WTK: difference between JDM & SGDM half cut

CIVIC68

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Lets say for a B16A transplant, why most people will go for the JDM spec halfcut for 1st priority rather then the SGDM since the SGDM is slightly cheaper ??? whats are the differences within these 2 ?? JDM got LSD & SGDM got no LSD?? or just because its from JAPAN...
I'm here to learn... appreciate if you guys can share me with some valueable knowledge , thanks. :_:

Last edited:

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
items made in japan for JDM are of better quality...many cant see it but will know it when using it...plus their interior are of better quality and sometimes when u are lucky u get halfcut modded by jab penis guys......that is why people rather buy halfcut from jdm

CIVIC68

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Ok, besides than qualities... are there things (performance part) that can only be found in a JDM halfcut but not from SGDM??? example : LSD gear box. etc.. etc....
& also for performance wise... any difference ????
Just wanted to know is it worth to get a SGDM halfcut ... :emoticon_U:

Last edited:

kuNyit

1,500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Moon
Visit site
you may ask to our SIFU Tuan Hattech coz he used SGDM on his hood.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
JDM or SGDM doesnt really matter as long as it's good condition n healthy...if get JDM but many problems parts also no use...if get all good stuffs regardless JDM or SGDM but later dunno how to take care of the engine also no use...whatever lacking from either one can always upgrade later what....

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Doink said:
items made in japan for JDM are of better quality...many cant see it but will know it when using it...plus their interior are of better quality and sometimes when u are lucky u get halfcut modded by jab penis guys......that is why people rather buy halfcut from jdm
Singapore EK is actually imported from Japan, it's the Japanese export models. Quality wise it's actually the same.

The only difference is the specification of engine.

The quality of local EJ is really difference than the JDM, cheesy materials for the plastic interiors and bad weldings.

CIVIC68

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Hikaru said:
Singapore EK is actually imported from Japan, it's the Japanese export models. Quality wise it's actually the same.

The only difference is the specification of engine.

The quality of local EJ is really difference than the JDM, cheesy materials for the plastic interiors and bad weldings.
Yes, This is exactly what I wanted to know, - the specification of the engine.
What are the pros of the JDM & what are the cons of SGDM..
Come on Guys.... I need more informations on this..

redbluez18

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
PJ
got sumbody wanna do engine transplant liao!! :X-: bro, 68.. y dun u put ur own ride onto the signature..anyway.. good luck on ur research, dude. :shades_smile:

sasuke

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 23, 2004
kuNyit said:
you may ask to our SIFU Tuan Hattech coz he used SGDM on his hood.
Last time yes lah... I think now I can hardly find a piece of SGDM part under his hood now lor... :Not_Impressed:

Ho,
SGDM is ok to go. Just that their mileage is higher than JDM spec. Engine spec a bit lower. Gearbox no LSD. Meter is different. Other than that not much big issue lah.
One thing I like SGDM halfcut is their interior has better condition compare to JDM one.

CIVIC68

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
redbluez18 said:
got sumbody wanna do engine transplant liao!! :X-: bro, 68.. y dun u put ur own ride onto the signature..anyway.. good luck on ur research, dude. :shades_smile:

As I said I'm here to learn & at the same time want to gather some info only lah Bro Redbluez..

CIVIC68

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Thanks Sasuke San..
Any commen from Tan Sri Hattech since I always heard people commen about your car is fast & also I heard you're the Nilai V-tec King???:_: pls dont be KEDEKUT to share some of your knowledge with me lah...

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
aiyooo... my car where can be so fast... all SGDM parts...
actually what sasuke mentioned is correct. the SGDM hafkat normally availble with high milage while JDM one low a bit.
SGDM normally clock more than 150K mileage. even mine last time was 170K.
but for the interior like seat, sunroof i think SGDM better in hafkat condition.
about the perfomance i think shud be the same. JDM EK4 oso not all equipped with LSD. maybe bcoz of the mileage of the JDM hafkat, the wear-n-tear parts for it have a better condition than the SGDM n then this may result a better perfomance.
in term of power, my stock b16a4 get 142atw hp. n its remain till today.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone tell me wat sound is that? After sometime then it will disappear. The sound will appear when i js start my car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience