WTA : differences of EP3 and DC5

howard?!

Known Member
Sep 14, 2007
to all sifus2 :adore: here,hope u guys can enlighten me wit ur knowledge:idea:...
i'm looking to buy a EP3 but my fren told me to go for DC5 coz it perform better than EP3,is it true? i'm no expert in honda cars,so hopefully can get some info here,thx...:biggrin:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
to all sifus2 :adore: here,hope u guys can enlighten me wit ur knowledge:idea:...
i'm looking to buy a EP3 but my fren told me to go for DC5 coz it perform better than EP3,is it true? i'm no expert in honda cars,so hopefully can get some info here,thx...:biggrin:
howard?!

FYI this topic has been discussed before...you can find it here--> http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/honda/240011-help-needed-ep3-vs-dc5.html

anyway, i've driven both car and what i can say is in terms of handling, acceleration and fun factor basically is the same. its the LOOK that set them apart....

the one advantage that EP3 has is the price. its much cheaper compared to DC5R.

maybe other members can add more!

dc_vtec

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
It is more easier to find parts if u using dc5r.

howard?!

Known Member
Sep 14, 2007
interm of looks i prefer the EP3 coz it look more agile... i've driven my fren DC5 b4 it's handle quite ok,but i 've nvr tested the EP3 b4,anyone here own EP3? maybe u can let me knows how is the handling,better yet let me test drive...haha..:rofl:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
I noted that EP3's have a very sharp turn in .......... very sharp turning angles.

Engine parts ........... should be all the same.

Jeff86ks

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
performance wise, these 2 cars come pretty close. If you've noticed the HK Touring Car Championship, the numbers of EP3 and DC5 are more or less the same. Kenneth Look, the 2004-2006 consecutive champion of that particular event drives a DC5.

Mind you though, this doesn't mean DC5 is way better than EP3 because racing event has many factors to count on, not just the car.

In the end of the day it really depends on what you need, a 2 door coupe or a 2 door hatch? Most of all, are you really going to test the very last bit out of these 2 cars? You don't need a life that stands on the redline of the famous K20A if you ain't bringing the car to the track everyday.

Cheers.

nksc

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2006
ep3 got a nice gear place..=P

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
just my 2 cents
for me depend what you need to future of mod this car hehehe....
both car also using same performance parts either from rubber into engine bay
only the advantage of DC5 itself have larger engine bay so was good for turbo upgrade:rofl:lol
but face lift EP 3 was very nice:adore: once u with some body kit upgrade if compare with pre face lift model

Both DC5 and EP 3 also a very good potential car for upgrading only EP 3 have less resell market value :(

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
apparently, someone told me the wheelbase for the EP3 and DC5 is the same.

apparently he measured his EP3 with another dc5, don't know true or not.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On October 7, 2009, MICHELIN launched its first global advertising campaign. The new campaign’s slogan – “The right tire changes everything” – is intended to illustrate the competitive advantages of MICHELIN tires in media outlets around the world.
In response to today’s increasingly competitive business environment, MICHELIN has decided to launch an unconventional global campaign to explain to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience