do what you are supposed to do, we dislike you because this is OUR forum mah. like a country, when someone do things wrongly, we dislike it but the difference is in forum there's a button for it. dislike is like criticism, if you can't take it, go back into your closet of comfortable zone.

now I see you have put some effort on answering a few questions, I do hope that you will be able to provide the so-called project plan in PDF format as you promised some weeks ago. and not to forget, the proof of receipts.

don't give a damn about dislike statistic. its just a number. your real reputation is on the quality of your post, not just the like/dislike number.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
well i know dislike is a number and really a button. i just get really discouraged to answer anything and i really didnt want to cause more trouble. i feel im bringing a lot of trouble, to Tom, family and friends. It just feels like a dejavu all over again, I have to get people to bail me out. It is the worst feeling of them all.

I always thought you have a certain dislike over me. The first time you did it was on that silly toy photo I posted on the Skyline forums. So I naturally think you wouldn't want to listen to me anyways. And that built an idea that I should ignore you and not talk to you, to better not provoke or do anything bad.

I sincerely apologize if my actions bring very dubious consequences. I was about to post the update anyways, since there was solid progress this week on the project, but I still don't know how the general public reacts.

I mean logically speaking, how could I answer everyone and everything, if everyone starts piling questions and not letting me answer it systematically.

An answer that is made within 1 minute, without must thoughts could only put more jeopardy to myself and I only saw it happen. When I started to back out and quiet down, everyone is looking for me like a witch hunt. So I was really lost and have been emotionally down as to, what is the right thing to do. So I set about calling people, in hopes they could give me an answer and I clearly misunderstood Tom on the phone. That I apologize again, as the damage could have been minimised, instead I believe I made it worst. I will produce more things in due time, as for now, I need time. Writing and answering everyone takes that much time.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
well i know dislike is a number and really a button. i just get really discouraged to answer anything and i really didnt want to cause more trouble. i feel im bringing a lot of trouble, to Tom, family and friends. It just feels like a dejavu all over again, I have to get people to bail me out. It is the worst feeling of them all.

I always thought you have a certain dislike over me. The first time you did it was on that silly toy photo I posted on the Skyline forums. So I naturally think you wouldn't want to listen to me anyways. And that built an idea that I should ignore you and not talk to you, to better not provoke or do anything bad.

I sincerely apologize if my actions bring very dubious consequences. I was about to post the update anyways, since there was solid progress this week on the project, but I still don't know how the general public reacts.

I mean logically speaking, how could I answer everyone and everything, if everyone starts piling questions and not letting me answer it systematically.

An answer that is made within 1 minute, without must thoughts could only put more jeopardy to myself and I only saw it happen. When I started to back out and quiet down, everyone is looking for me like a witch hunt. So I was really lost and have been emotionally down as to, what is the right thing to do. So I set about calling people, in hopes they could give me an answer and I clearly misunderstood Tom on the phone. That I apologize again, as the damage could have been minimised, instead I believe I made it worst. I will produce more things in due time, as for now, I need time. Writing and answering everyone takes that much time.
Then perhaps, like the rest has said countless times, grow some balls and suck it up. If you can't take negative feedback, you ain't getting anywhere. Even a professional exam can't help you. Attitude man, ATTITUDE. You really need to change that attitude of yours. I've hear, hmm, (stories?), about the Project Z. What I dare say is that, you have a long way to go before you can manage this project. Do ourselves a favour, learn to suck up negative feedback and learn from it. Stop blaming and twisting the facts to benefit yourself.

But what the heck, knowing your pattern, you'd probably ignore this message after all. :stupid: :stupid:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
So being the fact, if Kevin is not fit to run the project Tom will exclude or terminate him from this project and find someone FIT to continue running it?

Previously i remember members asking for legal proof that the legal ownership of the car has been successfully transfered to Kevin Lee's name because of rumors from reliable sources that the car's previous owner was not there to sign the name transfer papers?? Please provide the already transferred legal documents.

And also i remember that members asking if the car is a "kereta sambung" yes/no. i think there is a puspakom 10 point inspection needed before transfering new ownership or cars. correct me if i am wrong, there must be legal documentation of the inspection. I think its best to scan and post it here as evidence.

Another thing is being then fact that forummer 168henri posted something regarding "During the purchase of the car" incident, i think kevin lee is much responsible and should explain thoroughly the situation of the purchase,
Why no test drive was done?
Why no checking was done on the engine, exterior condition, interior condition, rust condition and the overall condition of the car prior purchase?
Why no price negotiation was done prior to purchase when u knew the condition was not very pleasing?

Prior to the conversation that u continuesly blabbered about having a mental condition at 2005, Have u seen any Medical Practitioner/Psychiatrist or been into any mental institution that can provide legal documents that you, Kevin Lee has fully recovered from this mental condition and you are FIT to normal daily practices OR managing this "stress FULL" project.

side note: I have bought many cars, and i have friends running car dealing business and i think its a common thing that people inspect before they buy? am i wrong? pls correct me.

prior to all the personal attacks/mental breakdowns/and private slashing that kevin has sent to members defaming me online, via phone calls, etc. I will opt not to post those conversations online unless i have to.

So answer the questions Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everybody..this is my problem..

i tried a few time to dissamble my center dashboard n gear console but failed every time...i only saw 2 screw at the bottom of the RADIO but when i unscrew it nothing happen or loose..try to force a bit but scared if anything will broken/damage...any suggestion or ideas old timers???really apprieciate if u all can help me..btw,i'm driving GEN 2 1.6 AUTOMATIC year 2004...thank you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience