Melted Projector Head light

ocmax

Jan 22, 2006
Just to share the quality of the Porjector head light in the market.

I bought this head light few months ago and it happened on last week after I travel in the highway one night and used the high beam for while and the next morning I found out this has happened.

The only think came to my mind is I stop at the rest area about 10 mins with the high beam turn on. btw it was on the normal H7 bulb.

Buy at your own risk.

No offence because I'm just sharing that the product quality can degrade pretty fast.

Regards,

ocmax

Last edited:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
shite, it looks like sperms on the lights. hahaha I was never really in favour of projector lights. hehe

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
were u using white lights? or even worse the HID's? coz i had the same prob last time. 1 of the lamp shops said that the taiwan made models can withstand the heat better than malaysian made... but i hardly think it's true...

ocmax

Jan 22, 2006
were u using white lights? or even worse the HID's? coz i had the same prob last time. 1 of the lamp shops said that the taiwan made models can withstand the heat better than malaysian made... but i hardly think it's true...
Bought this at JE Auto but they took the stock from WRC. The price was around RM580.00 for the head light fitting only.

The Projector ball is glass but the cover is something like polycarbonate. I used HID for the projected light for low beam and H7 bulb for high beam .

Refer to WRC this head light came from Taiwan.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i think hid produce less heat than halo.
btw, projector light no problem coz its got lens and its protect the outer layer from direct heat unlike open reflector.
ur H7 how many watt?

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Think of WRC headlight are made in Taiwan. HID produce less heat as compare to normal halogen bulb. Furthermore, if i'm not mistaken, H7 produce even more compare to H4.
Since u bought it from JE Auto, why don't check with them for warranty......
If i'm not mistaken, WRC give warranty, but for how long i'm not sure....

ocmax

Jan 22, 2006
Think of WRC headlight are made in Taiwan. HID produce less heat as compare to normal halogen bulb. Furthermore, if i'm not mistaken, H7 produce even more compare to H4.
Since u bought it from JE Auto, why don't check with them for warranty......
If i'm not mistaken, WRC give warranty, but for how long i'm not sure....
I did send them the defective head light but due to I did not sent the cable kit comes with the head light together (which my wife throw away during cleaning) they claim the warranty void. What a B.S.

Last edited:

ocmax

Jan 22, 2006
i think hid produce less heat than halo.
btw, projector light no problem coz its got lens and its protect the outer layer from direct heat unlike open reflector.
ur H7 how many watt?
I think the Accessories shop that help me to install these head lamp change the H7 bulb to 100w for me but there is NO manual saying that caution to use high watt light bulb when WRC deliver the projector head light to them.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Melted Projector Head light considered ok la. My fren got his waja local made projector lamp. His engine compartment nearly got burnt up, due to overheated components. lucky thing he got fire extinguisher before the fire spread to other plastic parts.

The selller said no waranty given becoz he blamed the car wiring pulak.....

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
to clear some confusion, i think it is not the "projector" that melted right? it was the "hi-beam" portion of your headlamp, which is a "reflector" type

projectors are made of glass and I doubt any type of light would be able to melt those

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
I think the Accessories shop that help me to install these head lamp change the H7 bulb to 100w for me but there is NO manual saying that caution to use high watt light bulb when WRC deliver the projector head light to them.
i think the bulb use quite high wattage for plastic glass.
normally around 55-60w rite for high beam.?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
my friend also experience the same thing.just take it off 2 days ago.he's problem
is different from ur's.his outer cover is cover with hairline crack all over just
cos he park his car under the sun.he use it for 2 month only.

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
I did send them the defective head light but due to I did not sent the cable kit comes with the head light together (which my wife throw away during cleaning) they claim the warranty void. What a B.S.
bro,
like that oso can argh...? How long u bought them? How long warranty they give? Who say warranty void? The accessories or WRC.....?

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
i think the bulb use quite high wattage for plastic glass.
normally around 55-60w rite for high beam.?
car spec usually use 55-60w for both low n high beam....
to use 100w halogen bulb, it's adviseable to add extra wiring just in case...and have to check wether ur head light can tahan or not...
normally standard oem headlight can tahan one...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heard from a mechanic, after drain out all the oil, it should be around 2 litres. If less than that amount, something is wrong at somewhere. What is the problem?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience