Owning a track day car. Finally!

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
If possible strengthen the chassis, strip the car down and do the double welding or spot welding. Anti rust it also and it'll last you for a very long time...
Yeah Hitz, as for now no spot weld yet. Maybe after Fugazi Trackday that Im eyeing for to participate. As for now I just go without the spot welding first as may not have sufficient time for it and the budget allocation is not there yet.:bawling:

The device we use at Sepang is the Transponder made by MyLaps which is pretty hefty to purchase or will cost between RM0 - RM200 to rent and depends which event or what duration

For personal reference you can apps like you said. You can try Harry's Lap Timer or TrackAddict

Also, get a GoPro to record on board videos so you can study or morning for future improvements

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
Thanks Tom. Will try up those apps. :adore: Yep hope the recording will able to get anyone with much more experiance to advice for further improvement.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Thot of it will be nice to get laptime recorded(not nessarily very accurate) for personal references. Understand that trackdays they dont have the time responder(or whatever the device is called). Maybe apps in mobile phone?

Would be great if anyone could share their experience using any apps for laptime.

Thanks in advance!
great work for the car...

next is get the biggest front and rear anti-roll bar...then play around with the suspension damper setting...

and dont forget the front fender bar as well as strut bar 4point type...

as for engine if it still stock...go find yourself an OEM mivec exhaust manifold....

as for mobile laptime apps, the best so far i've tested is "race chrono" apps....but it didnt have video recording function....

if u want laptime apps+onboard video recording function then try apps name: "track attack" BUT its only available free with 3 trial run..... after that u need to buy the apps..

as for track addict apps....im not really liking it due to its data overlay was separate from the video (and the gps speedo a bit laggy..probabbly will be better if using outboard gps sensor)

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
great work for the car...

next is get the biggest front and rear anti-roll bar...then play around with the suspension damper setting...

and dont forget the front fender bar as well as strut bar 4point type...

as for engine if it still stock...go find yourself an OEM mivec exhaust manifold....

as for mobile laptime apps, the best so far i've tested is "race chrono" apps....but it didnt have video recording function....

if u want laptime apps+onboard video recording function then try apps name: "track attack" BUT its only available free with 3 trial run..... after that u need to buy the apps..

as for track addict apps....im not really liking it due to its data overlay was separate from the video (and the gps speedo a bit laggy..probabbly will be better if using outboard gps sensor)
Thanks Pomen GTR.

As for the front antiroll bar currently using stock Evo 3 antiroll bar. At the rear still stock Satria one. Does the fender bar really effects much? Currently strut bar only using the normal one. Noted on the 4 point strut bar, will keep that in mind. I think later can look into it, now its a bit tight with the pocket. :hmmmm:

Really looking forward to learn about the damping setting and how does it change the car characteristic.

Lucky me, the car comes with oem mivec extractor. Another one thing missed to mentioned.

Will definately download track and give it a try.

Thanks2.

Last edited:

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
Reading around on brake pads. Wah bro iszo and vr2turbo is everywhere.

Still cant decide which one to buy.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm a mod la. For sure la I'll be everywhere.

And I can't just "do it". I've learnt from some hard mistakes that I can't simply dedicate that much money at any one time and I've already decided to at the very least get AWD or RWD and a car I'll enjoy. So it'll be a while longer.

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
I'm a mod la. For sure la I'll be everywhere.

And I can't just "do it". I've learnt from some hard mistakes that I can't simply dedicate that much money at any one time and I've already decided to at the very least get AWD or RWD and a car I'll enjoy. So it'll be a while longer.
Hi Bro Izso, owh appologies for not aware of that. No wonder why ur name is in different color. Have not been active in zth after my first car being sold and thot of retiring.

What FR car bro? Heard people say once drove an FR you wont want to drive an FF car anymore. Never get the chance to really drive a FR car. :confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi Bro Izso, owh appologies for not aware of that. No wonder why ur name is in different color. Have not been active in zth after my first car being sold and thot of retiring.

What FR car bro? Heard people say once drove an FR you wont want to drive an FF car anymore. Never get the chance to really drive a FR car. :confused:
No need apologies la.

You're 30 and retiring? Damn! I'm never gonna retire until this tired knees cannot press down a clutch anymore. Hehe.

Anyway, I've made mistakes in the past buying a RX7 FD. But I still want the FD. Maybe one fine day I'll be able to afford one proper

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Thanks Pomen GTR.

As for the front antiroll bar currently using stock Evo 3 antiroll bar. At the rear still stock Satria one. Does the fender bar really effects much? Currently strut bar only using the normal one. Noted on the 4 point strut bar, will keep that in mind. I think later can look into it, now its a bit tight with the pocket. :hmmmm:

Really looking forward to learn about the damping setting and how does it change the car characteristic.

Lucky me, the car comes with oem mivec extractor. Another one thing missed to mentioned.

Will definately download track and give it a try.

Thanks2.
Rear 19mm anti roll bars will be sweet!! :biggrin:

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
No need apologies la.

You're 30 and retiring? Damn! I'm never gonna retire until this tired knees cannot press down a clutch anymore. Hehe.

Anyway, I've made mistakes in the past buying a RX7 FD. But I still want the FD. Maybe one fine day I'll be able to afford one proper
No no, the thot of retiring was last time, that time maybe no friends around and $$$ very limited. Sold off my Ford TX3, drove my moms S40 and never touch anything. That time thot will not play car again. Man I was very wrong.

Owh, the Legendary FD. My old man own one at one time. Never found the right guy for the repairing. Sell it off after it keeps on giving problem.

Ya bro, I hope one fine day you will able to get a proper one.

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
Rear 19mm anti roll bars will be sweet!! :biggrin:
Will see how the car handles next session, another friend of mine(also one green Satria) took off his rear antiroll bar after discovering he needs a bit of oversteer. Taking off the antiroll bar does the job.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just days after Mercedes-Benz and Mauro Calo set a new world record for the longest drift, keeping the C63 AMG with its tail out around a skid pad for 2,308 meters, slashing 2010 Formula Drift champion Vaughn Gitting Jr’s previous record of 1,916 meters, Gittin himself has come out to question what precisely constitutes a drift.

According to the guardians of the record, Guiness World Records, drifting is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience