Difference(s) between `96 n `98 ITR

user6

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Kuching/Sarawak
Visit site
Any sifus here knows?Performance wise tat is...and the spec as well.I know tat `98 ITR using 5lugs pattern..and 4.785 FD.Wat abt the disc diameter?And also the ratios?Is it the same?Suspension settings and sway bars?:confused_smile:

Wats the current market price for the complete h/cut of it?Both `96 n `98 model?
Should u guys recommend doing this swap to B18cR?:retarded:

Thanx!

2nd2none

Known Member
Sep 13, 2006
Bro,

Get urself a Best Motoring featuring Legend of Type R and u will know all da difference between 96spec n 98spec. They hav done a full review of da ITR n also da CTR.

Price wise for B18CR should b around RM15K n above depends on da mileage n condition of the halfcut. Body parts r not included.

Last edited:

user6

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Kuching/Sarawak
Visit site
Errmm...Thanx again all,but wat i need actually ur 1st hand experience..:Not_Impressed:
tats y i asked in ZTH....anyways,google is more to `org puteh's`experience
...IF possible I want u guys' opinions n thoughts or rather recommendation. . .:confused_smile:

So...care to feed in more infos?:regular_smile:

p/s: 2nd2none. .. 15k is for which model?`96 or `98?Tq

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
98+ 4.785. (only for ITR) non of the CTR regardless what year oso still 4.4 and same with < 98 ITR.
98+ oso come with 5 lugs disc.
disc size shud be bigger than < 98 ITR.
the ratio oso different

(96 - 98)
3rd = 1.107- 1.034
4th = 0.848 - 0.787
5th = 3.000 - 3.000

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
org putih experience is not the same as us ah? their theories and facts are the same wat?? if orang putih use 4.785FD then what abt us? use mivec FD to our vtec gbox?

now u can get so much info on the net...unlike 5-6 years ago. slim chance to get sources online. u can actually dig up old threads as this thing has been discussed numerous times previously.

just my concern.

A

achor

yo guys, dudes. no need to gaduh la. try n look at this 1st. this is wat i found before buying my car in japan. comparing dc2 year 91-95, seems like mine got a few differences.

now cam someone help me find the spec of my car. '96 DC2 SiR - G II. all i know is, it's a 'perjalanan ke type R' model. dem! if can find, full spec, i belanja teh tarik. hahahah...

Last edited by a moderator:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
get the latter spec, the 98 model.

at least it comes with :
- 4-1 extractors
- HID light with the HID focus circle on the lamp
- comes with optional tweeters on the doors
- 5 lugs definitely
- 98 spec ecu is different than the 96 ecu, base map wise.
- if you like srs air bag steering wheel then its good to go. i prefer 96spec.
- based on the catalog, the torque is higher.
- nicer carbonfiber look on the center console
-98 bodyparts comes with better rear bumper. nice to fit honda-access side skirts
and rear skirts.

hope this helps.

user6 said:
Any sifus here knows?Performance wise tat is...and the spec as well.I know tat `98 ITR using 5lugs pattern..and 4.785 FD.Wat abt the disc diameter?And also the ratios?Is it the same?Suspension settings and sway bars?:confused_smile:

Wats the current market price for the complete h/cut of it?Both `96 n `98 model?
Should u guys recommend doing this swap to B18cR?:retarded:

Thanx!

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
theres one 96 DC2 Sir-G II in town that i know and the "perjalanan" has been completed to 98spec.

achor said:

now cam someone help me find the spec of my car. '96 DC2 SiR - G II. all i know is, it's a 'perjalanan ke type R' model. dem! if can find, full spec, i belanja teh tarik. hahahah...

user6

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Kuching/Sarawak
Visit site
Wow!Thanx bros....anyways ...sorry IF my Questions were kinda NEWBIE,but hey...
i`m just askin for opinions here..appreciated very much for the infos and all...AND ur concern...plus,i`m not very good in looking for infos in the net and i really prefer asking it to u guys here...tats wat tis forums for ,rite?

So...all in all,`98 ITR is much more better in performance i presume?Wat abt the difference in price between them?And one last thing ya,can the ITR dash fits into EG?

Thanx again guys!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
J101,
ekhheemmm....same DC2 v r talking abt here?unker Peter still holding on 2 it ar?aahahaha....n dude,u dun wanna tell them d difference btween d head of 96 ITR n 98 ITR?heheheheh

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
According to catalog, definitely 98spec should be better.

According to my integra friends, 96spec ohliginal should be 70ish and 98spec ohliginal ridiculously 100ish

I believe it would be wiser for you to test drive one, original ones, to get to know the car well. Seeing is believing.

For prices, u can refer Motorader or The Star newspaper.

Also, do call up the banks for loans if you happen to plan to get one. 96spec is 10 years old.

But then again, since you plan to hybrid it into an EG, then which ever model is fine as long the budget permits. At the end of the day, the hidden cost to change the wear and tear is a long list.

user6 said:
Wow!Thanx bros....anyways ...sorry IF my Questions were kinda NEWBIE,but hey...
i`m just askin for opinions here..appreciated very much for the infos and all...AND ur concern...plus,i`m not very good in looking for infos in the net and i really prefer asking it to u guys here...tats wat tis forums for ,rite?

So...all in all,`98 ITR is much more better in performance i presume?Wat abt the difference in price between them?And one last thing ya,can the ITR dash fits into EG?

Thanx again guys!

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
akuma,
maybe its part of his car collection. :)

about that technical part let the integra owners answer it lar. we shouldnt be in this thread lar hahahahahaa

akuma said:
J101,
ekhheemmm....same DC2 v r talking abt here?unker Peter still holding on 2 it ar?aahahaha....n dude,u dun wanna tell them d difference btween d head of 96 ITR n 98 ITR?heheheheh

user6

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Kuching/Sarawak
Visit site
Bro J,
Thanx for the info man....i really do appreciate it..yeah i plan to hybrid it into my EG...n am still not sure whether to use back my obdI engine harness or to usethe ITR obdII harness. . . wats ur opinion?Anybody have some thoughts on this?

Thanx!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

whut parts do i need?

do i need to change ecu to manual ecu?

any important info should be known bfor conversion?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience