Looking for ICE setup recommendation

MSZ010

Aug 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
Hi to all,

Have been away from ICE since 2008 b'cos working in China. Now I am kind of itchy cos kena poison again....hahaha....

Previous setup is as follows: (still at my old Sentra in Hometown)
HU: Eclipse CD7000
Amp: A/D/S 4 way (forgot the model), Orion HCCA 225 2way
2 way components: Helix H1
Sub: DLS Double voice coil (forgot model but f***ing heavy till my car looks like lowered down)

Anyway, I am not happy with the sound quality...May be is the setup....

Anyway...forget that as it is at Sabah now...and I am at KL...don't think buy a air ticket to go back to tear them down from my old car.

So I am thinking of starting to setup a new equipment....

What do you recommend for HU? Brand? I prefer to have smart phone connectivity so that I could save some cost on navigation.

I usually listen to chinese song (mostly sentimental) and some pop song like Rihana, and sometimes some 80's songs. Old man lah.....

Would you recommend danish made drives like Scanspeak, Dynaudio and Peerless for my type of listen? Any audioshop carry those speakers in Malaysia? Anyone has Morel Supremo? How is it? The previous speaker I have is a Helix H1. How does it compare to Morel, Dynaudio, Scanspeak? My budget is somewhere around RM2500-Rm3000.

I am also looking for AB Class amplifier, either 2 way or 4 way. I am more into SQ...Please recommend some good SQ woofer....BTW, I hate heavy woofer...it put too much weight on my car.

Thanks in advance.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For RM3000 you won't be able to go for brand new Dynaudio/Scanspeak/Morel. You'll need to source second hand.

For your song type with an unlimited budget, I'd recommend Denon Z1 HU, Scanspeak Revelators large format tweeter and Scanspeak midbass, Sinfoni amps and a Phase Aliante sub in a sealed box (not a heavy mofo).

For your budget range, you're probably looking at a Alpine 9887 / Pioneer P80 HU, German Maestro / Domination / Helix / Rainbow / Alpine speakers and a variety of amps depending on which installer you go to.

Btw, I'm talking about new stuff only. 2nd hand is a different story.

Better you just choose a reliable shop give them your money and tell them to make your music good. I highly recommend CV Audio Uptown Damansara (Peter Chong) and EA Autoworks (Howie Choo).

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all ...just wondering is this tint film any good..? i was quote by one of the distro for this tint RM850... is this worth the price .. if its not..pls suggest me another brand...thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience