Exhaust Bypass Valve

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
Anyone tried using one of these? Open up the valve will give a noisy ride but improve in power and closed it when you need a silent ride, but what are the problem known after installing it? can the electric motor stand the heat of the exhaust? All the sifus please advice.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
in most cases i've seen they use vacuum activated valve or cable activated valve...
motorised activation so far havent come accross yet... unless branded ones such as HKS and other brand, they might have it...

other brand such as arospeed also using cable actuated valve.... (if not mistaken)

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
motor one sometimes jam liao cannot open.. elec oso dun work very well with the heated exhaust..

mine always jam.. :mad:

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
Thanks for the advice bro, Thinking of putting in a evo fuel tank and run a Tee at the end, one connected to a original perdana muffler, and the other the bypass valve, so i can have both extreme silent ride and least back pressure when i need it.

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
guys is it illegal to install the bypass valve?

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i saw a local shop at jb selling it, i think they did it themselves, priced at RM900 but only for NA, i think is too expensive so din consider it. What is the price for similiar product?

And if i changed to a bigger diameter piping, using sillent muffler will cover back a bit low end power right? is it a good choice of bigger diameter exhaust + bypass valve?

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
where to get this ECV?

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
try search in the marketplace link in zth under engine and performance

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All Senpais,

Which is the way to go for my selections of cars, B8 Passat 380TSI (new) or F32 428i coupe (2nd hand) having priced very similar at RM 158k?

I am rather torn in between 2 due to the fact that I love the DSG experience on the Pasat while wide track rear wheel drive machine is highly desirable as well. Additionally, the N20 engine on the beemer seems to have some issues with oil drip head gasket and timing chain guide which are rather a concern to me.

Hence, I appreciate all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience