advice needed - changing HU for SQ setup, a few HU models in mind...

skyline_maniac

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
www.trevormoorehouse.i8.com
Hi guys.....

need some advice.....planning to change my current HU for select 3 way and SQ setup....

have some HU models with time alignment function in mind.....would like to know get more feedbacks/suggestions....

1) Alpine-9887 (Imprint sound) - brand new, 4V output
2) Alpine-7998 - only second hand available, risk of faulty faceplate motor, 4V output
3) Eclipse 7100 - brand new, 8V output
4) Clarion DXZ786USB - brand new, 6V output, USB function

appreciate your feedbacks and personal review of these HUs.... :biggrin:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
i have a used pioneer P80, should give best SQ among the HU in your list, only RM1200

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
if have to choose between all u mention above, i would have go for eclipse 7100 for the flexibility... however my current favourite will be the 7998. :)

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Hi guys.....

need some advice.....planning to change my current HU for select 3 way and SQ setup....

have some HU models with time alignment function in mind.....would like to know get more feedbacks/suggestions....

1) Alpine-9887 (Imprint sound) - brand new, 4V output
2) Alpine-7998 - only second hand available, risk of faulty faceplate motor, 4V output
3) Eclipse 7100 - brand new, 8V output
4) Clarion DXZ786USB - brand new, 6V output, USB function

appreciate your feedbacks and personal review of these HUs.... :biggrin:
For this amount of money, I would suggest you top up a lil bit and get yourself a HX-D2.

skyline_maniac

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
guys....thanks for the feedback given so far....

but im prefer more to eclipse... eclipse fan here... i can recommend u where to setting and he is quite expert with eclipse HU
hmmmm where is the place that u would recommend if i go for eclipse

hwy woc taiko..moving to ice world already?
wat setup u have now?
yo taiko...heheh....yeah....stop playing performance de....moving to ice....old de....lol....
when free for yum cha? sooooo freaking long didnt see u liao la....how many years.....

then u can sit and listen my setup lor....still noob le....paisey...haha

For this amount of money, I would suggest you top up a lil bit and get yourself a HX-D2.
hmmmm bro....HX-D2? maybe its too high for my preference at the moment....probably for future upgrades....anyway thx for the advice ya :biggrin:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
if no money for hxd2, p80 also good enuff, hehe...

skyline_maniac

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Hmmmm guys….noticed that P80RS is currently being replaced with P80RSII…..

Is there any significant improvement in terms of specs and tuning ability between the old model and the new one?...accordingly to the specs for these models in the pioneer website, notice that the functions are almost similar…only P80RSII comes with additional USB ready, which I believe its required to buy a separate module to get this USB function to work rite?

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
guys....thanks for the feedback given so far....

hmmmm where is the place that u would recommend if i go for eclipse

yo taiko...heheh....yeah....stop playing performance de....moving to ice....old de....lol....
when free for yum cha? sooooo freaking long didnt see u liao la....how many years.....

then u can sit and listen my setup lor....still noob le....paisey...haha

hmmmm bro....HX-D2? maybe its too high for my preference at the moment....probably for future upgrades....anyway thx for the advice ya :biggrin:
jensen wong... located at at kajang hugo accessories. i can help u to company u if u want to... can listen to his demo also... :)

Last edited:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
yo bro///i'm looking for HU as well...muahah...just started on my honda city...since my wira 1 all gone...fuck those thieves:mad::mad::mad:

i'm now running CDT audio wit PPi 4200am...

btw...non related stuff....how do i connect my sub 2 my ppi amp sincd the ppi cant put 2 lowpass/mono ? means if i bridge n power my sub..they will run full range rite?

Bump: oh ya...yam cha....if manage 2 squez out some time then mayb can yam cha wit u but really vr vr busy recently...my old RCA spoil also no time 2 get em fix yet...where u go 4 installation?
i plan 2 go back mega sound in kampung subang since i did my wira there n their charge is fair n workmanship also not bad...