difference between ori and taiwan 99 parts

especko

Oct 9, 2004
eh guys, want to ask a bit. what's the difference between 99 taiwan parts and original japanese parts apart from the costs. what's the difference in terms of materials used and the fittings as well as other differences? thanks in advance.

civic@938

Known Member
Nov 28, 2005
it might not be fit nicely like original...if you wanted to convert your 96 to 99...its better that you get ORIGINAL fender, grille, and bumper....bonet can use taiwan one cause no much different*

reliable sources from a Honda Expert...kekeke

especko

Oct 9, 2004
so if i change part by part? like for example the rear and front bumper first?

m_syakir_r

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
front parts u must change all like headlamps, bumper, grille, fender. if rear u can change the bumper only.

doksero

Mar 30, 2006
m_syakir_r said:
front parts u must change all like headlamps, bumper, grille, fender. if rear u can change the bumper only.
how come can tranforms from 96 to 99 if we change only bumpers for rear??:Not_Impressed:

EJ6SO4

Known Member
May 29, 2005
Kedah, Malaysia
udengfahlawi said:
the headlamp and taillight if taiwan one, the difference will be visible after a few years of usage....sumtime the kaler fade....
YUP..that is the basic thing to compare between the quality taiwan made n ori...

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
The difference between TW and HOP is the price issue and fitment. TW is hell lot cheaper but you have to sacrify fitment. The fitment of TW parts is really horrible and you can't get a thing right. No offense but when you look at those FLEK on the road then you will feel sick of it when TW parts are used. I can write down a list of fitment problem of TW parts but for god's sake, just forget about it and get the HOP.

HOP is expensive but it worth the money. If you can't afford it then just stick to preFL bodyparts and forget about the conversion, preFL ain't that bad and considering that it's getting rare now...

sasuke

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 23, 2004
Hikaru said:
The difference between TW and HOP is the price issue and fitment. TW is hell lot cheaper but you have to sacrify fitment. The fitment of TW parts is really horrible and you can't get a thing right. No offense but when you look at those FLEK on the road then you will feel sick of it when TW parts are used. I can write down a list of fitment problem of TW parts but for god's sake, just forget about it and get the HOP.

HOP is expensive but it worth the money. If you can't afford it then just stick to preFL bodyparts and forget about the conversion, preFL ain't that bad and considering that it's getting rare now...
Fully agreed!!! :shades_smile:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
Honda ori parts sometimes have fitment prob too la... there's this big gap between the body and the left side of rear bumper for my accord. The right side fits nicely tho. maybe it's due to the bumper bought from hafkat shop... but even with the ori bumpers... still got some gap... geram

afdzan

500 RPM
May 29, 2005
Kajang
hmmmm....about the fitment....i agree....but as i'm concerne....my car look nice also....dunno what to say.....maybe some of u can have a look at my car....for me it's ok....but if u got the $$$$$....then go buy ori one....hehehehehe

m_syakir_r

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2005
doksero said:
how come can tranforms from 96 to 99 if we change only bumpers for rear??:Not_Impressed:
i mean if u no $$$ to convert the rear part, u can change the rear bumper first but if u want to convert the front part, u must change all the front part.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
amdfaisal said:
Honda ori parts sometimes have fitment prob too la... there's this big gap between the body and the left side of rear bumper for my accord. The right side fits nicely tho. maybe it's due to the bumper bought from hafkat shop... but even with the ori bumpers... still got some gap... geram
You never know whatever happend to that bumper before it got into your hand, bro. My JDM EK9 front bumper doesn't fit quite right, there was a 5mm gap between the fender and bumper. The grille didn't fit quite right too. Later I replaced it with a brand new HOP bumper and everything solved. :shades_smile:

Rules of thumb, PP will get deformed eventhough there is no sign of cracked or scracthes and it's very hard to get it back and fit right.

civic@938

Known Member
Nov 28, 2005
yeah dude...what you said is correct...and this is why i wanna save my green to get original front part...

honda expert = Hikaru

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using proton wira 1.5 i (auto). I.m having a problem with the RPM of my car its very especially when I stopped a car and still in gear mode.The fuel pedal sometimes it makes a movement when I released it (can feel it slightly movement). Some of my friends said it due to the throttle body need to be services. Is it because of that ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience