Install HID on halogen projector?

shawnzz

500 RPM
Sep 6, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i have a car which have a projector, but its a halogen light. Can i install a HID on it without glaring others?

My car is a rexton. im not sure if the light will glare others.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Do take note that halogen projectors are designed for halogen only, the cut off pattern is different from HID projectors:

Halogen projectors are ____/____/

HID projectors are Z pattern

Suggestion: retrofit a HID projectors replacing your current one, you won't regret trust me. You can consider the above projector from Infiniti FX-R which is one of the widest projectors out there.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
alternatively, you can be a dick and just install HID on your halogen headlamps. that being said, don't be surprised if you find your car smashed up one fine day. because rexton is a very tall car and if you have HID glaring other people they will literally go blind.

shawnzz

500 RPM
Sep 6, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Okok , got it. Will go for a high powered halogen light then, like the osram night breaker. Don't have budget for ballast conversion. :)

thanks for the kind advice

SlowCar

Mar 23, 2004
Do take note that halogen projectors are designed for halogen only, the cut off pattern is different from HID projectors:

Halogen projectors are ____/____/

HID projectors are Z pattern

Suggestion: retrofit a HID projectors replacing your current one, you won't regret trust me. You can consider the above projector from Infiniti FX-R which is one of the widest projectors out there.
where can i get FX-R projectors?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I often get blinded even by rexton's stock halogen bulbs in halogen projectors! What a tall car...

I would agree with yeehau86. Just retrofit a HID projector. You won't regret it. HID bulb in halogen projector may or may not glare. But one thing for sure. The beam spread and pattern will suck and you get little illumination.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

See yourself as a race car driver but don't know where or how to kickstart this glamorous career? Wonder no more as the 2 great motorsport forces of Malaysia, TOC Automotive College (TOC) and professional race team Aylezo Motorsports have recently collaborated to form the TOC-Aylezo Racing Academy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience