Honda civic models difference

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hi all,

Im new here.
Wondering if anyone could provid edetailed info of the difference between the various HondaCivic models [EF, EG, EJ, EK, ES....etc]. is the difference based on the body type only? cuz the engines hv their own codes.
Im planning to buy a 2nd hand honda civic 1.6 97 vtec soon. :_:

Tq~

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
what kind of info u looking? for a better result i think u can search in under google using those keyword... sure u can get lot of info...
unless u looking for specific info about specific model... maybe someone here can help u.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Those you mentioned is chasis code from different generations.

Take EK for example, you will find

EK2
EK3
EK4
EK5
EK8
EK9

These are codes to differentciate the EK in different engines.

For instance EK3 is D15b, 1500 cc and it can be categorized as different trim levels as well according to its equipment and specification as

ML
Vi-RS
Vi
Mi
ML

There are more for other models so do a search from search engine and you should find out more.

For local 6G civic the code is

EJ6 - year 1996
EJ7 - year 1997
and so on

There isn't much difference for local EJ coz we only have vtec and nonvtec engine, D16, MT and AT. That's it. There ain't got trim level.

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
too many differences to be listed. pls be specific.

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
so wat im lookin 4 is an EJ or an EK with a 1.6vtec la rite?
Tq guys
Q, how come most of em are A/T. is it bcuz of ltd numbers of manual cars of this model were brought into msia. how much wud a conversion kit cost eh. n the fuel consumption difference between auto n manual for this model, is it large, or isit only negligible.
ouh, another Q, since both is 6th gen civic, wats d diffrence btween these two, EJ n EK. from my untrained eyes they look d same ja hee
[i hope i dun blow my bank account on this ~:]

ouh..n then i found another thread discussing on EJ/EK at http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=35851

Last edited:

gtmaniac

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
Putrajaya
panaroL said:
so wat im lookin 4 is an EJ or an EK with a 1.6vtec la rite?
Tq guys
Q, how come most of em are A/T. is it bcuz of ltd numbers of manual cars of this model were brought into msia. how much wud a conversion kit cost eh. n the fuel consumption difference between auto n manual for this model, is it large, or isit only negligible.
ouh, another Q, since both is 6th gen civic, wats d diffrence btween these two, EJ n EK. from my untrained eyes they look d same ja hee
[i hope i dun blow my bank account on this ~:]

ouh..n then i found another thread discussing on EJ/EK at http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=35851
Locally assembled EJ/SO4 manual only available with non-vtec engine.

The cars were not brought into msia - they are locally assembled. Unless you are referring to a small number of re-cond units/personal imports...

Hard to differentiate std EJ & EK (import), since most of this model couldn't get away without being 'rojak'-ed by it's owner. For pre-FL car, my clue is the colour of the glass & the 2 tabs that hold the bottom part of rear plate number.. and, in some of the rare std car case, the Ferio badge. May be there are other ways to differentiate them..

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Indeed, there are many ways to differentiate a Japanese EK and a stock local EJ if you observe closely but I don't see the point to list it down here.

Since there are many owners after for JDM appearance now, the best way is look at the chasis which will indicate EJ6, EJ7, EJ8...... etc

uchan

Jun 18, 2006
Sorry hijack your thread =P

May I know how's the fuel consumption for 2005 and 2006 of civic (in per litre)?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Looks like a local D16. You can always check the engine code at the block then you will know what engine it is. Go get yourself some books or do a search on the net then you will know more. For SOHC alone, there have been many generations developed with different spec and you can't simply told from a picture like that.

civic18c

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
kuala lumpur
the simply to know doch big or small v just look at valve cover, the big v at valve cover wrote doch VTEC and small v DOCH vtec and all single cam vtec engine is small vtec that i'm not mistaken.

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
civic18c,

wrong la,

single cam vtec engine is NOT the so-called small vtec.

small vtec means the 1st generation of B16A engine. production from 1989 to 1991. n it's a DOHC vtec.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

i would like to ask wether BOV can produce pss sound on 1 to 3 psi or at 0.1 and 0.2 bar? if possible, what type bov u guys recommended - and as for me, i need a pull type bov instead of push type as u can see only 0.2 bar has been boosted.. actually i manage to close the bov at idle, but i just wanna ask about this cool sound appearance, wether they got or not at 0.1 or 0.2 bar? or it just a flutter?

ps - sorry for my dumbness
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience