New car sold as cheap track car?

alfi

Jul 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello sifus out there, i have been searching for a car around mudah and found few factory standard S15 Silvia sold as track car around RM20-25k... What caught my attention is why is this nearly new and decent car are sold as spareparts? If im right they are not legal and cannot be registered here in malaysia right? but why? is the importer import this cars as a half-cut? is there a way to register these cars? Sorry i have a big curiosity hope all sifus can help me :itsme:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If they are half cut , no way to register them legally....

If use as Track car, can still transport them to the track....:biggrin:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
its illegal.. you know it's illegal and still you're asking whether it's safe to drive on the street or not...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
so if driving on the road,easy been catch or not?or if serious jpj road block just kenal?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

if we drive this illegal car in m'sia but kampong kampong,will it safe?
Drive at your own risk, is just like u know is illegal to drive around with an expired
road tax/without license and you will be in deep trouble and lots of hassle if caught
with expired road tax or drive without license.

Same logic.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Depends where you plan to drive it really...in my area, I've never encountered a JPJ roadblock before.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Drive at your own risk, is just like u know is illegal to drive around with an expired
road tax/without license and you will be in deep trouble and lots of hassle if caught
with expired road tax or drive without license.

Same logic.
Malaysia bolih mah! In his kampung probably no check. In my factory compound also have a few lorry hantu, use to delivery goods from factory to warehouse all within our factory compound....:biggrin:

oka887

Known Member
Jan 12, 2007
okayama
it is illegal../ kampong or not it is illegal.. jpj roadblock, police or not police.. it is illegal..
can catch or not? it is illegal so the answer is can la
if accident nk you wann fly from the scene? of course cannot at that time.. it is dangerous too.. no insurance too

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Why do you want to risk your life by driving an illegal car? Makes you proud?

I know its sound harsh but save your money and get the real deal. That's it.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
just only avoid jpj roadblock?if got police car or white leg police with motorbike,catch this illegal car or not?
Most of the time, whether Polis or JPJ they just look at your road tax disc. If got issue, they pull you aside for further checks.....:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Faster faster buy this car. Use it on road. Nothing is illegal until getting caught. hehehehehe

Then driver kena caught, I want to see the thread-starter write a another thread at ZTH,

titled: "HELP SIFU! I Kena caught by Cops, and scared going jail now"

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
IMO, illegal will always be illegal. Doesn't matter if 'kampung' road or big city. It's just the matter of how long you can run from the authority. And it won't be peace of mind driving around in one as a slight mistake will put you into a boiling water.
I'd rather drive around in legal but run down TA-23 rather than a slick RX-8 track car on public road :biggrin: .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wondering, a car that came stock standard inline 6 converted to a powerful inline 4 (lets say cefiro A31 convert RB20 to SR20), will the handling be significantly improved? i heard that some SuperGT cars does this.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience