ICE for MPV

kelvingoh9

Jun 9, 2006
Dear All,

Im driving a MPV so i have limited space at the back for putting in big subwoofers. Can any1 recommend any tube type of woofer and full amp sets that is within 1k budget? Really appreciate the comments. Thank you. Cheers.

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
tube type is long, also waste place, if want can custom made a subwoofer box.

amp + subwoofer + box rm1k is posible, just see what is your requirement and needs...

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I saw Naza Ria last time... he made custom encloser at gear console to fit 10' or 8' did not remember excatly laa... to long oledi... the Sub face to rear seat... look like OEM interior .. very nice...

kelvingoh9

Jun 9, 2006
Thanks oldskolboyz, but naza ria is very spacious and big, so i think can fit stuff like that. If the sub face to rear seat, wow.. surely the back seat passengers will get a kick out of it... haha.. if the sub powerfull enough, i think his main idea was to blow off the skirts of any gal sitting there... hahaha...

anyways, hi1983 your proposal looks good. Any suggestions of models for the amp and sub and box? Just need something simple so that my bass and treble sounds good. I usually listen to R&B and jazz... so dont need anything too high tech, also given the budget la. Thanks bro.

kelvingoh9

Jun 9, 2006
hey bro.. im driving a Citra. So no boot space at all. I heard some people telling me to put a 6" sub under the driver seat.. how is that? Hows the sound compared to if i install it at the back seat?

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I dont think it a Sub... maybe kickbass or Active Sub... I have frend own citra as well.. You can meet him to audit his car loorr & see how the system look like...
but this $$$$$$ one.... using Genesis DM & DMX amp....

kelvingoh9

Jun 9, 2006
thanks bro.. that would be excellent.. mebe u can intro us... my contact is 012-3041464. By the way, wher is he located? Thanks

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Join us TT laa tonight at McDonald Damansara Perdana with John yi of TruTech.. wokey... if you interested loorr... pleased call calvinpk (012-2160719) coz I not familiar that area laa.. paiseh..paiseh..

If U want to see the Citra join TT with zenn (012-2057397) at ampang... every Friday night.. time should be >9.30pm... coz I lost my sim card last time.. so Citra phone no also gone...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
that citra also fold the last seat to put sub. when need to use the last seat he will take out sub box and be sub-less...

maybe u can try a small active sub and put it under your seat. my friend is using an alpine one in his crv, ok la for beginner, dont require much sub bass...

kelvingoh9

Jun 9, 2006
Oh, that makes so much sense Zenn. Thanks bro. Perhaps I will look into the under seat Sub. At least when I travel , can get free arse massage from the sub. hehe.. any idea, how much a decent 1 will cost? and any recommendations of what brand? Im also stayin in Ampang, sometimes Subang, so Ill try to meet up with you guys. Cheers mate.

kelvingoh9

Jun 9, 2006
Hi bros. I visited the newly opened Sato car acc shop in Ampang and was quoted this set for RM950 including installation and 'good' cables. Wat you guys think? Amp is DrAudio 4 Channel model D3004, and MTX Thunder 6000 subwoofer including the silinder box. Is this value for money? and the quality of sound? Thanks a bunch bros.

kelvingoh9

Jun 9, 2006
oh.. damn.. ayam brand eh... well.. checked out some info about MTX, seems to be a brand from USA, and Sato is their authorised dealer. Hmm.. wat amp would you recommend for my budget? Sorry for the inconvenience of asking so many questions bro, just started to get involved with this ICS thingy. THanks a bunch!

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
kelvingoh9 said:
Oh, that makes so much sense Zenn. Thanks bro. Perhaps I will look into the under seat Sub. At least when I travel , can get free arse massage from the sub. hehe.. any idea, how much a decent 1 will cost? and any recommendations of what brand? Im also stayin in Ampang, sometimes Subang, so Ill try to meet up with you guys. Cheers mate.
try the alpine swd1600 i recommended in another thread (ice for pick-up), no need to get an amp for this, just direct connect Hu speaker out wire to the amp input. forgot the price la, just under 1k i think..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure most of you here have discussed or heard about chassis stiffness and rigidity in converted cars specifically for Proton chassis with high powered Mitsubishi engines like 4G63T. For Proton's case, many will agree that some of these chassis will not be able to take the stress from the engine and cracks might develop somewhere in the chassis later after continuous usage. So, we can say that these chassis developed for ordinary road cars may not be suitable to withstand the stress from...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience