Myth of Voltage stabilizer

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My car ac compressor kick in headlamp will dim, dash light dim....
Apa lagi Persona mau?
That is why need better grounding. EVEN though its a new car.
Fml. Dont scare me lah sifu.
this problem sure VS can help reduce.....

(but bigger capacity alternator will be preferrable choice)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
headlight dims for a while when AC kick in is because the compressor suddenly because of the sudden start up load of the AC compressor the magnetic clutch stick to the running pulley and slows the belt speed for a split second. but I'm not sure if putting a bigger capacity alternator will help because it might overcharge the battery and in worst case fry some electronic stuff.

Just like how your house light sometimes dim when the AC kicks in but now with those inverter driven AC this problem is gone because the start up load with inverter controlled is that the load gradually increase rather than 1 shot increase to the max load.

For over the years car AC technology didn't change much still using magnetic clutch but if 1 day someone would put the inverter technology into car AC it will help solve the dimming problem.

Maybe before the AC compressor load itself onto the AUX belt. The cabin sensor sense the cabin temp is up then ECU start up the inverter driven AC compressor gradually then only load itself to the AUX belt....this is just idea la but need to consider how to perfect it.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
headlight dims for a while when AC kick in is because the compressor suddenly because of the sudden start up load of the AC compressor the magnetic clutch stick to the running pulley and slows the belt speed for a split second. but I'm not sure if putting a bigger capacity alternator will help because it might overcharge the battery and in worst case fry some electronic stuff.

Just like how your house light sometimes dim when the AC kicks in but now with those inverter driven AC this problem is gone because the start up load with inverter controlled is that the load gradually increase rather than 1 shot increase to the max load.

For over the years car AC technology didn't change much still using magnetic clutch but if 1 day someone would put the inverter technology into car AC it will help solve the dimming problem.

Maybe before the AC compressor load itself onto the AUX belt. The cabin sensor sense the cabin temp is up then ECU start up the inverter driven AC compressor gradually then only load itself to the AUX belt....this is just idea la but need to consider how to perfect it.

-thats why we need voltage stabilizer to eliminate the current spike during heavy load start-up

-even for house voltage stabilizer started to flood the market :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Never experience such thing before in all 3 cars when switch on air cond, lights did not dim. 2 cars without grounding cables and one with.
Not voltage stabilizer though.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
will dim la SF, just to what extend, you use a multi meter to get reading you will see the drop. Unless u using HID or LED headlights the no dim loh...3 cars what cars?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
will dim la SF, just to what extend, you use a multi meter to get reading you will see the drop. Unless u using HID or LED headlights the no dim loh...3 cars what cars?
Maybe will try to monitor and see...only the same 3 cars, Kelisa, BLM, Corolla.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My number is 01112379761, please bump me with wassap or whatever, I waitting for u =D
Nice meeting you dude. Just share whatever findings you have with that DIY VS of mine. Good or bad whatever, just share.

Btw, I forgot to tell you that LED is not working. So ignore it if it doesn't light up.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nice meeting you dude. Just share whatever findings you have with that DIY VS of mine. Good or bad whatever, just share.

Btw, I forgot to tell you that LED is not working. So ignore it if it doesn't light up.
Its lights up @.@... I was using it now, great, I want one =(...
I feel a immediately better response from pedal, I WANT IT!!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
BWahahahaha.. I gotta call up my electrical engineer friend and tell him he's a genius again. Hehe.

It works kan? I have no bloody idea why but it does!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Damn. Call him up and ask him to do for a price for me!
meet up with yewly and just pinjam the thing off him first la. See if it works.

I've already proposed the idea to my friend, he hasn't replied. I highly doubt he'll want to mass produce. But there were 3 made, he's using one, one's mine and one more. I'll ask that guy if he wants to sell

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
meet up with yewly and just pinjam the thing off him first la. See if it works.

I've already proposed the idea to my friend, he hasn't replied. I highly doubt he'll want to mass produce. But there were 3 made, he's using one, one's mine and one more. I'll ask that guy if he wants to sell
Please inform me if your friend do mass produce :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone tried using one of these? Open up the valve will give a noisy ride but improve in power and closed it when you need a silent ride, but what are the problem known after installing it? can the electric motor stand the heat of the exhaust? All the sifus please advice.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience