Mythbusters = toilet pills

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
helo all ,

i'am a super fans of the NatGeo MYTHBUSTERS ~

i watched them over and over again , then there is this episode where they test putting all sorts of stuff into an engine and also the fuel tank ,

well ... they did not strap it to a dyno ,but when they put moth balls / ubat gegat ? is that what its called ? the engine is like having some kinda boost ,
like someone just filled high octane fuel on the tank
< please note that it is the fuel tank i said not into the engine >

well , i believe when added with fuel the components inside this things actually gave improvements to the quality of the fuel thus when burned in the chamber giving extra boost ?

but not recommended to try it on daily vehicles thou as there are also materials on that thing when melted will disrupt the chamber as they dirty it right ?
and it is a very harmful chemical so when burned and out of exhaust you actually poisoned everyone around

someone post a thread like this long ago if not mistaken and i know somebody that race their bikes did so , but they overhaul the engine every single race so its no problem .. i think ...:biggrin:

other than that there are still 2T oil < motorbike lubricant to add on fuel tank that smooth those small bike engine internal movement so they don't blow >
that added to cars thay actually smooth en the valve movements and give more err smoother ride all the way ?
hahaha

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
big fan of mythbusters here! watched all the episodes mutliple times too...n yah there were a few threads bout naftalena n its effect on power. i believe it works but theres no free cake in this world. there's always an adverse effect n some of the bikers say theres a heavy carbon buildup after usage. maybe u can counter this by carbon cleaning yr engine more regularly?

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
hmm but its stil not that good even if we can wash it , coz we pollute others health badly ... like using leaded fuel and etc ...

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Moth balls are Naphthalene, C10H8, a type of solid hydrocarbon. I'm not sure if they dissolve in organic solvent (petrol) or not. Its a volatile hydrocarbon, which is almost similar to our petrol. It will produce flammable vapor when exposed to air. I'm not surprised to know that it can actually boost your engine :)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
pure nafatalena would help combustion but what are the side effects? will it leave any residue in the combustion chamber?

jiusan...dont go n put mothballs into yr petrol tank yet k? heheheh

jlchung

Jun 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys, i have been use this since i bought my car. it really gives more power and saves fuel in a way. Been using this for more than 5 years and so far, there's no problem with it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i m driving a waja 4g18 (M) 2004 end with minor mods. my version does not have abs and airbags.

currently i want to see if it is possible to retro-fit ABS into my waja. anyone done it before? any realiable service centers?? rouhly howmuch will it cost?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience