Myth of Voltage stabilizer

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
used to have 2 different VS in my ex-kelisa... no performance gain watsoever.

BUT.. my idle was alot smoother with it. how i know?

i installed 1 VS forgot wat brand...didnt notice anything... after a few years, the thing burnt and the idle got noticeably rough...to a point it annoyed me... bought zaptor... pasang and went back to nice smooth idling....so definitely not placebo hehehe

but VS n grounding usually have different gains for different cars.. some no gain... some a little gain... some alot of gain. usually when they list the gains during the advertising for the VS.....u shouldnt take it as confirm get all that... u should take it as "possible" gains.

just like iridium plugs..... lasts up to 100k km... so people think it should last 100k km before changing... but makes noise when they actually have to change it at 40-60k km... they keep missing out on the key word... which is "up to"
Thanks for sharing. Can get it for BLM and Kelisa already since both idling time quite rough. :smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Had been confusing about this product which called voltage stabilizer.

Most of the seller claim that after installed with a voltage stabilizer will have following benefits :

Better fuel consume
Smoother gear change (auto)
Torque and HP increase
Cooler air con???

And so on, some say it needs to be works better with grounding cable. Some say only higher model will give benefits like Hot Izanma, Qmax. And another information from a shop which call Kaitenaz racing which they claim need 2 to get better benefits especially on torque increase, and the best combine is 2 vs in battery and 1 vs in interior to get better electric flow, which will cost almost 3k total.

OK, this is my story, first of all, I got no idea whenever does the vs really give gain to the cars, I was currently using a custom made vs from lowyat erictoeh, I had also tried the zaptor evolve 2. The only different I felt was brighter headlamp and Air-con cooler, really no idea with the torque and fuel consume they mention about. And the full copper grounding I diy my self also does`t give any benefits.
I also installed grounding cable to my gf hyundai accent age of 8 years, which feel cooler air-con and lighter pedal. But feel no gain with the vs.

Erictoeh told me, he was a electronic engineer, which he said the +ve cable which connect from alternator to battery usually give no benefits at all, because over charge the battery does`t give any benefits, and the vs usually don`t need few months times as the EDGE(chinese cari) seller said to let the car to adept to it.

And another feedback from my saga flx friend. He currently using EDGE bt103,grounding cable and +ve cable by chinese cari seller. And a so call spark plug grounding cable =\, He said feel great with the product. He said the cvt gear box sound was gone, and also lighter padel and so on. But as my self I din`t feel any different with the gear box.

Anyone did test with this product and any comment about it?? I was just curious on what kind of stuff was this and does it really give any gain or waste money.

Oh ya, my car was Almera, and I also installed it into accord 2008, crv 2008, hyundai i10 2010.

i would say only this 2 things improves

Brighter headlamp : not brighter..but now no more light goes dimmer when a/c compressor cut in...

Longer battery life: i would say about 1.2-1.5 times longer than usual..

btw..my car was 18years old car...not new car....

naqi

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yewly1990 : A grounding kit is basically something you install to help improve your stock grounding which might be worn out or corroded or something. It doesn't 'improve' anything, it just sets it back to 'stock' performance.

A VS is a debatable thing. Personally I have had no performance gains at all with any VS I've ever used or borrowed except one. A DIY-ed one that was done by a friend who just had too much time in his hands and is a real electrical engineer. He even modified an old DEFI meter and incorporated it into his Myvi dash so now his rev meter changes colour when he hits a certain RPM and the whole meter cluster has a startup sequence just like DEFI. Anyway, I have the VS with me now, if you like, I can let you test it. It makes the car a bit rough for some reason but obvious acceleration gain on my Myvi. Haven't tested it on my ancient Wira.

Anyway, that Ericteoh fella isn't very friendly. I once asked him a question and he shot me down claiming I was trying to ruin his business. I think he's a load of bull.
maybe you can hook your friend up to make my myvi speedo to light up like what he did to his car. it's kinda cool though. haha

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SF, to improve your BLM and throttle lag. Come I DIY to let you test...use welding cable as grounding....I'm using it 300amps one....cable from Thailand good stuff....a lot of BLM and FLX owner using it....not invented by me but can DIY no problem.....I also can DIY the grounding for each COP on your CamPro.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
maybe you can hook your friend up to make my myvi speedo to light up like what he did to his car. it's kinda cool though. haha
He doesn't want to do it for anyone else because his is uniqe. LOL! People have offered him money and he's refused so too bad bro. Hehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SF, to improve your BLM and throttle lag. Come I DIY to let you test...use welding cable as grounding....I'm using it 300amps one....cable from Thailand good stuff....a lot of BLM and FLX owner using it....not invented by me but can DIY no problem.....I also can DIY the grounding for each COP on your CamPro.....
That's sounds interesting. Can only visit you on weekends then. Then can learn more from u :smile:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
That's sounds interesting. Can only visit you on weekends then. Then can learn more from u :smile:
I will wait for you but don't know until when I'm gonna wait.....1 year or 2 years? :smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I will wait for you but don't know until when I'm gonna wait.....1 year or 2 years? :smokin:
U r not staying overseas, no need that long time la adui.

idmanotic

Oct 6, 2013
I am a believer of voltage stabliser. I am not an electrical engineer though, only have simply knowledge.

However, I do understand that having clean power is important to car. This is because all our sensors etc all depends on power need to acquire accurate voltage readings and send it to ECU. If power supply is bad, I don't think sensors will work well.
t
But not all VS work. A properly designed VS needs to be able to cancel out the minor and major voltage fluctuations generated. Most VS in the market only slab on a couple of big capacitors and they can only filter our major voltage changes but not able to react to small ones.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'm very interested in the groundings! The throttle thing can be used in Persona DBW too right

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
stupidcarm yes....

SF, set the time and date....let me know so I can prepare stuff...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Personally i don't think by just using a VS it can give you a noticeable increase of performance in every aspect of your car.

A VS may give you a brighter headlamp..cooler air cond..but.. with every other stock parts in the car, that's just it.

A VS couple with performance plug cable and iridium plug may give you a better results in engine performance increment..

Well.. a VS is not a performance part like your custom extractor..piping..cam...injector etc :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

*PS: I'm using Pivot Raizin Blue.. from 7 years back and the thing still kickin hehe.. get original :biggrin:

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
Guys, I am not sure if the information I get from this friend is accurate.
As he is a quite experienced mechanic too, he told me that standard new cars normally do not need much of Voltage Stabilizer.
However, he explained to me that through his decades of experience that grounding cables is actually much more essential.
I wished I could get more information from him and cross reference with you guys.

I've used a Pivot VS before and I honestly do not see much difference except for the brighter headlamps.
Prolly because I had very minimum ICE in my car as the speakers sounded just as good as they were before installing the VS.
But hell it does make the engine bay looks a lil bit more interesting ! :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I am not sure if the information I get from this friend is accurate.
As he is a quite experienced mechanic too, he told me that standard new cars normally do not need much of Voltage Stabilizer.
However, he explained to me that through his decades of experience that grounding cables is actually much more essential.
I wished I could get more information from him and cross reference with you guys.

I've used a Pivot VS before and I honestly do not see much difference except for the brighter headlamps.
Prolly because I had very minimum ICE in my car as the speakers sounded just as good as they were before installing the VS.
But hell it does make the engine bay looks a lil bit more interesting ! :biggrin:
Grounding does a better job. Many sifus here said that before. :biggrin: