Differences Between B16A and B16B Oil Pump

b-eater

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
Hi guys, im just wondering what are the differences between B16a and B16B oil pump in term of performance.
Can someone tell me here. Thanks.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
b16a should be 80mm and type-r ones are 84mm.

it doesnt add HP to your dyno but it maintains the high pressure when u high revving. stock oil pump tend to drop pressure at high rpm. since oil pressure is critical in the vtec head especially, then a better oil pump is always necessary.

b-eater said:
Hi guys, im just wondering what are the differences between B16a and B16B oil pump in term of performance.
Can someone tell me here. Thanks.

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
J101,
which part r u referring to? the 84mm.
thanks.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
if you take out the pulley from the casing, its the outside diameter of the outer rotor (one with the teeth).

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
thanks.

btw, i have one B16B type R oil pump for sale. from a low mileage halfcut.haha....

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Just bought the Feb/March issue of honda tuning.. and this question came up on the letters section..

Seems like oil pumps on the OBD2 B16A (means EK B16A, not EG) is the SAME as type R's one..

Since it's just a mag, believe it or not is up to you.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
the type-r ones are actually the same size with the toda 84mm. i know that the gear is made out of a better quality metal than stock. the toda oil pump is a stock unit with their gear which sells for about RM880 brand new in SS RACING(gear only) and doesnt pump more but can withstand the rigorous duty of track and drag setups. the toda will last lot longer in high rpm usage.

was at ssracing on saturday, they've got 2 units left for the toda oil pump gears.

b-eater

Known Member
Dec 4, 2006
J101 said:
the type-r ones are actually the same size with the toda 84mm. i know that the gear is made out of a better quality metal than stock. the toda oil pump is a stock unit with their gear which sells for about RM880 brand new in SS RACING(gear only) and doesnt pump more but can withstand the rigorous duty of track and drag setups. the toda will last lot longer in high rpm usage.

was at ssracing on saturday, they've got 2 units left for the toda oil pump gears.
but the toda one is more more xpensive than this typer :P

neway shiro .. is it true the ek4 b16a same as b16b oil pump?? hermm no wonder la.

anipd

Aug 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hmm hello guys..im using type r oil pump..and now im searching for toda oil gears. for type r 84mm rite?
got no stock for 84mm now..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
hmm hello guys..im using type r oil pump..and now im searching for toda oil gears. for type r 84mm rite?
got no stock for 84mm now..
i remember not too long ago i saw an ad in mudah for oil pump gears from ken racing sunway....

not toda though... dunno what brand

food for thought... i know of someone who installed toda high pressure oil pump gears in his engine and he started getting leaks everywhere... pressure too high... seems that the toda gears he got were meant to be used with an oil cooler.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hallo everyone ... i m posting this msg becoz my bro's car is facing this problem .. few months back, his car windscreen broken and had gone to a shop to install a new one ... coz he was rushing back to kl (from johore), 4 hours after the installation, he drove back to kl ...

during raining season, (heavy rain) .. he found out there are some leakage from the windscreen ..

does anyone know where can fix it instead of reinstall the whole thing ?

thank u all !!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience