Owning a track day car. Finally!

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
You will need track day pads dy.......:driver:
Ya lor, secondhand cheap2 but still good one ca get ah? Ahaha! How I wish. Ya bro looking around which one to choose. My mechanic friend still say just for the project U 350c.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
bro jambunk86. how much u bought the evo3 lower arm? need to get the lower arm together with the arb right? planning to change my wira lower arm.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Ya lor, secondhand cheap2 but still good one ca get ah? Ahaha! How I wish. Ya bro looking around which one to choose. My mechanic friend still say just for the project U 350c.
Project U should be fine. Otherwise the best bang for buck i can think of is Bendix Metal King Titanium. love these pads.

What wheels and tires btw?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
350c for daily drive, track day need higher loh......:driver:

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
bro jambunk86. how much u bought the evo3 lower arm? need to get the lower arm together with the arb right? planning to change my wira lower arm.
Got them at RM400 without the stabilizer bar. Found the stabilizer bar laying around my friends workshop. Lucky me.

I think now got someone selling at mudah.my

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
Project U should be fine. Otherwise the best bang for buck i can think of is Bendix Metal King Titanium. love these pads.

What wheels and tires btw?
Ya the Project U is the candidate.

Wheels just normal taiwan wheel bro. 15x7. Tyre achillies 123s.

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
I never thought installing an oil cooler is such a hastle. Everything is in the way. The compressor and condenser really blocking the way. If I want to keep them, each and everytime needed to change the oil filter I will need to take off the bumper(oil filter relocator only have space below the left hand side of the headlamp).

Have to say goodbye to my AC. :(

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
I never thought installing an oil cooler is such a hastle. Everything is in the way. The compressor and condenser really blocking the way. If I want to keep them, each and everytime needed to change the oil filter I will need to take off the bumper(oil filter relocator only have space below the left hand side of the headlamp).

Have to say goodbye to my AC. :(
instead of using an oil filter relocator, u can opt for a sandwhich plate with oil cooler outlets instead

so ur oil filter will still be at the original position.

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
instead of using an oil filter relocator, u can opt for a sandwhich plate with oil cooler outlets instead

so ur oil filter will still be at the original position.
Ya bro, in the end decided not to use the relocator. But need to say bye2 to my A/C. Previously the car is with A/C. Very good still. I thot still can on A/C while waiting if need to wait before enter track. :biggrin:

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
Boss... how is your satria behaving after installing the rear ARB? I had this dilemma of not installing it... :dancing2:
Boss, the ARB has been there since I bought it. 2 reason why cannot tell you what is the difference;

1. Its been there(never feel without)
2. As for now only drive it on the street havent tracked it yet. But if tracked also not sure I can tell the difference or not. Worry if my feel is deff.

But as for my friend's experiance, initially he have his ARB on; he feels like too much grip and wanted a bit of sliding(from what I understand from the brief conversation). After taking his ARB off, the rear slides a bit to his preferance(or feel better in comparative with his ARB on).

Does that make sense? I also not sure if we do something(stiffer ARB/softer damping - example) how the car handling characteristic will change.:listen:

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
Boss, the ARB has been there since I bought it. 2 reason why cannot tell you what is the difference;

1. Its been there(never feel without)
2. As for now only drive it on the street havent tracked it yet. But if tracked also not sure I can tell the difference or not. Worry if my feel is deff.

But as for my friend's experiance, initially he have his ARB on; he feels like too much grip and wanted a bit of sliding(from what I understand from the brief conversation). After taking his ARB off, the rear slides a bit to his preferance(or feel better in comparative with his ARB on).

Does that make sense? I also not sure if we do something(stiffer ARB/softer damping - example) how the car handling characteristic will change.:listen:
I have not installed them ARB since having the car many-many years ago... I did drove a friend's Satria GTi on our local B-roads and trekked out a Satria 1.8 DOHC with a UK spec 1.6 body on trackday sepang but still I did not find much difference.. I think is due to the individual car setup preferences.... all I can see cars with ARB will "tripod" when driven hard into turns... :fight:

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
I have not installed them ARB since having the car many-many years ago... I did drove a friend's Satria GTi on our local B-roads and trekked out a Satria 1.8 DOHC with a UK spec 1.6 body on trackday sepang but still I did not find much difference.. I think is due to the individual car setup preferences.... all I can see cars with ARB will "tripod" when driven hard into turns... :fight:
Ya bro, different suspension set up also maybe why cant tell the difference. Maybe need to test with and without the ARB on the same car and same suspension set up. The Satria you guys tracked, hows the suspension set up bro? Spring rate used? Body roll ok?

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
Ya bro, different suspension set up also maybe why cant tell the difference. Maybe need to test with and without the ARB on the same car and same suspension set up. The Satria you guys tracked, hows the suspension set up bro? Spring rate used? Body roll ok?
I think so... Plus all of us have a different setup:biggrin: OK.. I will list below:

The tracked Satria 1.8 DOHC UK spec body:

HWL hi lo coilovers,

Spring rate: 8k front, 6k rear

Height: 1 finger I guess.

Camber/toe: N/A

Tyres: Front/rear Federal 595 RS-R 205/50/R15

Chassis Reinforcement: Ultra racing 4 point bar front, 3 point bar rear.

Verdict: No massive bodyroll detected. The tyres probably covered most of the flaws.

The satria GTi we hantam on touge:

Suspension: D2 hi lo soft hard,

Spring rate: Front 8k, rear 6k

Height:1 finger also

Chassis reinforcement, Ultra racing 4 point front bar, 3 point rear bar, upper bar.

Tyres: Toyo proxes T1R 195/55/R15 front and rear

Tyre pressure: 28psi front, 30psi rear

Verdict: It was tested on wheelspin bukit putus trackday many2 years ago. No visible massive bodyroll. perfect balance of power and control (its a GTi forgodsake :biggrin: )

A decent coilovers will do... building a perfect trekker is no overnight development :driver:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Not to bash of Ultra Racing ARB, but the material made are darn important. It was known among few Toyota corolla communities although the bar diameter is much thicker than other brands the response given are thus so far negative feedback. Other bars are fine but choose your ARB wisely, it might not be an improvement afterall.

Even so if your platform able to source others than UR.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey,guys. many times,we want to buy wheel spacers for our cars, but what should you consider before buying it? Today, I will share 3 importent things must be considered before you buy wheel spacers. Because safety is the most importent thing for you.
1. Safety is our first consideration when we buy wheel spacers. The high quality wheel spacers usually use forged 6061-T6 / 7075-T6 aluminum alloy materials. Grade 12.9 extended wheel bolts&grade T10 wheel lug nuts. It can improve the handing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience